12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Credit for Resources Used In Your Mod
Sorry I did not know where else to post this, mods feel free to move the post as needed. My name is Chris and I used the name Grimdeath when I was creating mods for oblivion. I am trying to reach the authors of this mod because you guys are using resources from my mod, Lore Creature Expansion WITHOUT giving credit as is specified in the readme file. I have no hard feelings for using the files and you were probably one of the numerous people that contacted me directly asking to use the mod but I ALWAYS told people they must include the full list of names from the read me credits for the mod in order to use the resources from the mod. I had also asked that people not use the lorecreatures.esp file directly but I will ok it as long as credit is given this time because I do like the idea for this mod. Please contact me back at gundamx9740@gmail.com or via msn messenger at gundamx9740@hotmail.com. I know for a fact the .esp and what looks to be four creatures meshes/models were used (guar, cent spider, giant spider and possibly the hunger unless you took that from the expansion.) Lore Creature Expansion Mod - Mod Link http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7471 Copy of the specific readme section: wrote:
LORE CREATURE EXPANSION > Mod and Resource Pack v1.4 < Credits: Grimdeath (project head, CS construction) B3w4r3 (summon scripts) Martigen(summon script revisions) Syko Fox (writing, editing) Dwemer Spiders - Cryo_ (model / rigging), Grimdeath (texture / sounds), B3w4r3 (companion script) Frost Giant - Mdogger (model / texture), Xmarksthespot (rigging) Gargoyle - Cryonaut (model edit), Grimdeath (texture), Orix (sounds) Giant Spiders - Cryonaut (model edit / rigging), Xmarksthespot (UVmapping), Grimeath (texture), Renzeekin (Tropical Skin) Golden Saint - Cryo_ (head model), Xmarksthespot (Armor edits), Grimdeath (textures / sounds) Guar - Mdogger (model / texture), Xmarksthespot (rigging), Grimdeath (variation textures / sounds) Herne - Cryonaut (model edits), Grimdeath (textures), Orix (sounds) Hunger - Mdogger (model), Xmarksthespot (rigging), Grimdeath (textures / sounds) Morphoid - Cryonaut (model edits), Grimdeath (textures), Grimdeath (sounds) Pahmar - Cryo_ (model edits / armor textures), Grimdeath (creature textures) Werecroc - Cryonaut (model edits), Xmarksthespot (updated rigging), Grimdeath (textures), Grimenir (quest and morphing script) -------------------------------------- Conditions for Resource Pack Users If you are interested in incorporating our resources into your mod, there are a few things I ask out of respect: -You must include the list of contributing members of modders (found at the top of the page) in your mod's readme or wherever your description and credits of the mod are posted. -Please do not modify and/or cut and use anything directly out of the main .esp mod, you are welcome to look at how we built everything, but I ask that you do the work yourself. -You must use unique named directories of all the creatures you use to ensure our mods do not overwrite each other and to help avoid problems if users delete only one of the two mods. Of course you're welcome to do anything you like if it's only for your personal use. If you have a good, honest reason why you would want to use the mod that would go against any of the items on the list, please PM or email me (check the Contact section on how to reach me) and we'll see what we can work out. I'm an easy going guy, I promise!
Edited by: Anonymous (not verified) on 07/30/2008 - 10:43
Savant
Savant's picture
This site is really just one
This site is really just one of a couple english sites devoted to modding the output of a french program. The use of modded content is actually hardcoded in that program, which means we modders (rather unfortunately) don't have a say in what modded content is packaged, or how it's credited for that matter. To answer the question, the only person you could talk to is Galadrielle, who works on the program itself. He can be reached on the program's official thread on Wiwiland, a French modding site: http://forum.wiwiland.net/index.php?showtopic=39859 He can also be reached privately: galadrielle.wiwiland@free.fr PM might work better, as I'd say he understands English better than google translator. However, its been sometime since he's given feedback. I'm personally guessing he's put the program on the backburner. I really hope this issue can be patched up. Morrowind isn't really morrowind without the guars. :(
grimdeath (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
thanks for the response,
thanks for the response, however there is no such thing as a hardcoded mod, at any point you can easily extract it, update the readme and then repackage it. The only way you would have no control is if it was hosted on a site you didnt have access to the source file. Since this site is part of the mod I couldnt imagine you guys having zero contact with the author but I will continue to try to contact Galadrielle. this is why its a good idea to make sure you dot all your I's and cross all your T's before putting stuff out.
