11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
[MERGED] Travel Lanterns some obscure fix - nothing much

What is this meant to fix exactly?

If you have npcs carrying lanterns sideways, this lantern mesh will take care of that.

If you have lanterns hovering above the ground, or some lanterns are found upside down, the included esp will take care of that.

included:

new travel lantern mesh. Light_com_lantern_02.nif
With havoc so it will fall down to the ground when dropped and you can throw it around if you want.

To support the havoc'd lanterns, collision has been added to these meshes:

in the meshes\morro\f folder :
FurnUComULanternUHook.nif,
FurnUComULanternUHookU02.nif,
FurnUComUTorchURingU01.nif,
FurnUDeURopeU03.nif,
FurnUDeUShackUHook.nif,
FurnUhookU01.nif

and in the meshes\morro\o folder :
ContainUtramarootU04.nif,
ContainUtramarootU05.nif

The new Light_com_lantern_02.esp
will fix all the known instances where the Light_com_lantern_02.nif would be mispositioned
in the current Morrowind_ob.esm vs 32

and also adjusts the positions of the havoc'd lanternmesh to secure lanterns from falling down.

To install, put esp and meshes folder inside your data folder and overwrite if asked.

If you previously downloaded the first lantern fix I released in the bug report thread, then do get rid of that one.
It is now obsolete.

Please try this out and report all issues and bugs!

edit! Download link removed, no longer required

Here's the old lantern and the new lantern in a comparison shot to show the difference.

Edited by: thermador on 06/11/2012 - 09:11
Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
Here's a new version of the

Here's a new version of the  Light_de_candle_blue_01.nif.  The esp updates the rotation of the mesh in the game, and the nif replaces the  regular Light_de_candle_blue_01.nif of Morroblivion with a havoc'd one that is corectly held by characters.

pic:

There is a candle using the Light_de_candle_blue_01.nif on the table in fargoths house , if you need one.

This only replaces candles using the Light_de_candle_blue_01.nif, other candles are not affected.

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
Here's

Here's  Light_de_candle_green_01.nif updated.

The esp updates the rotation of the mesh in the game,

and the nif as usual, replaces the regular Light_de_candle_green_01.nif of Morroblivion with a havoc'd one that is corectly held by characters.

Also the files in the textures\clutter folder, adds the normal map texture and glow map texture to the candle.

Pic:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here's an update

I've gathered the travel lantern, the blue and green candle dls into one download. This includes an updated mesh for the two candles (cosmetic fix but IMO it's noticeable) and a single esp that is actually the 3 indivual esps merged together. So if you want this as a package, don't bother with the individual dls above, you only need this one. However the green candle and blue candle links in the posts above have been updated now to include the updated mesh.

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
There's a rather ugly little

There's a rather ugly little lamp named buglamp.

There are three buglamps appearing in the Morrowind_ob.esm,

they are

0lightUdeUbuglampU01

0lightUdeUbuglampU01U64

0lightUdeUbuglampU01Uoff

However only one of them uses the correct buglampmesh, the other two have got it wrong.  So I made an esp to correct this so that all 3 uses the light_buglamp_01.nif as they're supposed to.

While I was at it, I havoc'd the buglamp mesh and positioned it to the hand, so it is actually useable now.  So obviously the esp also updates the positioning of the mesh in the game world.

Clint
Clint's picture
Nice work!

Nice work Opal-Eyed! I'll have to try this out. I always loved running around with candle sticks :D

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
Thanks robertnevill777, it's

Thanks robertneville777, it's cool just to grab a candle off a shelf or table when you don't have a torch, and with havoc you can simply put them where you want to, and decorate your den, or morroblivion house if you got one. If you encounter some issues please let me know :-)

Here is the replacement for the light_de_candle_05.nif lamps.

If you want one, there might be one on display at a bookseller store in Balmora.

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
So I found it's time to

So I found it's time to update this stuff, here is the latest esp with some obscure fixes and some additional portable lights. Please use this new esp instead of any old one to take advantage of fixes. And overwrite the old meshes. This is all the lights posted ealier updated, and in addition some fairly new ones bundled together in one big happy release.

Also I added icons this time around.

Also adjusted the useless 2 minutes duration of these MW handheld lights, to match the duration of standard Oblivion torches. So they are an actual viable alternative now.

edit! Download link removed, no longer required as of Morroblivion v033

Shouldn't be any bugs, but please report any you stumble across!!!!

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Great work

Thanks for this mod. Great to see that Morroblivions flaws and bugs are diminished one by one.

tleemessick
tleemessick's picture
THANK YOU!!  That was bugging

THANK YOU!!  That was bugging me soooooooooo much.

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
thermadors issues

Thermador had some problems with lanterns falling down from walls when entering a new area, this was experienced with the morroblivion 0.33 version.

my hunch is the problem would be either esm or nif related.

-If the lanterns in the esm misses the hook on which they're  hanging onto, they will fall down.

-If the hooks of which they are hanging onto lack collision, they will fall down.

Since we both probably have the same esm, I initially think it's nif related somehow.

Because the lanterns have physics now, the meshes supporting them has to have collision.

There is a chance that the version of these meshes supporting the lanterns in your game does not have collision enabled.

the meshes supporting the havoc'd lanterns are

: meshes/morro/f

FurnUComULanternUHook.nif, FurnUComULanternUHookU02.nif, FurnUComUTorchURingU01.nif, FurnUDeURopeU03.nif, FurnUDeUShackUHook.nif, FurnUhookU01.nif, furnUlavacaveUpool00.nif, furnUmudcaveUpool00.nif, furnUpycaveUpool00.nif

:meshes/morro/o

ContainUtramarootU04.nif,  ContainUtramarootU05.nif

It's important to find out if the meshes in thermadors game have collision, it would look like this in nifscope.

That top one with the red rigidbody is what I included with the lanterns, to support them so they wouldn't fall down through the mesh.

The bottom one with the light blue color is the mesh type morroblivion normally uses, without collision enabled.

I had a quick look around for mods that would provide such meshes, and investigated the awesome retexture mod "VisualOverhaul". It turns out that this mod also contains the meshes

: meshes/morro/f

FurnUComULanternUHook.nif, FurnUComULanternUHookU02.nif, FurnUComUTorchURingU01.nif, FurnUDeURopeU03.nif, FurnUDeUShackUHook.nif, FurnUhookU01.nif, furnUlavacaveUpool00.nif, furnUmudcaveUpool00.nif, furnUpycaveUpool00.nif

So having the new lanterns, and the old lanternsupport meshes together might be causing the problem. Could you try installing the nifs mentioned above once more from the latest installment of the Additional Support Files 2, and overwriting the existing ones?

The nifs in question from "  VisualOverhaul " and the nifs provided  with the havoc'd lanterns all use the same textures as far as I can see, so overwriting the "  VisualOverhaul" nifs with the newer nifs to gain support for the lanterns should not lead to any visual difference.

Opal

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
SeferothtleemessickThank you

Seferoth

tleemessick

Thank you both for trying out the portable lights and lanterns, it's great that you like them.

:) :-) :smile: