[WIP] More Armor Slots v0.8 for Morroblivion v064
When Updating Plugin (from version earlier than 0.7):
Load your old saved game and wait for message box stating that More-Armor-Slots is re-initializing. Then click okay and create a new Save file.
The goal for this mod is to recreate the many more armor and clothing slots that are available in Morrowind as compared to Oblivion. In this version, it adds support for the player to wear simultaneous shirt-pants-cuirass-greaves-robes. My original plan was to try to make an OBSE plugin which bypassed the Oblivion engine to use custom EquipItem functions that supported more an arbitrary number of armor and clothing slots for player and all NPCs. However, I'm embarassed to say that I had to rage-quit after several unsuccessful attempts to configure Visual Studio 2015's linker to generate a plugin that dynamically links to the OBSE dll. I hate computers. Instead, I made an ESP which exploits the Oblivion engine behavior to allow an multiple items to be equipped through the "Tail" slot. Additionally, I bypassed Oblivion's equipitem code by dynamically disabling the left-mouse button and implementing a my own Equip-Via-Tail hack. In truth, there are several hacks upon hacks to get it to work. The result is you get some visual glitches of armor and clothing drawing over each other but in return you get the benefit of higher armor class while wearing up to 3 more enchanted items.
Known Issues / To Do:
- When a savegame is loaded, the ArmorRating may not be calculated properly. Just equip something (
weapon/clothing/armor) and the ArmorRating will be recalculated appropriately. **Hopefully, all occurences of this bug has been fixed, let me know if you still have miscalculated armorrating on game load.
- There is a lot of visual clipping where armor and clothing are trying to draw on top of each other.
- Equipping multiple items will cause a brief pause
ranging from <1 second up to 2 seconds about 100ms to 500ms -- depending on the number of items you have equipped.
A lot of performance tuning and script optimization still needed. The current code is hopefully compatible with NPCs but I still need to implement script/AI logic for NPCs to choose armor/clothing to equip simultaneously.
AddActorValues OBSE plugin (version 1.0): http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33248/?
Pluggy OBSE plugin (v125b or above): http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23979/?
Morroblivion Fixes v1.6e: https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-mod-releases/rel-...
There is only one ESP file to install/uninstall. I do not modify any existing records so Load Order is not important. Add the following line to your "\Oblivion\Data\ini\Morroblivion.ini":
set mwFixes.EnableMoreArmorSlots to 1
set mwFixes.StrictMWEnchantmentSelection to 1
Alternatively, you can can skip editing the Morroblivion.ini and just run the game, open the console, and type this command:
set mwMASquest.EnableMoreArmorSlots to 1
Start your game, unequip and re-equip whatever you are currently wearing. Then equip additional items which cover chest or legs (includes: shirts-pants-skirts-robes-cuirass-greaves). You can use this with either a new or existing character -- but BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL SAVES! Sorry, but there is a lot of hackery going on in the background that adds some risk for incompatibility with future versions of this mod.
This mod depends on equipping and re-equipping items in a very specific order (all done by the script). This is incompatible with the Enchantment Selection OnEquip used by the original UCWUS mod. I recommend using Morroblivion-Fixes-v1.6e which contains an update to allow you to select enchantments from the Magic Menu. Be sure to enable mwFixes.StrictMWEnchantmentSelection as shown in the instructions above.
- Added support for NPCs.
- Overhauled code to more generally support items which take up multiple slots like robes, Indoril Boots, certain armors.
- Fixed some bugs related to dropping items and using consumables / alchemy equipment.
- Fixed bug related to bound armor / weapons expiring.
- Fixed a bug preventing compatibility with some other armor mods. When loading an old saved game, wait for message box about re-initalizing. Then click OK and create a new Save file.
- Redesigned the script flow and conditionals to workaround need for new method of refreshing UI. It's slightly slower than 0.6 but still much faster than original version. Now ready for mass consumption.