Pages

388 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ice
Ice's picture
Really? It's a fully fledged

Really? It's a fully fledged thread for me.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/general/2421

It's also currently the third thread down on the latest threads list to the right.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
The only thing I can see at

The only thing I can see at that link is a blank post by Mooncat.

link in my browser line is the same:

http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/general/2421

but nothing there except Mooncat`s blanl post and no way to click reply etc.

Clint
Clint's picture
Hmmm works fine for me. Tried

Hmmm works fine for me. Tried different browsers? Clearing cache and all that stuff?

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
any way

How about a story where you use the elder scroll in skyrim to see the past. The dovahkiin can't be "the hero of kvatch" because he became shoegorath. This would mean The dovahkiin was talking to himself when he met shoegorath.

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
SupremeEpicness wrote:how

SupremeEpicness wrote:

how About a story where you usse the elder scroll in skyrim to see the past. The dovahkiin can't be "the hero of kvatch" because he became shoegorath. This would mean The dovahkiin was talking to himself when he met shoegorath.

The way I would handle it is using an Elder Scroll to relive the lives of a few of the heroes of the past. You could think of it a bit like the animus in AC for example.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
I like that idea, maybe we

I like that idea, maybe we could add a couple dungeons in Skyrim and at the end you would find the Elder Scrolls which would take you back in the past to Morrowind and Oblivon. The use of the Elder Scrolls in Skyrim was pretty lame and this would help them be more important I think.

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
Excellent idea, I would love

Excellent idea, I would love to see those new dungeons. But would you use one scroll and one short questline to get it? Or would you use a seperate scroll for both of the games with 2 short questlines?

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Maybe two questlines, and

Maybe two questlines, and different scrolls seeing as Oblivon and Morrowind are completely different and border different sides of Skyrim. Although depending on what people want to do, we can have one huge dungeon where both scrolls could be obtained. I definitely like your idea of using the scrolls and I hope that is how it will end up, just my thoughts though.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Zenimax are using a big

Zenimax are using a big chunk,if not all of the oblivion landmass and hieghtmap for part of the new DLC Dawnguard.

That could mean that if you install dawnguard it would override any other oblivion based content in skyrim.?

Ice
Ice's picture
 Anruin: Hey, when you first

Anruin:

Hey, when you first came to the site, I was a little suspicious of you. I didn't honestly think someone would be willing to share a converter with us.

It wasn't until I stepped foot into Morrowind in Skyrim that I realized, really realized my mistake.

It's beautiful, so much progress so fast. I've been thanking the Morroblivion guys that put it together, and I realized I totally forgot to thank you.

So, from everyone here at Morroblivion, thank you for the work you've done on the converter!

You and your team have accelerated our progress in Skyrim and consequently brought a ton of new traffic, ideas, and volunteers to the site. Thank you for working so hard and sharing your work with us. We really do appreciate it! 

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Yes, thanks Anruin! Without

Yes, thanks Anruin! Without all the work you and your team has done we would definitely not be this far with this project. It would of taken us ages to get this done

Shadow
Shadow's picture
I completely agree.  I didn't

I completely agree.  I didn't think this project would ever get off the ground, and you really swooped in and saved the day.  Even after you announced that you and the Andoran team were working on a converter I almost didn't believe it, but just the other day when I finally saw some of Morrowind in Skyrim, I realized how awesome the things you're doing are.

Keep up the good work, and know that you have done us and elder scrolls fans everywhere a huge service.

SupremeEpicness
simply wow.

The work your've done with your convert has brought my dreams of Oblivion in skyrim true

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Anruin
Anruin's picture
Hey guys!

Hey guys! Ice, unknownone, Shadow, SupremeEpicness, thank you all. I'm glad that my work helped somebody and it wasn't useless :) Also you should thank Alexandru, who helped me a lot during work, and Macoron, who made nif-converter. Also I want to thank Robert Neville who is my direct contact from your team and who helped me a lot too. Thank him for converter :D

Why do you need to make some additional XML converter? I gave you sources of our Chuvakin. Now you are able to update and edit it as you wish. Add chunks and items parsing code, etc. You can understand logic seeing through the Chuvakin's sources. I made the code as much understandable and easy as I was able to do it in short period of time that I had. You just need a little C++ experience.

And S.B. my nick is Anruin, not Andruin :D lol

Anruin
Anruin's picture
To S.B.1. Why do you need

To S.B.

1. Why do you need spend time on that "very strange method" if you have Galadriel's converter and Chuvakin? And who will program this method?

