Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
meshes and textures after object replacer 15112
If somebody got any problems like giant exclamation marks write here
gleb (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
i have problem with long or
i have problem with long or steel bow from morrowind now its big exclamation mark (no texture) can somebody help me
gleb (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
object replacer
it changes clothing, weapons and other textures from oblivion like arrows, bows, walls etc if somebody wants to download its right here
Terranigma (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
The exclaimation marks mean
The exclaimation marks mean a missing mesh usually. Possibly it installed wrong and you should do it a couple more times if that doesn't work then it is possibly something wrong with the source on nexus. I have not installed the mod so I cannot test it atm
Savant
Savant's picture
The only missing meshes you
The only missing meshes you can possibly get from Object Replacer are for the objects whose meshes I replaced. I believe this is just limited to containers in the current version. You could also get missing textures (i.e meshes that appear pink) with Object Replacer, though I'm pretty sure I've squashed all these bugs. Keep posting, though. I'm always looking for a way to improve the mod (during summer, at least :) ).
gleb (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
converter
2 Savant ok sure i will put some images and how did you make the ini files for convetrer? because i opened the file i saw codes like i used to type in console( i'm not a cheater!) they were the same. The question is how to change morrowind bows to oblivion and arrows too because they look weird. i have too days off tuesday and wednesday we'll make this converter work great!
Savant
Savant's picture
I modified the inis just
I modified the inis just with notepad. For each line, just enter the editorID of the item as it appears in morrowind, followed by a "=" (no spaces) and the formID of the object you'd like to replace it with as it appears in Oblivion. After that part of the line, you can specify things like translation and rotation, and whether the item in Oblivion should be a tree, animation, or visible when distant. There's some info about syntax in the readme. If the google translation isn't too clear I can write up real quick an english translation that might be more clear.
gleb (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
is it possible to get FormID
is it possible to get FormID from mods? like elven weaponry? if yes we can change morrowind weapons into modded! i'm working now on throwing stars and morrowind arrows because you can't use them you cannot throw throwing stars thy work like knives :)
Savant
Savant's picture
Nope
Sadly, no - that was one of the first things I tried. Even if the converter could replace things with modded items, the IDs for mods change based on load order, and the inis would be hard to distribute. However, in certain situations you can replace the meshes of morrowind items with meshes from oblivion mods. After you convert, just replace the .nif file of the morrowind mesh with the .nif file of the modded mesh (make sure to give the modded mesh the same name, file path, etc.). Von Djangos did two entire mods doing just this, seen here: http://www.grwn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=148 http://www.grwn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=153 This might not work with arrows, as the converter simply converts them as weapons, not ammo. I could probably make an update that would convert morrowind arrows myself, but no promises.