38 posts / 0 new
Last post
magek1lla
magek1lla's picture
how to get to mournhold

I was just wondering if you needed to do the same thing as morrowind (get to lvl 5, sleep, get attacked by a dark brotherhood assassin, ect.), because when i talk to the girl who teleports you to mournhold, no topics appear. I know that there arent any quests in mournhold, i just want to check it out for old times sake. thanks in advance!

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Tribunal
The first two Quests from Tribunal have been done. It was my understanding they take place in Mournhold, but that is the absolute limit of my knowledge on the subject. The person that did the two quests has moved on to other things...
TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
So, what does that mean?

So, what does that mean?

Is it possible to go there, maybe with another way?

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
I use the old "CNME 1.4" mod

I use the old "CNME 1.4" mod to travel to Mournhold. This mod enables the "Travel to Mournhold" dialog. So use that to travel to mournhold. The download should be here somewhere in the site.

TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
But it requires Tribunal and

But it requires Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansion .esm files, otherwise it crashes

XJDHDR
XJDHDR's picture
If you have TES4Gecko, you

If you have TES4Gecko, you can quite easily delete the Tribunal and Bloodmoon ESMs from it's masterlist so that you only require the Morroblivion ESM. Also, since the Tribunal and Bloodmoon ESMs only contain headers, there will be no negative side effects of removing them.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
CNME is Not Compatible
CNME is Totally Incompatible with this Master. If you attempt to use it, there is no telling what will and will not work.
magek1lla
magek1lla's picture
So is there ANY way to get to

So is there ANY way to get to mournhold, or is it undeveloped?

Darth South
Darth South's picture
First two quest of Tribunal

First two quest of Tribunal is included in the current version, so yes, you can.

magek1lla
magek1lla's picture
I must be doing something

I must be doing something wrog, because I have slept for over 300 hours and the assassin has not attacked yet

TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
Because Darth Soul tells

Because Darth Soul tells rubbish and both of you didn't read the previous posts.

The option to travel there is disabled, aswell for Solstheim (you can still get there by crossing the sea)

I hope this will be implemented soon...

Darth South
Darth South's picture
"Because Darth Soul tells

"Because Darth Soul tells rubbish and both of you didn't read the previous posts.

The option to travel there is disabled, aswell for Solstheim (you can still get there by crossing the sea)

I hope this will be implemented soon..."

1- I did read the other posts. And not so sure but there was a rule about INSULTS.

2-If it was disabled, why was I attacked by Dark Brotherhood assassins, and went to Morunhold to search. So magek1lla should see Asciene Rane inside the Eboheart. However I am not sure, if morroblivion has that rule too, but in Morrowind you needed to be attacked first. However it might be because the morrobliviom modders set it(Dark Brotherhood attacks) start after the Main Quest is finished. Did you finish the M.Q. However it started in Morrowind after you are level 5(If I remember correctly again!)

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
TheRevoluzer wrote:

TheRevoluzer wrote:

Because Darth Soul tells rubbish and both of you didn't read the previous posts.The option to travel there is disabled, aswell for Solstheim (you can still get there by crossing the sea). I hope this will be implemented soon...

Lets be polite ... Darth Soul has every right to say something ... and being tolerated if mistaken.

In morroblivion the assasins quest is supposed to start after you beat the vanilla mainquest ... more specifically when you finish talking with Azura. ( thats what the scripts on Azura suggest anyways).

In anycase Mournhold is there and you can always go there by using coc for example (you will probably need to look in the CS for an ID)

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Ok so here is the console

Ok so here is the console command to teleport yourself to Mournhold:

While playing Oblivion:

- Press the ~ key (its located near the top left corner of a traditional keyboard ... below the Esc key).
- Type in "coc  MournholdSTempleXSHallSofSMinistry" ... without quotes    
- Press Enter

This should teleport you to Mournhold Temple ... from there you can make your own way using actual "doors" :p
If it doesn't work then make sure the spellings are correct ... you need to type in the command EXACTLY.

Here are some more codes (you don't need them but maybe useful if one doesn't work for some reason).

coc MournholdVSGeonSAulineAsSHouse

coc MournholdVSRoyalSPalaceSThroneSRoom

coc MournholdSTempleXSHighSChapel

coc MournholdVSRoyalSPalaceXSBasement

To go back to Vvardenfell ...

coc VivecVSTelvanniSMage (should put you in Vivec, in one of the shops)

These codes might look complicated but actually they are rather simple ... its just the normal names of the cell but spaces get replaced by S and , gets replaced by V and : gets replaced by X and so on.

TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
Sorry, for being a little bit

Sorry, for being a little bit rude 

but I thought, that this 2 expansion regions are not enterable by any normal means
Why did you change the quest start of the tribunal-quest-line?

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
I think Yoshimo or Queen of

I think Yoshimo or Queen of the Ashlands did that so don't ask me ... but I guess it makes sense since everything in the story proves that Tribunal was intended to be played "after" Dagoth Ur has been defeated (you being so famous to be a target for assasination ... Almalexia acknowledging you as the Nerevarine ... the two gods going mad and mortal ... etc. etc. )

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Agreed

Agreed, it shouldn't start til the main quest is over.  This was a bug in the Tribunal expansion, which basically assumed everyone playing it would have already finished the Morrowind main quest.  Of course, then Game of the Year edition came out, and they never updated it to put in this requirement, so a lot of the dialogue makes no sense unless you've already finished the main quest.

Additionally, if you start getting attacked right away by assassins, it makes it really easy for low-level characters to get rich quick by selling assassin armor.  This is kind of a cheap trick, but it is really tempting to do it.  Also, it doesn't really make sense that the dark brotherhood has targeted your character with repeated assassination attempts so early in the game, when you are a low-level nobody, before you finish the main quest - why are you so important?  You haven't done anything in Morrowind yet.

magek1lla
magek1lla's picture
thanks Darth South and

thanks Darth South and Hashmi1. I'll use that coc code tonight.

xXBluXx
xXBluXx's picture
Using CoC command keys.

I use a somewhat powerful Labtop, the ~ key dosent bring one up, any idea if labtops can do that, or is it jus something Desktops can only do.

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
I have heard of problems with

I have heard of problems with laptops and Windows Vista\7 ... however there is a mod that can help you get around the issues (Download).

It needs OBSE ... but you probably already have it if you are using morroblivion.

Remember however that things in mournhold before the assasins quest actually starts can be unpredictable ...

xXBluXx
xXBluXx's picture
Console Mod

Dude Your my hero LOL, I never new it was actually a bug due to vista/7 i jus thought all labtops were like that :P

As far as the assasins quest goes, Im patient, cause in truth game of the year addition did kinda not make since after all, i would be like  O_O i was attacked by assasins, and would be like ummmm okayyyy, oh hey Free Armor :D *stroll to the merchant, Hello sir, How would you like to buy some somewhat damaged Light, yet tough, armor. Dont worry theres no blood on it, and theres a minor gash near the torso area, hmm...whats that? 500 septims you say?? :O you have a Deal :D. but after i made my money and sought out the land of where the assasins hailed i realized as how low leveled my character was. mostly dieng on the spot. any who ilike the thought of beating morroblivion and then doing the quests for Tribunal and Bloodmoon, because thats how it was supposed to be played, not to mention the timeline adds up afterwards.

TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
Console problem

I have another problem with my console

I can't enter the ""

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
I think I said it explicitly

I think I said it explicitly ... "without quotes" ... you do not need to enter the quotes aroud "coc ...." Infact that will not work if you do.

TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
I know, and it works for me

I know, and it works for me but my "quotes" don't work in oblivion.

They look like @ ingame

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
You mean you can not type in

You mean you can not type in " within the console (and instead it prints out @) ?

Probably Oblivion recongises a different keyboard layout than your hardware ... tryout the other symbol keys, one or another might be for " ( I think it should be on the right hand side ... somewhere next to Enter maybe).

Anyways you won't generally need quotes ... they are only useful when there is supposed to be a space in some name ...

TheRevoluzer
TheRevoluzer's picture
You are right, I need to seek

You are right, I need to seek for it somewhere else on my keyboard...
I don't know, how often it is needed in Oblivion

I used it alot in Morrowind to travel ;)

kittie885
kittie885's picture
When I was in the ashlands in

When I was in the ashlands in one of the small settlements (I think it was Maar Gan, somewhere around) trying to overcome my skooma withdrawl I spent the night and was attacked by a ninja-like figure in my sleep. After successfully killing him I found out he was labled as a dark brotherhood assasin and from him I retrieved a dart like thing and a quest. I followed the quest to the person that teleported me to Mournhold where I was able to do the first two quests. Because of this I know its possible that this thing is active, even though only the first two quests are finished.