2.  What information I could post? I haven't understood that sentence. I'm looking at the code Oo looking at the data files. If you need their structure it is like: Header-Group(Form(Chunk-Chunk...)-Form...)-Group-GroupInteriors(CellForm-Group(Group...Group...Group))-GroupWorldspaces(WorldForm-Group(Group...Group...Group))-GroupQuests...... You could see the algorythm in Chuvakin's sources if you need it.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Anruin,At this time,I am

Anruin,

At this time,I am getting everything working with your converter,but there is still the LAND problem.

If I use Galadriel's converter to get the LAND [it did that perfectly],then if I merge the output from  Chuvakin converter with the Land generated by Galadriel's,it should give the land on the final convert.?

Thanks for doing the work on the converter,and for sharing it with us,it`s a great tool.

Anruin
Anruin's picture
I've fixed the LAND problem,

I've fixed the LAND problem, guys. But I still have no textures on it. Is here someone who could finish the app by writing parsing of those CLOT, TREE, AMMO, WEAP, FURN, INGR, ALCH and CONT?

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Hey Anruin, good to hear that

Hey Anruin, good to hear that you have managed to get this problem fixed. I don't know if I could be of any help with my very limited programming skills but nevertheless it would be cool to get a peek into the source files. Could you provide me a link to the sources?

Anruin
Anruin's picture
Contact RobertNeville, I gave

Contact RobertNeville, I gave him a copy as your team member who have direct contact to me.

Also I've fixed land and made trees on it.

SupremeEpicness
so...

So what is exatly perfectly converted. Is it just untextured landscape or other thing like models. Do we have to place everything ourselves or is it just converted all ready. I want to help on the skyblivion project. Cyrodiil is my favorite province and skyrim is my favorite tes game. I had A few ideas about how the dovahkiin would travel back in time. And some conection ideas. I think we should do more then just convert oblivion quests. we should also add new quests that connect  skyrim to oblivion/morrowwind. My idea was to use the elder scroll to see the past. so the dovahkiin thinks he just seeing the past, but the player is actually playing the hero of Kvatch. But why would he want use the elder scroll to see the past? It would be cool if before the hero of kvatch became shoegaroth he locked the ULTIMATE POWER away. This could be one quest after the main story of Oblivion, or one quest after the skyrim main quest. If you want I could make all the cutsom thing to connect Skyrim to Oblivion (in fact I already started). So far I have 210 spell, exploding arrows, paralysis arrows, bound bow with exploding arrows, npcs, SPELL CREATION (scripting mindcrash. Well it was very hard to do.) multiheaded Dragon Hydras(beta), followers, dungeons, enemys,  story basis for the conection to oblivion, cutsom quests meant to be placed in Cyrodiil/Morrowind, and many, MANY other thing. The only thing holding me back is the landscape of Cyrodiil/morrowind and interiors(not all interiors).

Edit: almost forgot armor retextures. Makes daedric armor of skyrim look a lot more like daedric armor oblivion, landscape textures ment to look like the ones from oblivion. And voice overs for the custom quest to connect oblivion to skyim

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
Wow, that sounds like a lot,

Wow, that sounds like a lot, but the plan is to do Morrowind first and then complete Oblivion. And I don't think things like exploding arrows and paralyze arrows will be used since they weren't in any of those 2 games. The goal is to port Morrowind to Skyrim and Oblivion second if there is still motivation to and not really to mod those games.

SupremeEpicness
What I meant is that you cant

What I meant is that you cant just import them you should have a story on how or why you redo the stuff in morrowind/oblivion. My idea was to add a quest where you use the elder scroll to relive the lives of the heros of those games. Not Just be in the 4e and fast travel Then every one think your in the 3e. With Morroblivion it is not so because the time gap is way smaller and it would be possible for the hero of kvatch to bealive during the event of morrowind. but the hero of kvatch is in skyrim(as shoegaroth).The arrow types would be somthing for the Transition story line. As I said above, If the morroblivion team dose not want to do a Transisional quest I will be more then glad to help them do one. Plus the more "cool" thing like expoding arrows that are in the mod the more likley people are to get the mod and contribute. By the way with the elder scroll online it might be awhile before the next single player elder scrolls game comes out so we might as well port both games. It not like it would take to long to port both and that the next elder scrolls game would be out by then. I thought we would port obivion first because it has a closer... well everything but i'm fine with morrowind.

Anywell I got off track. My point was that it is better to add a transisional quest then sacrifice most of the imerrsion when people say stuff that dose not make sence anymore. An other thing that would be cool About A quest to see the past lives of the heros that came before is... well if you end the 3e in oblivion and the go to morrowind and they still think it's the 3e then the elder scroll could aways say you just went back in time further. I think a quest or 2 about why the dovahkiin wants to relive the lives of the hero of old would make the game infinite time better. What I said before was if the morrobivisky team want me to help I already have half the stuff for a transisional quest done. and it would have the stuff I put in my above post. Sorry for my bad english, not my native touge.

