Pages

96 posts / 0 new
Last post
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Save sound about right 4000kb

Save sound about right 4000kb, 200 Game days ,340 places on Map Completed 139 Quests .ess Save file 5379kb have not seen Bloating Game Still works Fine.. The More Play More Entrys Go into Save File Has to Get bigger... Bloating is when Save 2000kb to 8000kb Example.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Frozenwolf150 wrote:I ran

Frozenwolf150 wrote:

I ran into the Puzzle Canal grate problem when trying to do Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces, and I realized I wasn't using this patch.  I downloaded and installed it after the fact, and based on the changes to the title screen I assume it was installed correctly.  However, I fast traveled back to the Palace of Vivec and the grates were still inaccessible.  The only way to reach them is to use TCL to walk through the outer surface of the palace.  Did I install something incorrectly?

Sounds like you installed it properly -- unfortunately, the Puzzle Canal fix is one of the fixes that only affects new games because the doors/grates are persistent objects, so their positions are stored in your saved game file and are not reloaded from the mod.  Keep the mod installed, and your new games will have the fix.

zaihno
zaihno's picture
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately any of the tools I have found including the Wrye Bash bloat fixer does not correct the issue. As the save size on the ESS file approaches 4000 KB, the game will crash. I am just not sure how to approach the problem. I believe the file size is just a symptom. One thing I am trying is the patch that allows the game to use more memory. What is the max size ESS file people have with the game? If others have ESS file sizes larger than 4000 KB then something about my install or perhaps just a bad save somewhere along the way?

zaihno
zaihno's picture
I mised roxon_55s post. Ok,

I mised roxon_55s post. Ok, that confirms that the ESS file can be larger than 4000 KB. Hmmmm.

zaihno
zaihno's picture
About the game crashing and

About the game crashing and noticing ESS files were approaching 4000 KB. I was looking through some of the mods available and decided to try 4gb_Patch_plus_Ram_optimization mod on the thought that if the game itself was running out of memory on my pc then maybe allowing more for it to use would help. Also, I noticed that I had the two different purge cell mods running at the same time. I had not realized that only 1 should be running so I turned the Cell Change.esp off and then set the Loading.esp to 5. So far the game is running without a crash. So it is possible the crashing came from the two cell purge mods being active. The memory patch definitely has made the game run faster. Going through doors now is almost immediate. So far so good. I may get brave and back out the ram patch and then turn both purge cell buffer mods back on to see if I can replicate the crashing. For now, I think I will just play some more ...

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
You can use Purge Cell

You can use Purge Cell Buffers on Loading then Find ExPCB comes with an .ini you Can Use Manual Settings,, Just have to Work Out to Where you Place them in Your Load Order 1 at Beginning 1 at End, on which go where.

4gig Patch is a Must Have..

Frozenwolf150
Frozenwolf150's picture
I ran into the same problem

I ran into the same problem as described in this older thread from 2 years ago:

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/tribunal...

I've spoken to Meralyn Othan, then Eno Romari, and exhausted all the conversation options.  I ran back and forth between them to see if anything new came up, but nothing did, and I appear to be stuck now.  I noticed that in the other thread, you have to ask Eno Romari about "Nerevarine" but I can't do this because I started the Tribunal MQ by completing a major faction questline (specifically the Mages Guild) instead of the Morrowind MQ.  I haven't even gotten to the point where "Nerevarine" shows up as a dialogue option with NPCs.

Edit: I found out that yes, I have to go back to the Morrowind MQ and finish "Antabolis Informant" so that the dialogue option shows up.  I had been trying to go through the game in very unconventional ways, and this is one of the consequences of procrastinating on the main quest.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Try Playing through till you

Try Playing through till you Get Moon and Star.

JustAnotherDisgrace
JustAnotherDisgrace's picture
Another problem (for me at

Another problem (for me at least, dont know for others) i cant get fargoth to put his stuff in  the hollow stump, yes he starts to sneak around, and gets near the stump, right before he`s about to enter the water, and he just stops, he stutters like he`s trying to move but he cant, tried enable/disable, moveto, kill/resurrect/ tcl. 
P.S. its not a clone of the NPC.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Have you Checked the Stump.

JustAnotherDisgrace
roxon_55 wrote:

roxon_55 wrote:

Of course i did...

