12 posts / 0 new
Last post
fleamichael
fleamichael's picture
How to go about...

Hey, I'm new to Morroblivion and modding in general, and I have some questions.

A while back, I tried to get Morroblivion to work, and failed completely. I figured modding was something impossible for me.

Recently, I figured I'd try again. So I looked up morroblivion, and somehow downloaded an old version. 

My question is, can I just install the Morroblivion v048 file and put it into the data folder, and not worry about the old version?

Also, is there any simpler instalation that the [RELZ] Morroblivion Complete Installation on the site? Something like: Download this, put it into this folder, turn it on in OBMM or whatever, and play?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Contributor
Very Involved
Morroblivion is one of the largest installations ever, maybe THE largest. It does, after all, include an entire game and two expansions. It is not for the faint of heart, or for people looking for a quick setup. The Installation guide included with the v048 download DOES give you step-by-step instructions, but does assume a level of familarity with installing mods in general. There is a thead by Thermador that does attempt to simplify, but even so is still very involved.
Ice
Ice's picture
Contributor
Fleamichael - if you're

Fleamichael - if you're willing to get your hands dirty, its definitly worth while. You'll probably learn something (or a lot of somethigns), and you'll definitly get your money's worth. So don't shy away too quickly!

fleamichael
fleamichael's picture
Okay, I'm prepared to try

Okay, I'm prepared to try installing again. I think I've learned a little by installing a few smaller mods, and hope I can pull of Morroblivion now.

Anyway, how do I remove my old version of Morroblivion?

Ice
Ice's picture
Contributor
I'd just copy the new stuff

I'd just copy the new stuff overtop of it. ;)

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Contributor
New Overwrites the Old
Don't worry about removing anything; the new setup with simply overwrite the old. However, if it is very old, and you are planning on continuing an existing game, I would recommend making a clean save by going someplace neutral, like the Imperial City, Save, deactivate any mods you have for Morroblivion, load from the save and then save again. After the second save you have cleared out any lingering references, and are ready to start fresh.
fleamichael
fleamichael's picture
Good news! I got Morroblivion

Good news! I got Morroblivion to work! It was actually easier than I was trying to make it. :P

Anyway, one last question. 

On almost every person in the game, there is a yellow diamond thing on their wrist. Did I do something wrong?

P.S. I downloaded Eloth's Misc. items and ingredients, although it didn't come with an esp/esm file thing.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Vvardenfall imports.

The wrist problem is that you did not download vvardenfall imports EXACTLY how you are supposed to. Make sure that you install the parts and patches in the right order. Also not all mods come with esps and esms. Those are for placing new objects in the game and for example, Eloths mod is just a replacer to make things look better.

fleamichael
fleamichael's picture
Okay, so I guess my problem

Okay, so I guess my problem was I didn't download the Vvardenfall Imports mod.

Unfortunately, I have a new problem now. The game with or without the mod turned on crashes right as it finishes loading. I don't know if i installed it wrong or anything...

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Contributor
Please be Explicit
Whenever you have a problem, you need to be very explicit with what, exactly, is happening so that I can try to diagnose what you may have done wrong. Otherwise, all I can do is guess. As a guess, you have not set your load order properly. Or, you have not installed Vvardenfell Impots properly; missing textures can cause problems too; Vvardenfell Imports is a complicated install, and a good portion of all the problems that anybody has ever had are because of not installing it correctly. There are some troubleshooting tips at the bottom of my intallation instructions.
fleamichael
fleamichael's picture
So... How do I install

So... How do I install Vvardenfell imports correctly?

fleamichael
fleamichael's picture
Nevermind. I fixed it. The

Nevermind. I fixed it. The problem was I tried to start a game that didn't have the Vvardenfell mod and had another mod turned on.

Thanks for the help guys!