Example of a transisional quest: 3 headed dragons come to Morrowind/Skyrim/Cryodiil, and the heros from Morrowind/Oblivion left behind the only thing that can stop them. So the dovahkiin Dose 1 quest to get the elder Scroll so he can see the life of the hero from that game. After the end of The morrowind story the dovahkiin get an elder scroll to see the event of Oblivion and like before he see's the hero from that game  seal some power, to stop the hydras, away. The end. And you can travel between the different games via using that games elder scroll

Winterdragon
Winterdragon's picture
Well, there are already a few

Well, there are already a few ideas about how to deal with the jump in space and time that are similar to yours, I'm sure that will get figured out. But about the exploding arrows, I don't think it's gonna be in the final package, just a guess, I have nothing to say over that part of the mod, but if people would be more likely to get this mod because it has exploding arrows I kinda feel like the mod itself has failed. The people who want exploding arrows and don't know you can find several mods like this on skyrimnexus are probarly the people who are gonna pirate both Oblivion and Morrowind to get their awesum exploding arrows. Again, no offense and I don't have anything to say about this, but this is just my opinion.

SupremeEpicness
Still

Still you can't argue with 240 spells and hyrdas. (I already made many type of expoding arrow)I'm not saying exploding arrow are needed but if you already have to get the games(morrowind/oblivion) to play why would you get morrobilisky(other than an engine/Grafics update). but if you add A load of new Stuff as a transision peace it trully does resurect Morrowind( and oblivion may need resurrcting soon). It adds a new experence to something old, and makes games like morrowind come back to life because the player sees his favorite game but better. I mean let say your in a nord ruin Trying to get the elder scroll for morrowind and a daugr takes out some exploding arrows. Most of the exploding arrows I made are for the new enemy npcs. not just the player. When in The old stuff from Morrowind/Oblivion you won't see exploding arrow, but the transisional dungeons/quests you just might. Sure most of the game that take place in morrowind will be the same same old but Remember my post about how the heros of old would seal some power away, well let say they went though a dungeon to do this. Viola that a great place to add cutsom things. sure it dosn't need exploding arrows but you can't have transisional npcs with exploding arrows unless you make them yourself. 

Clint
Clint's picture
Supreme, we're just worried
Supreme, we're just worried about getting Morrowind ported over, then maybe Oblivion. The "transition" really isn't important, unless you get these two things done. And you're more than welcome to make a mod that does what you say. But let's stay on topic about Anruin's esp conversion tool. We're here to work, not play with fanciful ideas. If you want you can start a new thread about transitions, if there's not one already.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Robert,could you give me a

Robert,could you give me a link to the converter source file please,it will help me at this time because I am trying to get the file sizes nearer to each other.?

Anruin
Anruin's picture
What I want say about all

What I want say about all these transitions - make 2 addons - Morrowind then Oblivion. Then experiment with those transitions. AND ONLY THEN add some additional stuff like exploding arrows and hydras, as PLUGINS that can be toggled on or off.

SupremeEpicness
I can agree that you, could

I can agree that you, could use an optional esp for the stuff I made. but I do think a mod that add alot of stuff to further intergrate morrowind in skyrim would make it better. the 210 spells or hydras or even the expoding arrow were just tool I made to make it seem as if Your still playing the same game rather then a distinct difference as soon as you enter morrowind. Don't get me wrong There should be a difference in lore and feel. but if it feels to much like morrowind then you might as well just play that.(other then just a better engine And better grafics)

anyway back on topic. I asked what dose the converter realy do. I know it dosen't convert ncps, script and armor but dose the landscapes it makes  have every(as in models) thing placed exatly the way it was in the origanal version? and dose it convert all models correctly yet?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Supreme,All of those great

Supreme,

All of those great ideas that you have may or may not happen over time [a lot of time],it took the main contributors on this site years to get morrowind into oblivion,in fact that project is still being worked on.

The converter for morroblivion was started many years back by Gadriella [spelled wrong I think],and then it was taken up by the guys on this site.

As Robert has already stated above,the main thing at this time is getting the converter to do the remaining things that need doing [lots of work],and also all of the nifs etc need converting [more work and time],and then every quest etc has to be done again.

This is not a DLC site.

Anruin
Anruin's picture
Supreme. What converter can

Supreme. What converter can do and what it cannot you can read in this topic. I think that if guys making Morrowind on the new engine it should be MORROWIND. Not the Morrowind+"a bunch of other stuff" in one unbreakable package. I don't like most plugins made for Skyrim, for Oblivion and Morrowind. There are hundreds of thousands of plugins for these games, but I used ony 25-50 of them. As do many other fans. I don't like those mega arrows or hydras, because they are out of lore, they can break the balance of the games.