He cant approach the stump like i sad it seems he is stuttering when i needs to enter the water around the stump.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Last 2 times i Played the

Last 2 times i Played the Quest, go get the Quest in the Morning leave seyda neen be back there by 10.30 pm dont go near the Light house Followed him in Camera Mode he goes to the stump, if you miss him then for the next 20+ times he never goes to the Stump as you say he Goes into Stutter Mode. if you Caught him the First Time even in camera Mode the items turned up in the Stump you will have to try 1 of the Fixes.

JustAnotherDisgrace
Well i fixed it by re loading

Well i fixed it by re loading my save file for like 10 times, and NOT going to the lighthouse when i got the quest, so i simply started following him for the whole day and eventually he got to the stump, and i looted the items, the thing is that its was just annoying to follow him up, huge time waster, oh and i  tried like you sad to get out of Seyda Neen but that did not work either.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Don't Know about a Waste of

Don't Know about a Waste of Time 300-400 Game Days Playing Morroblivion is Still a Lot Fun.This is Why they say Save Often..

Another Self-e.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
JustAnotherDisgrace wrote

JustAnotherDisgrace wrote:

Well i fixed it by re loading my save file for like 10 times, and NOT going to the lighthouse when i got the quest, so i simply started following him for the whole day and eventually he got to the stump, and i looted the items, the thing is that its was just annoying to follow him up, huge time waster, oh and i  tried like you sad to get out of Seyda Neen but that did not work either.

Sorry, I never noticed this problem before because my computer is not powerful enough to have a long view distance to see NPCs from the top of the Lighthouse.  I suspect that Fargoth is getting stuck in a collision box and then his AI is failing to complete it's path.  When this happens, if you use the Wait/Sleep key to advance time by 1 hour (repeat as needed) until Fargoth leaves then the items will be in his hiding place.  This workaround has been tested to work whether you are on top of the lighthouse or following behind him.

My personal method to finish the quest, since my view distance is not that far, is to just go to the top of the lighthouse.  Wait until 10pm.  Then wait in 1 hour increments until about 2am.  Then go down to the hiding place.  There is no need to watch or wait for any NPC.  Just follow those steps.

The ideal solution would be to fix all the collision boxes for the meshes and then hack and fix the Oblivion physics engine so that it accurately calculates movement and collisions for small and distant objects... while the collision box may potentially get done in the future, I don't think hacking executable code to fix the physics engine is worth anyone's time or effort.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Pic Looking from Lighthouse

Pic Looking from Lighthouse can not see any Extra Collision Boxes,the only things there are the Stump setup and Finemouth Seat on the opposite Side to where the Stutter Happens..TPG_TCP Views can not See any Extras have to Check CSE.

AttachmentSize
File hiding_place_23_10_2017.7z1.82 MB
Frozenwolf150
Frozenwolf150's picture
What's the <missing name>

What's the <missing name> object supposed to be?  I've seen this item sold by several merchants in the miscellaneous category.  It costs 16 gold and weighs 0, but has no item icon.  When I bought and equipped it to find out what it was, it made the torch lighting sound and was displayed as an oversized blue lantern held sideways instead of right side up.  When I tried dropping this item from my inventory, it floated in midair and could not be interacted with again.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Go back and check what the

Go back and check what the Numbers Are on the Lanterns.

I just did 2, 1 at Southwall Cornerclub False Number started with ( ff ). Candle. Floated in the air When Dropped..

Second was Ra'Virr Trader Balmora Same Started with ( ff ) it was a Lantern will Keep Looking. Floated in the Air when Dropped..

Dralasa_Pawnbroker,,Meldor_Armorer,,Milie Hastien_Fine Clothier..White Haven_Fine Aclhemist.. All Have Lanterns_Candles all with False Numbers..Player Hold Candles & lanterns Correct.a Couple of the candles did not drop to the Floor. Some Numbers or which Shop to go to..

Thanks.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Most of the "floating"

Most of the "floating" lanterns are not actually broken or bugged -- they have been modified to disable Havoc physics so that they can be positioned on hangers/trees/walls and not continually fall down in an infinite loop.  What is actually broken / bugged is that they need one of two things:

1) completely disabled user interaction and removal from all NPC/Vendor inventories so they can act as static light fixtures in architecture, OR

2) a dynamic script applied to them so that the version with Havoc disabled is switched out for the same lantern that uses a model with Havoc physics enabled.

The second approach is what I've used for torches in the Lights and Darkness mod.  I have a working version of the above script to fix problems with falling lanterns in the Tamriel Rebuilt conversion.  I just have not had time to apply this script to all lanterns in vanilla Morroblivion.

