Last post
Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
Sjors Boomschors wrote: I see

Sjors Boomschors wrote:

I see someone got the brilliant idea to throw the unfinished .ESM / .ESP Chuvakin v094 converter on the TESNEXUS fire. That warning that was included is not even funny, yeah let’s warn others for stuff where doing ourselves. Good thinking !

EDIT:
I would like the to request the removal of all my posted coments on the Morroblivion Forum.

:O

I'm terribly confused by what just happened, is this for real?

Clint
Clint's picture
Converter

SB, I uploaded the converter per Anruin's request, and the converter has always been open source.

Yup, we are illegal buddy if you didn't get that already. Why do you think Morroblivion is not on any other site? 

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
Clint wrote:Yup, we are

Clint wrote:

Yup, we are illegal buddy if you didn't get that already. Why do you think Morroblivion is not on any other site? 

Mmmh, would seem odd if he didn't know that already, it's mentioned kinda everywhere you look.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
S.B.It is not like the police

S.B.

It is not like the police are going to come kicking down our doors.  The absolute worst that could happen would be that it gets removed from the Nexus in a few weeks.  Best case scenario is that we get some good modders to help complete the converter.  I'm not sure what you are getting upset about.  It is not our converter, and Anruin has the right to do whatever he wants with it.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
C'mon, the only way someone

C'mon, the only way someone is going to find it on Skyrimnexus is when he goes to search the word "converter", it's not like many people will see it and nobody is going to complain about it. It's just a tool, that is not specifically made for converting Morrowind to Skyrim but for converting Oblivion mods to Skyrim, there is nothing wrong with that. Like Anruin said on there, don't use this tool to convert stuff you shouldn't that's not why it's posted here.

Clint
Clint's picture
WTF man

Sjors Boomschors wrote:

I think we all know that, that’s why stuff like this should stay on this side of the line. You simply don’t advertise tor trouble.

Nor are we. You know this converter was made for converting ALL Oblivion plugins right? It's not just for our use. The converter was made for the whole community to benefit. The converter was originally built to convert Andoran over to Skyrim's engine, and then release it so others could convert their mods over to Skyrim as well.

And this is Anruin and Andoran's converter by the way, NOT ours! He wanted to release it so others could use it and develop it, that's what open source means.

We're just borrowing it.

And we are staying on our side of the line, by telling people NOT to talk about Oblivion/Morrowind conversion on tesnexus, which is what Thermador says in the FAQ.

I'm a moderator by the way. Do you want to take back your rash comment, or do you want to me to oblige you?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
What trouble?  There is an

What trouble?  There is an exactly 0% chance that anything negative will happen to the forums because of this.

Listen, I don't care about any other arguments that you could put out.  The bottom line is that this converter is not ours, it is Anruin's.  He has the right to do whatever he wants with it, and he simply was kind enough to let us have a go at it first.  If he wants it on the Nexus then so be it.

I hope I don't sound to harsh but what I have written is the truth.  Let's just stop this conversation now before it turns into some kind of war.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Clint
Clint's picture
Removal

I'm not going to be a hothead and make a decision when I'm pissed off. 

I'll leave that up to Thermador.

EDIT: Yes, I just said I UPLOADED it as Anruin requested. Why didn't he? I don't know, why don't you go ask him?

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
To be honest I don't really

To be honest I don't really get why he came here in the first place if he's afraid that something bad will happen, it's not like something bad is going to happen. I regret he feels that way about this magnifficent project and I hope he will be happy now he hasn't got anything to do with it anymore. I hope he never downloads it because that really wouldn't make any sense.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
S.B.It will be a real shame

S.B.

It will be a real shame if you leave.  I have always loved your computer generated dialogue.  Just so you know, if you do really end up leaving, I tried the dialogue export several times with no success, and got a crash every time.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Agreed, it's a shame to see

Agreed, it's a shame to see you leave. :( 

Also, I do see where S.B. is coming from. That's why I don't use my usual handle here. ;)

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
I came in late. What did S.b.

I came in late. What did S.b. post Why is he leaving. The only One of his comments I saw was the one about him saying "remove all my Comments". It would be be horrible if S.b. left. :(

Anyway I was wondering can you convert the main world space from Oblivion to Skyrim( Plan to use it for personal use, not for a mod). I tried and it didn't work. Cyrodiil is my favorite Province and skyrim is my favorite game. So I wanted to convert the world spaces. I'm gonna try somthing else to see if it will convert(Something Drastic).

