9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Problem with the Morag Tong
Hi everyone, I'm able to do Morrowind's main quest without any problems what-so-ever. In fact, i'm enjoying it far more than Oblivion's! However, I do have a problem with the Morag Tong quest chain - I can't start it. The guildmaster in Vivec has the "join the Morag Tong" option, but clicking on it just shows the "You have done well to find us" dialog. Is this due to a conflict in my load order, or something else? Cheers, Zadama
RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Contributor
Ill take a look
Thankyou for reporting this, I'll take a look at it too see if somethings wrong, the way it should work is he says "youve done well for finding us" then you should have 2 options, either "join" or "ask what they stand for", the one thing I can think of off the top of my head is that he's giving you a line similar to the "youve done well" one, but he then says something like your not ready yet, this happens if his disposition is too low i believe, but ill go through it in the game and editor right now to make sure this isnt a bigger problem, Ill hopefully have a solution soon. EDIT: There is indeed a problem, this didnt happen in earlier versions of the main project so it must have been something that occured while merging for v016, these things happen, ill work on a fix and report back soon,
RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Contributor
Found the problem
Ive found the problem and have a fix for joining here https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1q0Egh5xvpUYTY1MTM3YzYtMzc... The problem is that it seems general Morag Tong dialog, conversations which dont further any quests (I left these untouched when making the Morag Tong Quest as they werent strictly nessecary) were moved from MorrowDefaultQuest (Priority 70) to the Morag Tong Advancement quest (Priority 90) , which controls alot more important dialog, the general dialog then had a priority of 90 and was competing with the quest dialog. The esp ive provided conditions these out for the "Join the Morag Tong" topic when talking to the grandmaster, which fixes the issue you discovered. However i havnt had time to check every dialog topic for this problem, so it could pop up again somewhere else, although its less likely that any of the quests will have dialog that overlaps with general dialog so it sshould be good. Please tell me if you run into anymore issues and ill fix them asap, im a bit anxious about the Morag Tong quests because i havnt been able to test them with v016, as I've been tied up with other projects and with the impending Christmas.
Zadama (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
I'm afraid the quest still
I'm afraid the quest still doesn't seem to be working properly, despite the .esp. The Grandmaster does now give you the quest to kill Feruren Oran; you can kill him and the quest will update, saying either that it was "reported as a crime", or "no one dared to report my actions". But the Grandmaster doesn't acknowledge that the quest has progressed - all of his dialog options are still greyed out, and when you do click on "Join the Morag Tong", the response is "You are already one of us, Brother." I advanced the quest using the setstage command, and he does offer a second quest - which can be completed with no problems whatsoever. The issue seems to be exclusive to this first mission. The only other issue I have run into is that the Writ's don't do anything (no dialog options appear on the Ordinators) but that isn't so much of an issue as long as no one reports the murder.
RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Contributor
Odd,
Thats odd, i also fixed the "already one of us, brother" dialog in the esp, that part must not have saved, or the version i uploaded was an earlier patch esp that my OBMM had stored in memory, which is an incredibly frustrating problem i seem to have. Ill double check the fix and take a look at the ordinators, thanks for reporting these bugs in, EDIT I ran through the Morag Tong from the start and in my game I can get through joining, killing Oran and then recieving the next Writ, so I'm not sure what more I can change, or why it wasnt working in your game. Ive also taken a look at the guards, they also seem to work with writs for me although they can get strange when you try to present writs during or soon after an assasination, ill have to come back to this. I also changed the topic heading for "Present Writs", so it actually said the right thing, I thought i did this before the release, in fact im certain of it, but it should be changed now. I've uploaded the patch again here although the only change ive made is renaming a topic, but if the last patch link was one i hadnt finished working on this one should be complete. https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1q0Egh5xvpUZGI2YjA3OGQtMzR... Im really not sure why they arnt working for you though, there might be some difference between your esp's and mine, It works for me with just Oblivion, Morrowind and the Morag Tong v016 patch loaded, I hope this works but seeing as i didnt change anything significant I really dont know, perhaps if someone else could tell me if they are also having problems after my patch, it could help. Otherwise maybe try with a new game, if all else fails, On a separate note, ive discovered that when you present writs, unless you have enough gold to pay your original bounty the guards wont recognise that you can pay your reduced bounty, and wont have the "pay gold" option after presenting a writ, ill have to do some tinkering to fix this, i just dont have the time now
dexterwarden
dexterwarden's picture
It's impossible!

I don't know whether or not it is a bug since I've never played Morrowind in another way, but as soon as I attack Feruren Oran I get several people attacking me (from another floor!), not to mention that evil-looking son of a- which insists on interrupting the fight with asking me for gold, telling me I'm free to go, only to make me find out I am free to go somewhere else - and with a lot less stuff.

Is it a bug? I can't defeat 5+ people including a guard.

xFOSSAx
xFOSSAx's picture
i have an another

i have an another problem.Ethasi Rilvayn is absent in Morag Tong Guild in Balmora. There is only a guard in there. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Contributor
What naughty thing did the OP
What naughty thing did the OP do? :teeth:
esperantoeff
esperantoeff's picture
I didn't have any problems

I didn't have any problems getting the Oran writ, but I did have the same issue as Zadama after killing him, used the console to update the quest and no more problems like it.

As far as people being attacked by everyone in the room (for that writ and others), every time I've been attacked by someone that I clearly remember not getting involved in the original quest I've been able to end the fight by yielding to them. So far. Hope that helps someone.