Pages

388 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anruin
Anruin's picture
Hey, Clint. You dunnit huh?

Hey, Clint. You dunnit huh? :D Good news, but I would be more glad to hear that Morrowind has been converted. Anyway. Guys, if you need to fix something about conversion, fix the source code, not just pick the ini file. You must debug the Chuvakin with your problem file being converted. Chuvakin has some memory leaks around chunks conversion, but it still consumes a much less memory that the second converter (that was made by our team too). Also new converter is able to convert landscape with textures but it has some problems with lanscape coloring and normals. Decide what to use by yourselves. Also I have no sources for that new converter.

About Chuvakin: You can fix those memory leaks using std::auto_ptr instead of common pointers for chunks (or boost::shared_ptr). You can write code for textures conversion if you need it. It is not too hard to do. We were trying to make the code as much easy to understand because I decided to make it open-source. But we had no time to rewrite all the code and leave comments everywhere (that's because I haven't finished it, leaving just 0.94). But if you want you can easily understand main conversion cycle and its general principles. It's framework is quite useful and extendable. Feel free to edit and debug it.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thank! for the info

Thank! for the info Aruin!,Normals and colouring can be sorted after we get the landscape to load in the CK,but Clint has converted a new master esm I think.

damiajnx
damiajnx's picture
not sure where to post this

how much do we need to change the original assets till they are no longer the originals, I mean with Unique Landscapes, Better Cities, Shipping in cyrodil and maybe some more, plus texture and mesh replacements is it really still the same assets?

I mean if we are not recycling thier npcs and stories /  quests and if the landscapes and maps have changed dramaticly will  they still be upset with us distributing our assets (assuming we have the modder's permisions) or at least a converter that requires a copy of oblivion and morrowind?

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
I read somewhere that even if

I read somewhere that even if you change the assets, if any part were from a different game it still counts as  being from that game. But if you refering to bethsda getting on our case about the convertor... well there's a reason why  MorrObilvionRim isn't on steam or the nexus. bethsda dosn't own all the assets from other games so they can't let us convert thing from 1 game to another(they would get sued). so this website is underground. But I mean bethesda knows we exist so... I guess because you must own Morrowind to have MorrOblivion they don't really care. Also were Gonna try to replicate Morrowind in skyrim. As for plugins and masters made by modders I don't think it really matters if it's exatly the same, but you must have the modders permission.

Edit: p.s. clint can you pm me the new convertor and/or the converted Oblivion esm when you get the chance.

damiajnx
damiajnx's picture
Thanks

ta, what about distributing mods intended to be used with the converted morrowind and oblivion?

SupremeEpicness
I guess if you made them

I guess if you made them yourself you should have any problem. but to be safe just release them here. anyway that a long way off, we still need to get the convertor working with morrowind.

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Question:Why are all the

Question:

Why are all the trees the same, can we not simply give the correct / original tree ID’s to them ?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
I'm pretty sure that they all

I'm pretty sure that they all have unique id's.  It is just that the .nif converter doesn't yet support automatic .spt to .nif conversion.  So all trees are given the same Skyrim model, which we can replace at our leisure with whatever model we want.

Definitely better than red error markers anyway.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
Yeah but now I need to change

Yeah, but now I need to change all 200 trees back to there origional model pointer by hand if I want the origional trees to show up, which is not efficient.

I know .SPT ( SpeedTree ) files are not supported but just replace .SPT for .NIF in the file pointer, its that simple.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, at least it is better

Well, at least it is better than creating base objects and hand placing them.  I think Anruin said that he is done adding to the converter for now, so if we wanted to change that we would have to do it ourselves, and we couldn't even do that because we don't have the source code for the new converter yet.

Edit:

Well, that is great news that you at least kind of know how to convert trees.  Hopefully Macorn will respond and do that for us, but if not, then we at least have a backup.  Just out of curiosity, what exactly is wrong with your converted trees?

Edit2:

That doesn't look bad at all, though I'm no expert.  Do they look weird ingame after they are textured?

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
Post on tree conversion moved

Post on tree conversion moved to a separate tree section, see new topic.
http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2617

Clint
Clint's picture
v0.95 released

Main post updated. New converter released. I was unable to get the Visual Studio project/solution file, but I was able to get the main c++ file if that will help. I hope that will help us get Morroskyrim/Skywind converted.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
Thanks for posting the v095

Thanks for posting v095 of the converter.

The v095 converter seems to look and work completely different from the previous v094 version of the converter.

v095 does convert Oblivion but not Morroblivion, as announced before its release, I would really like to investigate why this happens but without the full source I can’t run debug on this.

RammS
RammS's picture
Clint, thank you for the new

Clint, thank you for the new converter!