Tarythiel
Tarythiel's picture
not to burst your
not to burst your thoughts... and not to start a flaming war... this isn't a normal mod and it can't really be extracted outta this... I don't see anything to do with your mod in my mod list ... as far as i know i don't use that mod... so if it is in fact included that would mean it was extracted or replaced or moved around by the converter program... which i have no idea how to play with alter or change in any shape or form... and if you have that mod in the converter somewhere it might count on those files when it runs so just removing them would prolly stop the conversion due to error. Now i may be reading it wrong but as far as i know since this was just posted and i got the converter a bit ago. i should have this mod in my converter. i don't see it. I understand your concern since i make many models and enjoy making mods myself though most i don't consider good enough to release. i don't like my "intelectual property" as the law puts it i believe "stolen". So if i misunderstood this please clarify. as for us being connected directly to the creator that doesn't make a lot of sense... we may be part of the mod deal but the main program and development is on a french site we are as Savant said one of the Many english sites dedicated to the program. That doesn't mean we have instant access to the creators... infact the guy doing the news and stuff? is a guy named zack not Galadrielle. again Savant if i am wrong please correct me. but don't get mad and leave unhappy posts at places where we can't do much about it... Savant tried to give you help and you say its unbelieveable and everything like we are incapable... i may not be completely literate in the operation the program or anything but i do know that you should word your posts more thoughtfully in the future. The gist, be nicer... people are more willing to help. Tarythiel ~
grimdeath (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
like ive already said I am
like ive already said I am in process of contacting Galadrielle, I am just uncertain what the point of having a whole website dedicated to a mod if no one here can provide much support or actually has any power over the mod itself, just find that to be an odd situation. why not just link to a french website or load the mod on TESnexus?? I only posted here because this is the site linked directly form the Kotaku.com story link. I am not upset with anyone directly, I simply want what should have been done from the start, proper credit given to the guys that spent their time creating the resources used in this mod. I am still uncertain what you mean by being unable to edit anything within the mod. The files I am talking about are located on your server: http://morroblivion.com/download click "download morroblivion latest" When you extract that file using 7zip you can browse the files and notice that the file call "lorecreature.esp" has been used (against the conditions of the read me above) and if you browse into the meshes or textures file you can find those 4 creatures files I listed above that are from my mod. yet the only read me with acknowledgment credits Cryo (one of the contributed members of LCE) with one of his armor mods and a few others. I could even make the change FOR YOU and send you the updated 7zip file if it came to that, the files are simply stored within the 7zip file, not within the custom made converter program, though if any credits are listed there they should obviously be edited as well. your site also features images on this very site of the guar from LCE: http://morroblivion.com/screenshots/chitin-soldiers-and-a-guar http://morroblivion.com/screenshots/guar I suppose you have no control over your own site and files stored on your very server? it's pretty easy to find the resources I am talking about here so you could at least treat me with the respect of acknowledging that there has been some wrong doing here...ive pointed out the bad files and the conditions from the mod that indicate what is requested of people using the resources...after all I could be one of those people that never allowed anyone to use their mod's resources right? But instead im here telling you guys good job but please give credit where credit is due. Pretty reasonable right? I am frustrated but not angry or upset by any means.