I have never had or played the knights of the nine expansion when I played the Morrowind game so it was all new to me.

oratorus
oratorus's picture
I figured I should clear this

I figured I should clear this up.

I did those first two Tribunal quests. Yes, you can go to Mournhold. Your character needs to be something like level 15 (I don't remember what exactly I set it to) to be attacked, then the first quest will automatically start when you sleep for a couple hours. As you progress, you'll learn how to travel to Mournhold.

I set it to level 15 (or whatever it is) because in the original game, Tribunal starts whenever you install it. You don't have to beat Morrowind first. In fact, there's different dialogue based on how far you are in Morrowind's main quest, so there probably shouldn't be a requirement for you to have beaten Morrowind first.

The downside to that is you have to kill a very powerful NPC in the second Tribunal quest, so maybe that number should be bumped up a little bit.

ghksfd
ghksfd's picture
Traveled fine, but Map messed up!

Seferoth is right. I enabled CNME 1.4, and travel back and forth Mournhold without problem (talk to Ascience Rane of Ebonheart). Awesome! Thanks for the fix!

However, once I enable this mod, my travel map locations ( in Morrowind) are shifted downward (way south, like Seyda Neen, Ebonheart etc is in the middle of the ocean south of the Vvardenfell Island). Any cure for this??

ainalie
ainalie's picture
Hmm.. I had this problem,but

Hmm.. I had this problem,but i have corrected original world map  in photoshop and all become normal)

I can upload my version of the world map or original world map from esp converter archive,it's work normal too

P.S sorry for my english(

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Please do not use CNME

As David said, please do not use CNME.  It is not supported, and it will likely cause all sorts of problems with your game.

Read the post directly above yours http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/general/1313#com...

ghksfd
ghksfd's picture
Works Now! Any Conflicts with Oblivion DB?

Thanks for the help. And yes, when my level is 15, I was attacked by the Dark Brotherhood, and trigger the path to Mournhold later, through Asciene Rane in Ebonheart. And after that come back and forth this Tribunal expansion without issue! Thanks again!

Just wondering... though I never try before, would it conflict with the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion? Or would they be triggered depending on where you sleep (Vvardenfell or Cyrodiil)?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind and Oblivion are Separate
Morrowind does not conflict with Oblivion in any way. All the ID's are different; the factions are different; the scripts are different, etc., etc. Oblivion Dark Brotherhood is NOT the same as Morrowind Dark Brotherhood. Just FYI, MOST older Morroblivion mods attempted to compensate for bad armor and clothing by updating NPC's inventory. Consequently, Morroblivion mods tended to edit Hundreds of NPC's. This is why the all conflicted so badly with each other. CNME edits Hundreds of other things as well. Take a look at it sometime in Tes4edit. ONLY ONE MOD GETS TO EDIT AN NPC. This is simply the way Modding works, period, and the last mod to touch an NPC wins. If the Master updates an NPC, then CNME or some other Morroblivion mod updates that same NPC, forget everything done in the Master; ONLY THE CHANGES FROM THE MOD BASED ON THE OLD MASTER are used.
rekuli
rekuli's picture
Assassins still attack in Cryodill or Vvardenfell

-- though the Tribunal quest line ought to be suspended until the MW main quest is finished, as was said in another thread: when you start a game, in Cyrodiil or Vvardenfell, assassins attack you when you sleep.  Asciene simply doesn't offer the option to travel to Mournhold (and shut down the guild).

Darth South
Darth South's picture
Dark bortherhood asssassin

Dark bortherhood asssassin don't attack you till the end of the main quest. I've been trying this personally. And even if you finish the Main Quest, they won't attack if you are below level 15.

But after ı've satisfied the condition they attacked me on Cyrodiil. However it was v24, so it might have been changed.

keibatsu
keibatsu's picture
Quest code

Ok if you are having the problem like I was where even though you completed the main quest but were not getting attacked by the dark brotherhood you can simply add the quest by pressing the ~ key and typing in "setstage fbmwTRDBAttack 10" EXACTLY like that (without quotes) then press enter and it will add the quest.

robireid12321
robireid12321's picture
What is the letter that

What is the letter that represents ' like v = commas and s = spaces what does ' equal?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
robireid12321 wrote:

robireid12321 wrote:

What is the letter that represents ' like v = commas and s = spaces what does ' equal?

Usually, the < ' > character (single quote/apostrophe) is converted to < A > in Cell names by the ESP Converter.