Pages

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silzerr
Silzerr's picture
Contributor
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/15/2017 - 09:38
Karma: 2
Donor
hey using the main patch

hey using the main patch causes my world map to appear blank. any ideas?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
Silzerr wrote:

Silzerr wrote:

hey using the main patch causes my world map to appear blank. any ideas?

I uploaded a default morroblivion worldmap fix.  You only need this if you are not using a Morroblivion worldmap replacer.  Remember that worldmap mods should be the last ESP in your load order.

xiphius
xiphius's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/10/2018 - 11:02
Karma: 3
Yep. Re-installed the multi

Yep. Re-installed the multi-skill trainer fix and everything starts up fine now. Perfect! Thanks a bunch :).

Silzerr
Silzerr's picture
Contributor
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/15/2017 - 09:38
Karma: 2
Donor
placing it above Morrowind_ob

placing it above Morrowind_ob-morroblivion_maps.esp seems to have done the trick. thanks for the quick reply and your work, this is my first time playing morroblivion. 

*edit found my answer thanks again

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
Even after installing the

Even after installing the redoran hortator fix, I can't get it to work. After like weeks of troubleshooting i reinstalled the game with these patches and started a new game. Today i managed to get to the part, where i need to be Redoran Hortator, but the dialog options still don't show up. If you can please help me out.

AttachmentSize
Image icon untitled.png88.7 KB
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
If you are certain that you

If you are certain that you've talked to Nibani Maesa after completing the Third Trial and asked her about the Fourth Trial, then try this command:

startquest fbmwMQRedoran

Please let me know if this works.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 sec ago
Joined: 04/24/2010 - 22:03
Karma: 1804
Also work out what Map you

Also work out what Map you are going to Run you Cannot Run 2 Maps together.

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
Just to make sure I went back

ponyrider0 wrote:

If you are certain that you've talked to Nibani Maesa after completing the Third Trial and asked her about the Fourth Trial, then try this command:

startquest fbmwMQRedoran

Please let me know if this works.

Just to make sure I went back and talked again with Nibani Maesa and a quest popped up and pretty much instantly completed itself. At this time i was hortator of Hlaalu and Nevevarine. So I started the Redoran Hortator questline. All of the counsils refused to name me as Hortator, so I started doing the Redoran quests until I managed to save a countial's son. Then he said that he likes me for this and from that everything went as planned. And I managed to complete the Redoran Hortator quest.

I am very pleased for your help, so thank you very much!

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
Because after installing the

roxon_55 wrote:

Also work out what Map you are going to Run you Cannot Run 2 Maps together.

Because after installing the unofficial patches the map broke, I installed a map mod which fixed it. I am not sure if i have to uninstall anything, because it seems like it works perfectly fine.

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
For some reason the

For some reason the levitation seems to be broken for me. I've tried unequiping the Boots of blinding speed but still buggy. I am levitating but with speed of 0.1m/s. Meening it is uber super slow...
Any ideas?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
There are 10+ scripts which

There are 10+ scripts which mediate levitation.  Without more information, it's impossible to figure out what's causing the issue:

1. What are you using to levitate?  Spell, Scroll, Potion, Enchantment, or Quest reward?
2. What is the exact name of the spell, scroll, potion or enchanted item you are using?  Where did you buy/steal/obtain it?  Can you post the FormID for that item?
3. Do you have the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch Magic Addon installed?  Where in the Load order is it located?  Please post your load-order.
4. Do you have the OBSE Magic Extender (OBME) installed?
 

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
1. I think it must be a Quest

ponyrider0 wrote:

There are 10+ scripts which mediate levitation.  Without more information, it's impossible to figure out what's causing the issue:

1. What are you using to levitate?  Spell, Scroll, Potion, Enchantment, or Quest reward?
2. What is the exact name of the spell, scroll, potion or enchanted item you are using?  Where did you buy/steal/obtain it?  Can you post the FormID for that item?
3. Do you have the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch Magic Addon installed?  Where in the Load order is it located?  Please post your load-order.
4. Do you have the OBSE Magic Extender (OBME) installed?
 