Tarythiel
Tarythiel's picture
well it isn't my site in
well it isn't my site in itself. as for the files if its in the converter its as i said used by the converter and is not seen by the normal user. I apologize if i came off as harsh but your previous posts were kinda mean sounding. Savant was only trying to help. As for having no control over our own site? well as said it isn't mine but yes we host the files but we don't make the files. we are no different then tes nexus except we cater to only one mod... but none of the mods on tes nexus are any more tes nexus' mods then morroblivion is ours. We are a support forum nothing more from what i gather anyways. Yes you are trying to contract Galadrielle which is the person who could actually do something. cause even if WE changed the readmes or anything we aren't the Main source of the file and therefore you would only be fixing a very small amount of the problem. and i didn't disrespect you. i would've done something if i could. i am a lowly forum poster trying to help who was unhappy with the attitude your using towards this forum community. seriously no disrespect was meant. just don't be mean or unhappy or forceful or whatever the word i am looking for towards people who can't do much. Tarythiel ~
grimdeath (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
alright, well this post was
alright, well this post was geared towards the author of the mod and the owner of the site so while your guys help was appreciate it is a shame that the owners of the site havent stepped up or responded to my post here or emails sent to either side (this site and Galadrielle), I will keep looking over the next couple days for a response. I do not understand if you are actually part of the team responsible for this site or just work as a forum moderator? If you have contact with whoever owns the site I recommend you send them my way because like I said this was directed towards them in the first place. Its hard to think of anyone that would be in a cheery mood if they found out their work was being used without credit, but I feel ive done a reasonable job here ;) I understand your point of "being nicer" which is normally how I am, even posted that on the read me "I'm an easy going guy, I promise!". I just dont want any of this falling by the waistside until everything has been resolved. The fact that other modders received credit shows me that this was more then likely just an accident or oversight so I know it can be fixed quickly once the proper people are notified.
grimdeath (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Galadrielle repied, he/she
Galadrielle repied, he/she are going to be updating the mod, be sure and contact him/her as soon as possible to receive your updated copy for your site. Thanks again.
Tarythiel
Tarythiel's picture
No problem glad it got
No problem glad it got resolved. sorry it was a trouble in the first place. I understand as i said before your anger since i myself do alot of stuff and i would be mad if it was ever just taken. but as you said it prolly was just an oversight. Don't be affraid to come back if you wish, not sure if your still in the modding scene but it could always be enlarged. Thanks for the tip on the update. Sorry for the misunderstandings! Tarythiel ~
Savant
Savant's picture
*sigh of relief*Alright,
*sigh of relief* Alright, some clarification for my previous post - this mod CAN indeed be edited to remove resources. To alter the download, I would have contacted Zack - the head of this particular site. However, contacting the author as you did makes it alot easier for both of us. The program this community relies on is a C application written by Galadrielle, who prefers to keep this project closed source, at least for the time being (believe me, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first guy to ask for open source). The references to your meshes in the program are in the C code, itself, which is why simply removing the content wouldn't be satisfactory to us - the references would still be in the code, causing missing meshes. It's also why I said the resources were "hardcoded," which indeed isn't possible in mods as you know it. As for you, it wouldn't have been satisfactory simply because this is just one of several sites that host it. But as those sites get it from the same source, taking the issue to the source saves alot of time. Also, I think I've spotted what caused the confusion - the Kotaku article falsely states this site is official. I've posted a comment, though being as I just registered, it might take a while to display.
grimdeath (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Galadrielle said the same
Galadrielle said the same thing, he does not manage all the mirrors which will obviously make it nearly impossible to get a "full" update to all mirrors. But contact him and he can provide you with the new copy now. I told him to contact you but either way...If you guys are familiar with any of the other mirrors please let those uploaders know if you can that there's a slightly new version of the mod with these changes. Id appreciate it, thanks!
Zach
Zach's picture
grimdeath: I'll update the
grimdeath: I'll update the zip file on this site's Readme to include credit where it is due. -Zach