Anruin
Anruin's picture
I requested to upload it.

I requested to upload it. Right. Just because I wanted it to be useful and because I had no time to compile it again, upload to Nexus, undestanding how the Nexus posting works itself.

Damn, S.B. is the panic man O_o! it seems like noone knew that you guys are existed. What would happen with S.B. in the day of MorroSkyrim release? I agreed with Winterdragon. Also I don't know anything about S.B. but it seems that he's school boy or he lives in country with very strict laws, like the "death for a piracy".

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Don't worry Anruin, you had

Don't worry Anruin, you had every right to upload your program through whatever means you felt necessary.  Nothing wrong with getting your hard work out there for everyone to enjoy. :)

SupremeEpicness:

S.B's post is quoted in the next post by Winterdragon.  He was basically furious that the converter was uploaded to the Nexus.  While, like Mooncat, I kind of got where he was coming from, I think he went a bit overboard with his responses.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
For sure. I get where he's

For sure. I get where he's coming from, but I think it would be a shame to keep this tool from the community. I also agree with Anruin that it should be shared. :)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
The converter readme files

The converter readme files and other text,state that it is ok to use it as lomg as you are ready to take full responcibilty for how you use it.

That means that the converter [Thanks! Anruin,:)] is quite legal and can be put anywhere that the authors wish.

I want to be able to play morroblivion and maybe oblivion in the skyrim engine so it is all cool from my seat.

SB,

Surely that when you joined the morroblivion site,you knew that even morroblivion is not blessed by Beth.?

Even the very first converter [by Gabriella[can never spell that name]] was kind of underground.?

Sorry to see you go though SB,you really put some good work into this project.

Anruin
Anruin's picture
Galadriele as far as I know

Galadriele as far as I know :) Not Gabriella.

SupremeEpicness
I tried converting the

I tried converting the oblivion land mass into skyrim(because I wanted to run through Cyrodiil on skyrims engine) but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a fix or do I have to delete all BOOKs in the game.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Just add BOOK to the list of

Just add BOOK to the list of forms skipped in the .ini file that came with Chuvakin.

SupremeEpicness
It still just create a 1KB

I changed the ini file so the file in is Oblivion.esm. It still freezes mid way through though.At around 18/241 MG. So I wasn't really able to test it at all. Is there a way to fix this issue. 

Clint
Clint's picture
Converted Oblivion Esm
You might need to skip some more forms until it finally converts Oblivion.esm. I can't remember if it was the Morroskyrim Master File thread or Morroskyrim Nifs thread, but in one of them I thought Ironman uploaded a converted Oblivion.esm? Might want to pm Ironman about that. I can't remember if it loaded up in the CK or in game though.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I have given a link

I have given a link to SupremeEpicness to a zipped up archive that contains all of the Chuvakin fires needed to do a covertion.

I can get it to convert to an oblivion_sk.esm that is 277MBs in size,but having trouble getting it into the CK.

Have not tried V0.94 yet though,I used v0.93.

I only skip BOOK, WRLD and NPC_.

Here is the link,but will take the file down in a few days as I don`t want to leave it there too long.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9d9tio2q8e23ejq

SupremeEpicness
I've tested Ironman's

I've tested Ironman's settings on chuvankin version 94 it works but still doesn't convert the world space or books.  so I'll wait for the next version to come out so I can run through my favorite province(Cyrodiil) in Skyrim. Anyway I read somewhere that clint was testing a new version of the convertor so... I guess the new version might speed up morrowind's coversion into skyrim.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Will try converting the

Will try converting the oblivion.esm again later,as I think that it gets changed a bit when shivering Isles is installed.

So maybe it might convert the original non shivering isles version,if so then converting the SIs esp alone might work better.?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
You really shouldn't skip

You really shouldn't skip WRLD.  Unless of course you want the .esm to be useless with nowhere for your character to visit. :)

I'd start with the default Chuvakin settings, and then slowly add forms one by one.  All of the ones skipped by default are the ones that the converter cannot convert at all.  If the converter doesn't make it all the way through then there is simply something that isn't converting correctly in another form, and that needs to be skipped as well.  Just root out all of the problem forms, add them to the .ini, and you have a new mostly converted Oblivion.esm that should load in the CK.

