8 posts / 0 new
Last post
holee
holee's picture
Kinda Desperate..
After installing Morro GOTY and Oblivion GOTY, i wanted to get Morroblivion. I converted all the master files (Morro, Blood, Tribu and Tamriel Rebuilt) and some mobs, it all worked with few crashes(?) (ESP convertor stoped but restarted after pressing enter key, finishing by a ''Save Done'').I had an issue with the ''Too many key!'' error but it wasn't from Bloodmoon convertion (wolf skin), but from Tamriel Rebuilt (or TR). Now i've downloades The mod to add a boat in Anvil. When i play, i saw it, i speak with the guard but when i get ported, it's all blue (casual problem). So now I searched for info to solve it, some said to put the mods in certaing order with OBMM, i've did it but nothing solved. Other things could be to run Oblivion as Admin, this too revealed unsuccesful. Some could say the convertion wasn't compleatly done so re-converting would solve the problem. I did, still with some issues but always finish with a ''Save Done'' (I don't know if that mean it was succesful). So after several tries, it still blue. Also, i tried disabling some mods (master files) like Tamrial Rebuilt or Bloodmoon and Tribunal just to keep only Morrowind (because it's your first arrival in Morroblivion) After plenty of hours reading tuts and infos about fixing, i have solved my problem. Sure you can say ''Look on the forum it already have been posted (It been posted) If someone would show me a tut because i have to say, like the title of my post, i'm kinda desperate.. I am surely doing something wrong, and of course, i can't seem to find what. Infos: I guess my morrowind and oblivion are up to date, i'm using the ESP converter .98b and OBMM (i don't know if there's other version) For the boat mod in Anvil, i have CNME 1.4 Playing on vista 32-bit. Any kind souls willing to help a poor man, i would really apreciate it. (Thread is long, hope it will help me :) ) -Holee (If you need more info, i'll be glad to provide them)
Edited by: holee on 03/11/2009 - 16:47
Night Viper
Night Viper's picture
I..
had the same problem when arriving in Morrowind.The only thing that worked for me was either running the ESP_conv as well as the NIF_conv as admin and converting all over again or not converting Bloodmoon or any other mods.If you want to run Morroblivion without any errors when playing the game then the conversion has to run without any errors (at least thats what I've found).So try converting everything again without Bloodmoon or any other mods.
holee
holee's picture
Mhm..
What i wabted to try is to convert 1 file at time, i don't know if that work (if you convert will it erase the previous one?) Anyway, i will try your way, because at first you need to get in morrowind, AFTER you go anywhere else (Bloodmoon, Tribunal, etc) (About the errors with ESP_Convertor, like mostly of the issues, mine weren't from Bloodmoon (from what i saw like the Wolf Skin) but something else.. that's why i wanted to convert 1 at time to see the flaws.) Edit 2: Do you need to delete the _ob files or simply reconverting will overwrite these? deleting those who weren't reconverted.
DavidWolf
DavidWolf's picture
A screenshot will be nice,
A screenshot will be nice, since you see this "blue" thing I can't recognize anything blue maybe a Purple color, but a Blue color nah! The Purple color is related to missing textures, did you see the buildings, npc's, etc ... ? Or you just get the screen all blue? In that case I have no idea at all, but if you see the models (Meshes) all Purple its because of the convertion, and don't you ever forget the order of the ESM's in OBMM: Oblivion.esm Morrowind_ob.esm I don't use Vista, but it may be a problem since there's a lot of issues with Vista but really dunno, I have the GOTY versions too, and I never experience any problems. This is a copy of an old PM I sent to this person that was having a lot of problems installing Morroblivion: 1-You need a working copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (plus shivering isles and all the patchs, you can find them on www.elderscrolls.com) 2-You need (at least) a working copy of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 3- You need to download the latest version of the ESP Converter (here: http://morroblivion.com/files/morroblivion/ESPConverter_v0_9...) 4- Unpack/Unrar the files in a temporary location. 5- In that directory search for a single file under the name of Morroblivion and it will open up in Notepad. 6- Check if this lines are right for your system: Morrowind=C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\ Oblivion=C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\ You will need to change that or else the ESP Converter cant know what needs to be converted and this will cause constant errors. 7- Then you need to check if this is right: Master 0=Morrowind.esm Master 1=Tribunal.esm Master 2=Bloodmoon.esm Master 3=PNOG.esm If you only have the game Morrowind alone place a ' ; ' in front of the other lines. Like this: Master 0=Morrowind.esm ;Master 1=Tribunal.esm ;Master 2=Bloodmoon.esm ;Master 3=PNOG.esm 8- The same is applied to the other lines. 9- Run the ESP_conv file and let it do his work. 10- When is done I recomend you to rebot your computer and then. 11- Open TES IV: Oblivion and go to Anvil Docks, there you will find a Redguar called 'Guard' in his topics you will find something like "Where do you go" He will tell you that he goes to Morrowind, say "Yes" whatever. 12- You'll find yourself inside a ship with this guy called Jiub in front of you, go upstair and open the gate to Seyda Neen, if everything is fine and the game doesnt crash that means you are doing fine. IMPORTANT: You need Oblivion Mod Manager for this to work properly (http://timeslip.chorrol.com/obmm_download.html) When you finish the Morroblivion installation, you need to open the Oblivion Mod Manager and load first in the list: Oblivion.esm (and then) Morrowind_ob.esm I hope that works for you, any questions Im right here. ;) Good luck, David Wolf
Garu_vm
Garu_vm's picture
u can get to morroblivion
u can get to morroblivion without those mods that f*cks our game. Just get the console and write player.coc BalmoraVSTemple
HunkyDork
HunkyDork's picture
Yellow Star and Blue Void
After talking to Guard on the dock he tells me to get on board. The problem is that there is no ship behind him but a number of big "Yellow Star" which are place holders for whatever should be there. So instead of being transported to a ship at the end of Guard dialogue, I fall into a Blue Void where a few NPCs talk or do their bit; they also are falling through a Blue Void. If I go to Balmora using the console: I get there ok but only the ground is visible along with a few NPCs and a few crates and containers, all the building are big Yellow Stars. I prepared a nice screenshot but I don't have a place to put it online and attachements don't seem possible here Counsel me if you can! Hunky Dork
vvancev
vvancev's picture
You have to put them in
You have to put them in order using OBMM. Master 0=Morrowind.esm Master 1=Tribunal.esm Master 2=Bloodmoon.esm Master 3=PNOG.esm
DavidWolf
DavidWolf's picture
Forget abut
Forget abut it: http://morroblivionfull.blogspot.com/ The best way to get it to work.