1. I think it must be a Quest reward. I think I got it from ghosts at Azura's chamber.

2. I made pictures because I'm not sure which information do you need. :)

3. I made picture of my load order. I've put it last.

4. Yes, I do.

AttachmentSize
Image icon item_id.png43.42 KB
Image icon item_in_inv.jpg533.71 KB
Image icon load_order.png23.38 KB
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
Thank you, that's exactly the

Thank you, that's exactly the information that I needed.  Try this beta patch update that I am working on and let me know if it helps.  Also, the original Magic_Addon and this Magic_Addon_update ESPs MUST be placed after the Bashed Patch, otherwise the OBME record extensions will be deleted by Wrye Bash.

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

Thank you, that's exactly the information that I needed.  Try this beta patch update that I am working on and let me know if it helps.  Also, the original Magic_Addon and this Magic_Addon_update ESPs MUST be placed after the Bashed Patch, otherwise the OBME record extensions will be deleted by Wrye Bash.

Waoh... that was very fast... 

I've tried it out. It is far better then it was before. I can't levitate up or down and the speed still seems a bit slow. BUT very nice update! Job well done :P . It seems for me that for some reason the gravity is pulling me down even tho i'm not moving.

I have a question: why is that the trainer fix appears orange in the load order (it is usually only orange, if it is placed wrongly)?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
speter2 wrote:

speter2 wrote:

Waoh... that was very fast... 

That specific script/record has been fixed for a month now but still needs a lot of testing and fine tuning.  That's why I haven't released it yet.

Quote:

I've tried it out. It is far better then it was before. I can't levitate up or down and the speed still seems a bit slow. BUT very nice update! Job well done :P . It seems for me that for some reason the gravity is pulling me down even tho i'm not moving.

It should be slow because the Travel-Stained pants only gives Levitate 10pts.  I think it was about that speed in Morrowind too.  I have no idea about gravity pulling you down but, technically, you are constantly falling when Levitation is active (at least from the game engine's point of view).  Perhaps you have some gravity/physics mod installed that's incompatible with the script (Newer versions of Oblivion Reloaded have a "realistic gravity" option.  

Quote:

I have a question: why is that the trainer fix appears orange in the load order (it is usually only orange, if it is placed wrongly)?

The orange color is because the master records are in reverse order and Wrye Bash is resorting them.  The fix is too time intensive to do anything about it until I am ready to rebuild a new Morroblivion Unofficial Patch because changing the master order will change their index which will affect all the FormIDs of records and references -- which is why the original file caused an instant crash to desktop.  However, the game engine should not be affected because the coloring and sorting are only for humans to read -- the machine code is able to recognize and identify the correct records without issue.

speter2
speter2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/14/2018 - 05:52
Karma: 7
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

It should be slow because the Travel-Stained pants only gives Levitate 10pts.  I think it was about that speed in Morrowind too.  I have no idea about gravity pulling you down but, technically, you are constantly falling when Levitation is active (at least from the game engine's point of view).  Perhaps you have some gravity/physics mod installed that's incompatible with the script (Newer versions of Oblivion Reloaded have a "realistic gravity" option.  

 

The orange color is because the master records are in reverse order and Wrye Bash is resorting them.  The fix is too time intensive to do anything about it until I am ready to rebuild a new Morroblivion Unofficial Patch because changing the master order will change their index which will affect all the FormIDs of records and references -- which is why the original file caused an instant crash to desktop.  However, the game engine should not be affected because the coloring and sorting are only for humans to read -- the machine code is able to recognize and identify the correct records without issue.

Thank you very much for these informations. And thank you for working so hard to fix these!

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
I just posted an update with

I just posted an update with bugfixes for the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions.  I will try to make a changelog and post it here when I get some more time.

UPDATE: 2018-July-30, posted Tribunal-Bloodmoon-Fixes version 2.  This adds bugfixes to the East Empire Company questline to make it completable.  This has all the files which v1 had, so you can just over-write v1 if you have it installed.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 sec ago
Joined: 04/24/2010 - 22:03
Karma: 1804
Thanks for the Updates and

Thanks for the Updates and Fixes.

