6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Problem Converting the file
Hi, I am new to Moorobilibion. I downloaded the converter last night for the first time. It is the current version from this site, and I followed the readme instructions carefully. I am using the U. S. English versions of the games and I have the most up to date patches available for both games. I modified the morroblivion.ini file to read as follows: Master 0=Morrowind.esm Master 1=Tribunal.esm Master 2=Bloodmoon.esm ;Master 3=PNOG.esm Archive 0=Morrowind.bsa Archive 1=Tribunal.bsa Archive 2=Bloodmoon.bsa ;Archive 3=PNOG.bsa Everything else has been left the same on in the file. Next, I ran the esp converter as the readme file directed me to do. I ended up with an error and the converter shut down without creating any new files. The last line reads: can't create c:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Morrowind_ob.cnv! Then the file asks me to press enter and the console application closes leaving me back where I started. I am running windows Vista Premuim Edition on my computer if that has anything to do with it. Does anyone know what is causing this to happen or an action that I can take to fix it.?? I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas. Tim
Shadowhwk (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
I'm having the same exact
I'm having the same exact problem, actually...
akatosh2246 (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
me to
Yeah Me to, i dont have a clue how to fix it...someone please help
P1E GUY (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
I had that problem and I
I had that problem and I fixed it just by doing it over and over again :P now someone just needs to tell me where I can get that patch for the map! without doing that whole stupid process from rapidshare
Shadowhwk (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Awesome. Thanks. i'll give
Awesome. Thanks. i'll give that a try. Nope, nothin' still.
darkrangeresp (not verified)
Anonymous's picture
Hi all, I had the problem a
Hi all, I had the problem a few weeks ago, and I managed to fix it recently. The trick is that you need adminastrative priviges to create new files in the program files directory on a windows vista computer. The following will correct the problem. Right click on the esp coverter file before you run it for the first time. Click on the campatability tab. Choose to run the program under the windows xp service pack 2 and click the little box that reads 'run this program as an adminadstrator'. This will solve the problem and the converter should run without problems. Follow the directions in the readme file from there and you will be in morrowind in no time.