However))) In the main_config file I found "Morrowind_ob.esp" is set by default))) and it's may be strange for other people)))

SupremeEpicness
Just A quick question. Seeing

Just A quick question. Seeing as alot of asset are still bugged I was wondering is it possible to skip these assets.( I don't see a skip list like the last version

Clint
Clint's picture
Skipping Forms
I think the converter handles which forms to skip automatically. So I don't know if you can manually skip forms now. But I don't know for certain.
eloth
eloth's picture
got the converter working,

got the converter working, loads up in ck with some warnings, but no crash :)

Finally landtextures are working :)

But how can i make the converted morrowind esp(esm) dependant on skyrim.esm so

that it doesnt crash ingame?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
well the new version of wyre

well the new version of wyre bash supports skyrim, so couldn't you just add a master to it with that?

Clint
Clint's picture
Eloth! Thank you good sir!
Eloth! Thank you good sir! Hmmm...well what did everyone do to get Oblivion_sk.esm to work on game?
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
This is really great Clint,I

This is really great Clint,I ran the converter on Oblivion.esm and it went through with no errors,just a few missing textures,but nothing bad.

The best part for me was when I could load Skyrim.esm and Oblivion_sk.esm into the CK together ,then  save out an esp for working with,and now I can just tick the esp in the launcher and load any save,and coc/cow back and forth.:)

But my Oblivion_sk.esp now has 2 masters [Oblivion_sk.esm and Skyrim.esm],is that ok.?

It gets even better because the view distances etc that I have in my Skyrim.ini still work in the Tamriel world.:)

I can see right across the waterfront with the IC in the background,no LOD files installed.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
eloth,Open your CK and tick

eloth,

Open your CK and tick and load Skyrim.esm.

After it loads leave it ticked and tick Oblivion_sk.esm.

The CK should then reload Skyrim.esm and then Oblivion_sk.esm.

When [if] it makes it through,just save out an esp naming it Oblivion_sk.esp.

Now start your skyrim launcher and make sure that only Oblivion_sk.esp is ticked,do not tick the esm.

Now you should be able to just run anything you wish.

You will now have an esp that is dependent on Oblivion_sk.esm and Skyrim.esm.

Hope it works for you.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
You should be able to do the

You should be able to do the same as my last post eloth,but just use the morroskyrim.esm instead.

eloth
eloth's picture
nope, that only creates a 1kb

edit: got it to work

Clint
Clint's picture
Could you post that up or
Great work Eloth! Could you post that up or send it to me?
SupremeEpicness
Nice work eloth, can you sent

Nice work eloth, can you sent me a link too.

Ormin
Ormin's picture
Contributor
Guys from Chuvakin

Guys from Chuvakin v095,

where can i find ,,mydef.h" which is included in that 095 converter? I can't track it and compiling it without it gives me errors about ,,Str" and ,,HashMap" .. i guess something is missing around there.'

Tnx!

Caravetta
Caravetta's picture
I Know C++

If you are still looking for someone that knows c++ i am willing to help in my free time just message me if you still need help.

Clint
Clint's picture
Caravetta, I don't think we

Caravetta, I don't think we need a programmer anymore, I think it's all manual work from here. The programmer who coded Chuvakin 0.95 hasn't gotten back with Anruin, so yeah, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon.

BUT, if you're really good at C++ you could still work on the converter.

Caravetta
Caravetta's picture
work on the converter

Yeah I am willing to try to help with converter.

Clint
Clint's picture
All right, let me see if I

All right, let me see if I can get the code from Anruin.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Heh, maybe if you fix up the

Heh, maybe if you fix up the tool a bit we can have more npc stuff filled out for us. If you fix doors leading to buildings and such, Sorrow will cry. xD But at least Oblivion's doors will work =p

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
I'm here to help too, what's

I'm here to help too, what's the status of the converter tool? Has anyone obtained the latest code and need some help? Just let me know

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/d

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/download/75026 I'm quite sure this is the latest source code. The converter isn't bad, it's just far from completion.

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Hey - does anyone have

Hey - does anyone have another link to download TESsnip tool for Skyrim?
It's not available at the site anymore.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
DONT USE TES5SNIP!

DONT USE TES5SNIP! NEVER!

tes5edit always for u.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
necrooooooooooooo

necrooooooooooooo

Eldroth
Eldroth's picture
Hello, I have DL the
Hello, I have DL the converter, would like to place a mod "a shop" in the world, it's Goth Shop from AlienSlof. In Morroblivion I have achieved to do that because we were able to place the mods in the list before lauching the programm "I speak about the early version done by Galadrielle". I have Oblivion and Morroblivion and Skyim, so the question is : what are the steps "including the place I should put the converter" to do to add this mod or to convert an outfit/armor from Oblivion's folders ? I have been able to convert lots of stuff with the nif convertor of Morroblivion, so I really would like to do that with yours. Thanxxx per advance.

Pages