Blocking in Skyrim was useless, so I remade the entire blocking system.
It now works like this:
- You block X % of the incoming physical damage if you have enough stamina to absorb the hit. (X % can be changed for each shield)
- While blocking, your stamina regeneration is slowed down a bit
- Shields now have a new stat called Stability (This overwrites the Actor Value "Variable02"), used only in Skyrim by the Ebony Blade so once an actor has witnessed its power, it is immune to it.
- Shields also block incoming arrows. No need to waste a perk point for that anymore.
How much stamina is consumed when blocking a hit is decided by this formula:
- BaseDmg = how much Damage the incoming blow deals
- Stability = a new stat I added to shields (usually between 60-80 for tower shields for example)
- Block = The blocker's Block Skill
- Y = a set value. Will decide this later after extensive testing. (As of now it is 10)
(Y+ (BaseDmg) * (1.5 - (Block / 100)) * (1.5 - (Stability / 100)))
Additionally, Tower Shields are now different from normal shields. They are heavier, but has a much higher stability, but also drain your stamina recovery slightly when equipped(maybe 10% or something), slow you down a bit, and can also block some elemental damage.
The blocking perk tree will also be redone to fit this new system.
Uh, I guess you guys can post your opinion(s) on the new system below now, or whatever. This is a forum after all...
Edit: by 'elemental damage' I mean magic.
Edit: Updated formula a bit.