Don't waste time testing lanterns in-game to see if they are broken... a faster way is to check the NIF files to see if Havoc physics is enabled or disabled.  Once I'm done with the TR conversion, I'll try to apply the lantern fix script to the vanilla assets.

And the sideways lantern is just part of the sideways object bug which affects many auto-converted models like books, torches, etc (refer to Sideways Object bug for more info).

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
One of the reported bugs I do

One of the reported bugs I do not see listed here is Ahnassi quest bug fix. In my guide I do list this bug fix, but I wonder if it is needed?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Adding it to the fixed list,

Adding it to the fixed list, thanks for pointing this out!

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Unfortunately, I still have

Unfortunately, I still have my hands very full trying to rebuild my development setup on another computer since my main Morroblivion development system had a harddrive failure several days ago.  However, perhaps we can start a discussion about combining all of the bug-fixes on this thread into an Unofficial Morroblivion Patch?  Here are some questions to address:

1) What bugfixes should be combined into the patch?

2) Are there any bugfixes that should only be a separate optional patch?

3) Should this be named an "Unofficial Morroblivion Patch" or just "Unofficial Morroblivion v65"?

4) If we want to call it "Unofficial Morroblivion v65", it's probably best to merge this directly into the v64 master.  Does anyone have experience doing something like this?

5) Are there any other questions/issues we should ask/discuss?

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
2 Lots of Patches.

2 Lots of Patches.

1 Everything to do With UCWUS all in 1 Patch as an Upgrade to improve and Fix In Game Ench on all Game Content as in more armor Slots,Weapons,Armor,Rings examples.

2 Morroblivion_V064-V065 Fixes 2017

as a ( Must Have )..for all other Content. If possible all Fixes 01\01\2015..On

Went back to Page 16 up till Page 10 looking for Updates to Create a New Update Patch, dont know if you have had the chance to go Searching.

Missing Placements, would it be worth placing Cliffracer in Also.

Frozenwolf150
Frozenwolf150's picture
Unfortunately, this glitch

Unfortunately, this glitch reported 2 years ago still exists in the current release:

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/imperial...

I've returned both the Lord's Mail and Chrysamere to Varus, and when I exited the conversation I was told I was eligible for promotion to Knight Garland.  However, when I ask him about "Advancement" he tells me to follow all his orders, and when I ask him about "Orders" he tells me only a Knight Garland is eligible.

I'll have to see if the hotfix in that thread works.  It should be added to the unofficial patch, given that this glitch effectively breaks the questline.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Thanks roxon_55 and

Thanks roxon_55 and Frozenwolf150.  I'll add all those patches to my list for merger into our Unofficial Morroblivion Patch or whatever we end up calling it.

@roxon_55: Thanks for searching through all the old posts!  I'm still trying to re-create my mod development so your help is very appreciated!

Also, about UCWUS (Universal-Cast-When-Used-System aka enchanted item fixes): putting all of the item enchantment related mods into a single separate file sounds reasonable.  We can still package it in the same download as the core fixes.

I should clarify to everyone that (at least as of version 1.8) Morroblivion-Fixes does not incorporate any fixes found elsewhere.  I posted the first version in July 2016 and all fixes that I've made up to now have been for bugs which were not fixed by any other patch.  Which is a long way of saying that you should be installing all patches posted after January 1, 2015 if you want the associated bug fixed. (At least until the "Unofficial Morroblivion Patch" is created.)

Frozenwolf150 wrote:

Unfortunately, this glitch reported 2 years ago still exists in the current release:

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/imperial...

That's probably because the "current release" was posted around November/December of 2014, and this bug-report and the possible fix were posted in March of 2015.  So, I agree: it's very unfortunate that we can not travel back in time. JK 

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
A few more for you to Look At

A few more for you to Look At.

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon active_fixes_up_till_dec_2017_p2.txt633 bytes
Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
So whenever I fight an enemy

So whenever I fight an enemy that wields a morroblivion version of still claymore my game crashes. Any working fix?

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Tel Ash wrote:

Tel Ash wrote:

So whenever I fight an enemy that wields a (( morroblivion version of still claymore )) my game crashes. Any working fix?

If possible could you Load a Earlier Save go to Where, you Know 1 of these Swords Are, Use ( ~ ) console Click on the Sword, If the Number Starts with ( 01 ) Post the Number. then just exit your Game ..