Ice
Ice's picture
Yeah. Anruin is right on with

Yeah. Anruin is right on with what he's saying here, and I agree with him.

We really need to focus on Morroblivion before we move into other areas. :)

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Über spells and items don't
Über spells and items don't break the balance of the game because the Daedra reflect the spells onto you. And I think the Her Dart could be an explosive arrow but IMO it is very weak in the original Morrowind.
Anruin
Anruin's picture
If daedra reflect spells on

If daedra reflect spells on player it is unbalance for player. Anyway it is not good. It is my opinion. Do whatever you want though. It is your area, your ideas. What for me personally I want to see original but renewed Morrowind with some additional quest as additional plugins.

SupremeEpicness
I'm not saying we shouln't

I'm not saying we shouln't keep the main thing the main thing. But in my case I have not played Morrowind very in depth like Obivion and Skyrim. ( I all ready have 7, lvl 81 chars for Skyrim) while I has not even played all the quests for morrowind. so I wouldn't be much use for Quest Convertion. anyway I would love to help on the morrowind to skyrim but I think I should play it more rather then just play morroblivion. Anyway. I pretty good at making landscapes from scrach. It fact I allready made a cyrodiil landscape. It wasn't the most accurate to oblivion But it was about the same size.(no rocks Trees texture and navmeshes)I'm also good at making spells as I made 210(230 now. Added some morrowindish spells) in a little more then a week. so if you need any of those things for a morroblivisky mod then I can help. also If you do move on to make an oblivion  mod, would you start after all major morrowind quests have been imported or after all Quests have been imported.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Supreme--We actually will

Supreme--We actually will need someone to create all of the Morrowind spells that were left out of Skyrim (levitation, chameleon, lock, etc).  If you want to give us a hand, maybe you should check out the Morrowind to Skyrim Action Plan.

In the meantime, we should probably keep this thread to discussing the converter itself. :) 

zardalu
zardalu's picture
Fallout 3 or FNV supported?

Hi I know this is a strange question but when it is released will I be able to convert Fallout plugins as well as TESIV plugins with the Chuvakin converter?

Macorn
Macorn's picture
zardalu wrote:Hi I know this

zardalu wrote:

Hi I know this is a strange question but when it is released will I be able to convert Fallout plugins as well as TESIV plugins with the Chuvakin converter?

Fallout plugins work fine, exept some troubles with NavMesh

leobloom
leobloom's picture
Could I make a small request?

Could I make a small request? Apparently in the original morrowind to oblivion converter there was an option to automatically replace and move any in game objects while converting. You can see on this thread how I plan to replace the morrowind objects with skyrim ones: http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2538 

What I'm requesting is a line like this in the .ini :

Replace [ objectid ] for Editor ID [editorid ] and reposition by [ (x,y,z ) ] including LOD (0,1,2,3) setting [ 1,1,1,1 lod ]

I know you've got other problems at the moment to work on such as the holes in the land but if you could have a look at this at some point that would be awesome.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Wait, so in the far far far

Wait, so in the far far far far far future we could even convert Fallout 3 and New Vegas to the Skyrim engine.  That is really cool!!!But I have a feeling that by the time we are done with Morrowind and Oblivion, Fallout 4 will have already been released.

Macorn
Macorn's picture
Look here, I already convert

Look here, I already convert this :D

SupremeEpicness
Dose the tool..

Dose the tool covert all plugins and esms or just the the main games. Because I thought I heard someone say it dose.

Also the convertor has been released on the nexus

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yes, it is designed to

Yes, it is designed to convert any and all Oblivion .esm/.esp files to the Skyrim format.  Also, thanks for the tip about the Nexus, I guess it is time to see how it we be recieved, and if Bethesda will be okay with it.

Macorn
Macorn's picture
Here the last version of

Here the last version of Plugin converter. Anry stop working for now. So I think this is the end.

I also finish my NifTextures - program, that can search .dds and write right path in nif. In meadle some test, but I can share with you, if necessary.

Clint
Clint's picture
Macorn, I believe work is

Macorn, I believe work is still being done on the converter, we just want to see if we could speed development up if we got the code into more hands.

And yes! We would love to try out your NifTextures program! :D

bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
Would it be possible to

Would it be possible to convert the worldspace and nifs from Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina with this tool? Because when I tried to load the output .esp in Creation kit it would crash.

Clint
Clint's picture
Hmmm try changing the

Hmmm try changing the extension to esm. If it loads, save it and try it in game.

Macorn
Macorn's picture
Clint wrote:Hmmm try changing

Clint wrote:

Hmmm try changing the extension to esm. If it loads, save it and try it in game.

It wouldn't work, skyrim and oblivion have too difference structur. For example, Fallout .esp get to Skyrim very good, but for Oblivion files was created this converter

Pages