SupremeEpicness
@Shadow

What I said is that, as soon as I add "WRLD" to the skip list it works but when "WRLD" isn't part of the list I locks up at around 20 Mb. So it doesn't Covert The world space Correctly. Everything else is fine. but as I said before the convertor just doesn't convert the main Oblivion esm yet (at least not for me).

P.s. it also doesn't run it the creation kit

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
In the default ini file lots

In the default ini file lots of the skipped Forms and Groups are listed more than once.

I removed the duplicated ones to leave just the forms and groups that you say can`t be converted and it just does not work,or just stops on BOOK.

I know this sounds wierd,but if I only leave NPC_, and BOOK in the forms and groups to be skipped,it works,but then stops on WRLD.

So I then added WRLD to be skipped too,big finished file but like you say Shadow,nowhere to go.

So the question is,how do I get it to go the distance when WRLD is not skipped.?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Ah, okay.  Sorry guys, I

Ah, okay.  Sorry guys, I guess I didn't quite understand what you were saying.

I just tried converting the Oblivion.esm and had the same symptoms.  It crashed at WRLD, about 24 MB.

Perhaps it does have something to do with SI as Ironman suggested.  If anyone has and Oblivion.esm that is not patched with SI, then we should probably test that.  Unfortunately, if that method works then we will be stuck, unable to convert SI.  Better than nothing I guess.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I am not sure how or why SIs

I am not sure how or why SIs patches the esm,but it showed as being updated when I installed SIs,but as SIs is an esp,no esm,it might be able to be converted alone,as it will be dependent on skyrim.esm and not oblivion.esm after it`s converted.?

Will give it a try later,but I will need to install another instance of oblivion to get the original esm.

It also has it`s own .bsa files so we can still use the meshes/textures etc if we need them,but that all rests on wether I [we] can get the SIs esp and the original oblivion.esm converted.

SupremeEpicness
I'm reinstalling Oblivion

I'm reinstalling Oblivion now. I'll get back to you if it works

Edit: still didn't work for me. I guess we'll have to wait for a newer version of the convertor to come out. it Froze At exactly 22,528 kb. I used Ironman's settings on version 94

Anruin
Anruin's picture
Hey guys. I tested converter

Hey guys. I tested converter both on Andoran and Oblivion.esm, and it worked in both cases. But as you all said it hangs on one of the BOOKs in the Oblivion.esm, so I had to skip all the BOOKs. Produced Andoran.esp for Skyrim have been loaded into CK successfully, but it took very long time to load it and CK consumped more than 2 GB of RAM (this is maximum allowed for Win32 application). I tried to load converted Oblivion data file too, but it took much more time than Andoran, so I just terminated the CK's process and deleted that converted Oblivion data file (we don't need it for Andoran development, it was only test). If you want to load both Skyrim.esm (it alone needs about 1.5 GB of RAM) and converted Oblivion, you need that CK could use 64-bit adresses and more than 2 GB of memory. Or try to wait for some hours while it will load. Once we worked on TES4 addon, Skyrim and it was about 90 mb in size. And it took about 40-60 minutes to load it into CS both with Oblivion.esm. Here you have Skyrim.esm with 250> mb and converted Oblivion with 200> mb. You can also remove dependency of Skyrim master from converted Oblivion file and try to load it alone, you can do it slightly editing sources or editing the converted file in any hex-editor.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
One question Anruin.Why is it

One question Anruin.

Why is it working for you without skipping WRLD forms.?

It will not complete for us if we do not skip WRLD.

SupremeEpicness
ironman12345 wrote:One

ironman12345 wrote:

One question Anruin.

Why is it working for you without skipping WRLD forms.?

It will not complete for us if we do not skip WRLD.

That just gave me another crazy idea. (NOT delete all books in the Oblivion esm this time.)

Edit: Still didn't work this time it stoped at 22,155 (not 22,528 like before) 

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Do you mean try without

Do you mean try without skipping BOOKS Supreme.?

There is another way.

Change oblivion.esm to an esp using TES4Gecko then delete all the books and other things not needed in the CS and save.

Then convert it back to an esm and try again.?