Thanks.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Good news: I finally have a

Good news / Unofficial Project Announcement:
I finally have a working Oblivion mod development machine setup.  I am going to hold off on any new fixes/patches and focus on merging all existing patches since Jan 1, 2015 into an Unofficial Morroblivion Patch.  I will use the release date as the version number.  Hopefully, the first version will be Unofficial Patch 2017.12.01 or something close to that date.

EDIT: Please help me figure out how much interest there is in making an Unofficial Morroblivion Patch, click thumbs-up if you want it or thumbs-down if not interested.  Thanks!

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

I've been trying to figure out a solution to prevent cliffracers from doing this for months -- but your comment just gave me an idea.  I will need to do some testing, but I think there is an intelligence threshold below which a creature can not operate doors.  That's probably the best way to keep cliffracers and any other creatures which need to be confined to a single area, from leaving that area.

Looking through the old posts that roxon_55 sent me: It turns out that I was about to re-invent the wheel for the cliffracer fix.  Bullfrog had already did all the testing and created the mod to prevent cliffracer's from using doors:

https://tesrenewal.com/comment/75098#comment-75098

This will be included in the Unofficial Patch.

Update:
Thanks again to roxon_55 for going through all the forum posts looking for fixes/patches since Jan 1, 2015!  I've counted up about 37 mods (including ESPs, Meshes, etc) to potentially merge into the Unofficial Patch.  I'm going to make a tentative goal of releasing an experimental version for testing by the end of November / Thanksgiving Holidays.  Then hopefully everyone can test the mod and send feedback throughout December with a goal of releasing an official version by Christmas Holidays.  This is probably an overly optimistic timeline since it will require me to merge, package and test about 2-3 mods everyday for the next 2 weeks.  I'll post general updates to this thread and try to maintain a separate daily developer blog.

And please remember to vote up or down regarding your interest in the Unofficial Morroblivion Patch in the previous post.

Frozenwolf150
Frozenwolf150's picture
I'm still playing through

I'm still playing through Bloodmoon right now, and I'll have a more comprehensive bug report once I've explored everywhere I can think of.  Though one glitch that appears immediately when arriving on Solstheim is the one addressed here:

https://tesrenewal.com/comment/71360#comment-71360

If Bloodmoon creatures can't be searched, it pretty much breaks all the major questlines.  I did find one exception, which is the spriggans.  If you attempt to search them the first two times you knock them down, you'll be blocked from searching them the third time, even though the search icon appears correctly.  If you wait until you beat them the third time before trying to search them, it usually works.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Horker will have to go into

Good to Hear ponyrider0 will keep Looking to if we Missed Any.

Horker will have to go into Patch the Orig Horker Body Dated 14\05\2013 217kb you can Loot, the File in the ( .bsa ) 216kb you cannot Loot Never had this Problem cause My Game runs the File out of Directory Structure not the .bsa never took them out any Upgrade.

Can Repost the Horker Files.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Here is my current list of

Here is my current list of mods to merge into the Unofficial Patch.  Mods will be divided into a core patch, a separate magic overhaul patch and an optional patch.  This is only a tentative list because I will be going through each mod to verify that there are no duplicate fixes, dirty edits, or incompatibilities with each other.  More details are being posted in a developer journal.

@roxon_55: please post the original Horker files and I will include them. Thanks.

If you haven't voted on the patch, please vote-up or down on this post here.  I will probably be adjusting my development timeline based upon potential number of testers and overall interest among users.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Link for the Orig files Still

Link for the Orig files Still on Mediafire.

Kreshweed fix is it for Morroblivion or for TR, Kreshweed have gone Bloated up on Dagon Fel.

Downloaded them then Pulled all the Horker Files out setup in Directory structure. no .esp

pdf list for people who do not have a ( .xlsx ) Reader like Openoffice.

Would you be Better of just to Use Werewolf Redone v0.9 in your Patch. the Claws Fixes should not be Need now that iidle's had the chance to Finish his werewolf File.

Are the nohavok-clutter files going as a Optional Extra

When doing The Black Dart Gang, you Drown them, Quest does not Update till you Talk to Narisa Adus. Quest Completed.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
roxon_55 wrote:

roxon_55 wrote:

Would you be Better of just to Use Werewolf Redone v0.9 in your Patch. the Claws Fixes should not be Need now that iidle's had the chance to Finish his werewolf File.

Are the nohavok-clutter files going as a Optional Extra

When doing The Black Dart Gang, you Drown them, Quest does not Update till you Talk to Narisa Adus. Quest Completed.

