7 posts / 0 new
Last post
kittie885
kittie885's picture
Oblivion mods work in Morroblivion?
I have several Oblivion mods in my game that affect the way the game is played.. such as realistic fatigue, realistic hunger, diseases, skooma addiction and all natural weather, among others. Will these work in Morroblivion too or will they all be nonexistent? If some work but others don't what determines if they work or not? Will my custom clothes i'm wearing in the game work? I guess i'm not understanding how separated this game is from the Oblivion side, enough to affect what mods and such.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind is an Oblivion Mod
Whether a mod affects Morrowind or not depends on what the mod does and how it is written. However, the game is Oblivion, not Morrowind. Morrowind is, quite literally, an Oblivion mod. So, things like your realistic hunger, etc., will probably function as intended, however, these types of mods may rely on certain things that will not be present in Vvardenfell. For the answer to that, you'll just play and see. Any custom clothing, armor, etc., you have will be unaffected. It is similar to entering the Shivering Isles. Nothing on your character changes, but the surroundings are not familiar.
kittie885
kittie885's picture
Thank you. As you say I will
Thank you. As you say I will have to try it and find out. But I do feel a little more secure with the idea that at least not ALL of my mods will be lost in the transport to morroblivion!
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Let Me Know
Please let me know how you do. Viewing Vvardenfell as being very similar to entering the Shivering Isles is a very good analagy. You won't find apples, etc., growing in SI, nor will you find them in Vvardenfell. So, if hunger is satisfied by Ash Yams and Hound Meat, then you're on easy street. Otherwise, you'll be losing some weight...
kittie885
kittie885's picture
Well as you predicted all of

Well as you predicted all of the personal mods, such as armor, clothing, inventory work. Realistic fatigue also works I found. Unfortunately the realistic hunger mod, while functioning, doesn't count morrowind food of any kind as edible so unless you have a pretty huge stash of food in your inventory to last you through the whole game you're going to starve. Also the weather mod doesn't seem to work either. I will have to learn to live without those or get a different version that might work. On the other hand skooma addiction does work! I found some moon sugar, the challenge will be finding skooma! Other mods that don't seem to work that i've found:

Docile animals (of course)

Enhanced diseases (as far as i can tell) [Edit:] I wanted to update this. I found Enhanced diseases do work Kinda. I have caught the "common cold" many times and successfully passed it on to a couple mages guild mates. I have been unable to catch any native morrowind diseases or illnesses with the "enhanced diseases" way or pass them on to anybody though. Also, I don't seem to get any enhanced diseases from looting dead bodies like in Cyrodiil and npc's don't seem to catch anything other than the common cold from me.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Send me the Mods
If you send me the mods I will take a look at them. However, I was thinking of this before, maybe the authors remember Morrowind... Have you tried asking the authors themselves to update the mods?
kittie885
kittie885's picture
I hadn't mentioned

I hadn't mentioned morroblivion to anybody because I thought it's on the down low... Also I have asked the authors of the disease and skooma mods to help fix some bugs with those mods and have not gotten any response what so ever so the idea of contacting them to update their mods seems less than promising.