BTW,I have lost my v.094 of the converter,is there a link to it.?

SupremeEpicness
here's a link :

here's a link :  http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19135

Also if you can get it to convert the world space can you give me a link or tell me how you did it, because every thing I've tried has failed.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! for the link.I will

Thanks! for the link.:)

I will keep in touch,if I get it sorted,but that WRLD form/group is a bit of a pain.

But Anruin is doing it,so it can be done somehow I quess.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Supreme,Progress so far.I

Supreme,

Progress so far.

I have got it to finish without skipping BOOK in forms or groups.:)

Skipped NPC_,but proberly fix that later.

Skipped WRLD in forms but not in groups,but getting there.

File size 202MB.

But I used my original setup,leaving the ini in the Chuvakin folder,not moved to desktop,and replaced the chuvakin.exe v093 with the Chuvakin_r.exe v094 but had to rename it to chuvakin.exe otherwise it did not work.

Will report back if I get the WRLD converted,I think that it might be done already,but need to get it into the CK to make sure.

SupremeEpicness
@ironman

Sounds Great I'm still trying to get my version to load in the Creation kit

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Yeah! I have the same

Yeah! I have the same problem,my 202MB file is given a MS error at 63% into loading in the CK,then I have to close the CK.:(

Anruin is doing it.?But we don`t know how.

SupremeEpicness
I want to test something but

I want to test something but I need a list of all forms in the game. I'll try skipping everything but WRLD and then test other combonatios untill I find a fix.(may take a long time).

Edit: I've tested many new settings so no luck on converting the world space. but I'll keep trying. If that Doesn't work I'll p.m. Anruin

Anruin
Anruin's picture
Look, guys. I can't help you

Look, guys. I can't help you with converting Oblivion, because I don't want get in any legal trouble. But. Try to debug sources with file that you need to convert using visual studio. VC++ express 2010 will fit right in. If it don't, you can also try VC++ 2012, it's free while it's beta.

SupremeEpicness
I tested some new settings.

I tested some new settings. this time in converts all interiors but no exteriors :sad:

I'll keep trying to find an exterior fix. It also load in the creation kit (Almost) fine. it just has a couple of bug when loading up(The bug all have different anwsers. and if you anwser them wrong to Creation kit will just freeze.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I think I know why we can`t

I think I know why we can`t convert the WRLD properly,but might be wrong about this.

When I load oblivion.esm into the CS there are lots of worlds,not just one,like there is Anvil wrld and wrlds for the other citys etc.

And by trying to just convert WRLD,the converter could need info on each wrld during the convertion run.?

If so the source code is going to need a lot of tweaking before we can get the complete world[s] done,also the world of oblivion [inside the gates] and also SIs are separate worlds.Great for oblivion,but bad for us.

I think it would be like trying to get firemoth island into morroblivon,it is a stand alone world like some of the world spaces in oblivion.?

But if my thinking is correct [proberly not],maybe if I try converting each wrld separately by using the CS to produce a separate esp that only contain each world,then convert them,they might convert,but combining the converted esp files into one esm later might be a problem as we don`t have TES5 tools yet to do it,or do we.?

SupremeEpicness
I'm pretty sure

I'm there is a tool that can combine esp files. I believe it's called TESVSnip. I found a tutorial on the Nexus: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10208

So now we need to edit the source code. Man, where to get stated? I'll see if I can figure out how to get this working( don't count on it I have almost no experence with C++).

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Editing the source code might

Editing the source code might not be needed [but I will take a look at it later in case].

If each wrld can be got into  separate esp`s then converted tp TESV,then we do not need to have a big master,if we can convert the oblivion.esm after deleting the wrld sections of data from it that would be in the esps.

We would then [and this is just dreaming at this stage] have esps for each wrld space and a master that could be worked on later.

But I have a bad feeling about this,as oblivion is not an easy beast to master.

But it is obviously file size that is the problem,so getting as much data into esps as is possible might help.

Clint
Clint's picture
Converted Oblivion Master File

Good news for the Obliviskyrim guys out there: ran Oblivion.esm through the vastly new converter and it seems to load in the CS. Will upload the converted master file tonight or tomorrow. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I'm still working on the Morroskyrim master file.

plextt
plextt's picture
Converted Oblivion Master File
May I have a link to the converter that you used?

Pages