16 posts / 0 new
Last post
rexos123
rexos123's picture
[WIP] Furniture Props by Rexos123

Hello everyone:)

My name is Yanko Stefanov. I am new guy here and probably no one knows me yet. So, I am 3D modeler and Animator studying in University of Bradford, (3th year on placement).I registered on the  website two weeks ago, and I wanted to help with some 3D modeling stuffs, not only because of the practice and the experience I will get, but because of the fact that I am big fan of The Elder Scrolls series and  I wanted to do something, that makes me enjoy doing it. a So I contacted Eloth and showed him my portfolio, and He gave me some furniture models to reconstruct. And here we are, you can check bellow my little progress so far and share yours opinions, criticism, advices.... Thank you :) 

Original Morrowind Furniture

Click for bigger resolution: 

Click for bigger resolution 

Barel Made by me (Compared with the Original)

Bench made by me (Compared with the Original)

So guys, these are the two models I've made so far. I have lot more to do , So I am continuing my work. Also many thanks to Eloth for the really useful advices he gives me about the modeling and texturing tricks :P 

Edited by: grumpycat on 12/08/2014 - 19:21
Sputnick
Sputnick's picture
THIS IS THE GREATEST

THIS IS THE GREATEST FURNITURE EVER CONSTRUCTED. SUCH AWESOME, MANY WOWS, MUCH COOL.

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
welcome. I'm lead 3d artist

welcome. I'm lead 3d artist so expect me to bug you soon.

MillsMess
MillsMess's picture
 Fantastic work, just watch

Fantastic work, just watch that you don't accidentally make items look more upper class rather than more developed; the barrel might fit better in high class establishments now and may look a bit awkward in run down places - I'm sure that variations could be made with different textures though. All the same they're great models and I look forward to seeing what else you can do.

rexos123
rexos123's picture
Thank you guys.

Thank you guys.

MillsMess-I understand what you mean, and thank you for the advice. Actually the textures of the original barrel in Morrowind are too dirty, and the barrels looks like it's made from wood crust, rather than separate boards, which is not supposed to be like this :D. May be If I add some dirt, holes, rust in my barrel textures it will look more older and shabby. I can experiment with the textures when I have time :) So thank you for the opinion :) 

Vita
Vita's picture
Contributor
Great job, looks very nice.

Great job, looks very nice. And the barrels are just ok barrels to me. The only 2 things I would do is : desaturating a bit and make iron circle thinner. Keep it up

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
Glorious.

Glorious.

Connstar
Connstar's picture
Mway1 wrote:

Mway1 wrote:

Great stuff except the original Barrel Colour and Iron thickness was more realistic.

Morrowind had a slightly less realistic artstlye than skyrim. It was kind of comicbook-ish (just kind off). I think the model perfectly matches that style.

Vita
Vita's picture
Contributor
What kind of discussion is

What kind of discussion is that? In the time comics style was more an necessity then a real choice. To make things nice and fast for pore hardware of that epoch. We don’t have to make all the same cartoonish stuff today. Is just the question of the good sense, barrel with circle thick as wood plank – ridiculous.

rexos123
rexos123's picture
Mway1.  I aggree with you,

Mway1. I think that the reference image you showed matches more with the original barrel only because they have similar colors (light brown). Look at mine barrel, it is more dark brown color than the original color, that's why mine looks different. :) 

Vita- I agree with you! 

rexos123
rexos123's picture
Some new stuffs :) 
Nandi
Nandi's picture
Contributor
this is absolutely awesome!

this is absolutely awesome! Great stuff!

rexos123
rexos123's picture

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I like your attention to

I like your attention to details, good job!

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
if there are any models here

if there are any models here which can reuse other textures we will try wherever possible, to reduce texture memory call per area. Especially wood, ideally we want only one main wood folder for the entire game.

rexos123
rexos123's picture
Yes I understand. So, if you

Yes I understand. So, if you want I can change some of my wood textures in order to reduce texture memory call per area. Also I can upload all my wood textures I've used so far, but I will do this later, because I am on my workplace now :)