But what is wrong in the East Empire Quest, I Completed the Whole Quest Line with No Problems.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
Did you complete it recently

Did you complete it recently with v64 + 2018-Dec-18 Morroblivion Unofficial Patch installed when you began the new character?  Did you side with Carnius or Falco?  Several dialogs and quest scripts did not advance appropriately or incorrectly skipped subsections of the quests depending on how you solved them.  Some of the AI did not execute properly.  I'll put a changelog together for the updates.  None of these bugs were game-breaking, but they required you to use console commands to finish and/or limited you from experiencing the quest as originally intended.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 sec ago
Joined: 04/24/2010 - 22:03
Karma: 1804
None of what is in Your List

None of what is in Your List,Still running V064 with Out any of the Patches or the Fixes Released, NO  Consle Commands.

Played Falco side most Quest Sections I did not Get back to for 7 to 10 to 15 Days, Played all the Way Through

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
Okay, then you don't need

Okay, then you don't need this mod.  Feel free to ignore it for now.  If you run into problems in the future it will be here for you to try out. 

To everyone (not specifically roxon_55):

I make these bugfixes for myself because I like to have a polished game that I can enjoy on multiple playthroughs with multiple different decision paths.  I share these bugfixes with the hopes that it will improve other player's gameplay experience and ultimately encourage them to contribute to the community with new ideas, stories and mods.  I say all of this because I don't want anyone to misunderstand my goals or intentions:  I am not interested in gaining praise or respect or popularity in the community.  I am not trying to force anyone to play this game my way.  Please do not assume that I have somehow entered into a contract with you to make something that you enjoy, and that I have wronged you if you do not enjoy it.  Play your game however you want to play it.

Adrianoz
Adrianoz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/31/2018 - 12:14
Karma: 1
Hi there,

Hi there,

I'm following the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP guide, he recently added the hotfixes in the forums, and had a question:

Do I need to rebuild my bashed patch everytime you update with a new fix? Or should they all be loaded after the bashed patch and not integrated into it? BOSS doesn't recognize them, so I've put them all except magic addon within my bashed patch, right under where the Morroblivion ESP's are sorted.

Daggerfall Rebu...
Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 06/03/2014 - 15:53
Karma: 48
I may start a Community Mod

I may start a Community Mod for Morroblivion called Morroblivion Redux, The idea is to incorporate all the Hotpatches and include Oblivion style map quest icons and improved locations. I've been developing Hammerfell for Skyrim and Oblivion, but the fun of that mod quickly deminished. Morroblivon on the other hand seems to have the community!

@ponyrider0

Can I include your hotfixes in Morroblivion Redux?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
Adrianoz wrote:

Adrianoz wrote:

Hi there,

I'm following the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP guide, he recently added the hotfixes in the forums, and had a question:

Do I need to rebuild my bashed patch everytime you update with a new fix? Or should they all be loaded after the bashed patch and not integrated into it? BOSS doesn't recognize them, so I've put them all except magic addon within my bashed patch, right under where the Morroblivion ESP's are sorted.

This is a tricky question because the reasons and benefits of Building a Bashed Patch is really beyond the scope of a this topic, but is well worth understanding for every player interested in advanced modding (such as following the Mororoblivion Overhaul STEP guide).  However, the easiest and safest way to utilize the hotfixes is to add them near the end of your mod load order, after the bashed patch and before any Worldmap replacement mods.  Rebuilding the Bashed Patch has the potential of invalidating your saved games and making custom spells, enchantments and equipment disappear.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 839
Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev wrote:

Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev wrote:

I may start a Community Mod for Morroblivion called Morroblivion Redux, The idea is to incorporate all the Hotpatches and include Oblivion style map quest icons and improved locations. I've been developing Hammerfell for Skyrim and Oblivion, but the fun of that mod quickly deminished. Morroblivon on the other hand seems to have the community!

@ponyrider0

Can I include your hotfixes in Morroblivion Redux?

No permission is every required for mods or hotfixes that I have authored.  As far as I am concerned, they are public domain and should be spread throughout the world like vaccinations for deadly diseases.  My only request is that you take care to promote only the mod projects themselves and not me as an individual.  Thanks.

 

Pages