I will review Claw Fixes to see if it negatively impacts game and if I can do it with existing assets in Werewolf Redone.

NoHavok-Clutter will be optional.

I will review Black Dart Gang quest to see if any changes should be made so that it completes in an intuitive way.

Thanks.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
When running Around Godsreach

When running Around Godsreach you hear Venasa Sarano Raving about Robot Arena but nothing in here Dialogue to Pick, the Quest Up From. Know how to Start Quest so no Prob. Do the Quest Dwemer Warbots,,Ignattius Flaccus Ask you to get 3 Dwemer Cogs, get Cogs Return when you Give them to Him He only Takes 1,,could not Work out why i was carrying 100 Extra.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I posted a discussion on my

I posted a discussion on my developer journal today about how to include UCWUS in the Unofficial Patch.  My current opinion is to integrate the full UCWUS scripts into the Core patch so that Ring of Healing and Ring of Fireball always work and reserve a separate "Magic Overhaul" Unofficial Patch for things like OBME-based mods and Argonian water breathing.  For more details and my reasoning, please see the developer journal post for more information.

Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
Hello. Another issue I would

Hello. Another issue I would like to be added to the patch is those belts fix. For example belt of heart or something like that restores 25 health per second. Constant effect. I kind of never died in oblivion. But with this belt I doubt anything that kill you at all. I witnessed 7 assassins with paralysis blade that tried to kill me. I just waited untill their weapons broke and killed them. Same situation happened when 3 grummits deathdealers(pretty tough enemies) tried to get me. Anyway I've found this on the forums. It's a fix made by Brainslasher.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data morrowind_ob_-_hearthbeltfix.esp246 bytes
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Tel Ash wrote:Hello. Another

Tel Ash wrote:

Hello. Another issue I would like to be added to the patch is those belts fix. For example belt of heart or something like that restores 25 health per second. Constant effect. I kind of never died in oblivion. But with this belt I doubt anything that kill you at all. I witnessed 7 assassins with paralysis blade that tried to kill me. I just waited untill their weapons broke and killed them. Same situation happened when 3 grummits deathdealers(pretty tough enemies) tried to get me. Anyway I've found this on the forums. It's a fix made by Brainslasher.

This issue is supposed to be fixed in Morroblivion-Fixes.  Please let me know if Morroblivion-Fixes does not fix it.  Also, Brainslasher's fix is actually an old rebalancing work-around designed for older versions of Morroblivion prior to v64 when the Cast-When-Used scripts had not been developed yet.

Also, thank you for posting this report.  It is a perfect example of issues that users have when the UCWUS features are not fully integrated into Morroblivion that I just discussed here.

Update: (Repost from previously mentioned developer journal)

I've made a final decision to fully integrate UCWUS into the Core Unofficial Patch.  New and old users alike have trouble understanding how to install Morroblivion and what each of the ESPs in the v64 Base Install do.  In my opinion, making everything simply work is an acceptable trade-off to theoretical incompatibilities.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
The active bugs and bug-fixes

The active bugs and bug-fixes posts have been updated with the new bug reports and fixes on werewolves.  The latest Werewolf Redone patch is here.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
When Playing claw and Fang

When Playing claw and Fang Quest in the Tombs of Skaalara you Get the werewolf Effect on the Player and you Can Not Remove it With Potions or with Spells you Can Not Open the Chest Because of the Effect Clip 01,with the werewolffix Activated.

Clip 02 is with Saves Deleted Back to Mournhold to Remove all Entrys out of the Save File Played All Quests Back Up to the Same Point and in the Tombs of Skaalara no Script Effect you Can Complete the Quest..

Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
While the siege of the skaal

While the siege of the skaal village quest is active every nordic character(even ones from oblivion) will spam "Some of the beasts ran inside come get them quickly".

Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
The call wolf and call bear

The call wolf and call bear powers are marked as Destruction spells while they have to be Conjuration.

Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
Hircine does not use his

Hircine does not use his voice lines. After his first speech he does not disappear - you can onehit him and loot his corpse. Imperial general dude follows you till the last fight while in vanilla he wasn't following you after the first chamber. I had to disable him via console because the poor dude initially found me in he Imperial city, like a good stalker he is.

Tel Ash
Tel Ash's picture
The chests in divayth fyr

The chests in divayth fyr aren't supposed to be "key only" as far as I remember. I remember picking one chest to get that daedric moonblade.

Pages