28 posts / 0 new
Last post
gidz89
gidz89's picture
Danwood FCOM SuperPack 6.4.2 Re-Uploaded

Hi there. For anyone who knew about Danwood's fantastic FCOM SuperPack you would know it was a one click installer for a full FCOM setup plus a few realism & other mods that was super stable and meant anyone without knowing how to properly install FCOM (it is a hassle) would be able to experience it. Now, when Megaupload was shut down the links were lost & then the forums went down aswell: http://www.superpackden.mastertopforum.net.

Well since i did download the final version of the pack before this happened i'd thought i'd share it with anyone who wants it and re-uploaded the entire pack (but it's big, over 2GB). I know not everyone is keen on mod superpacks but this one is fantastic it really is. Here's the link guys, enjoy:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_pHj0dQg6a6azhsNUtaMG1MR2s

Oh, it is compatible with Morroblivion since it only effects the Cyrodiil worldspace and not Vvardenfell.

P.S. If anyone has the Danwood Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas SuperPacks i would be eternally grateful if someone could reupload and post a link on this thread as i never managed to get those :(

Edited by: gidz89 on 05/20/2012 - 05:30
nesin
nesin's picture
tempted to try this out, been

tempted to try this out, been thinking about installing FCOM convergence on a clean install of the gam, but with no official or organized info anymore with that forum shutdown, what kindof detail does the readme go into with what can be tweaked or how/if its possible to uninstall speicific mods included. And i noticed on the breif discussion here it says it includes Alternate start, which I wouldve thought conflicts with Morroblivion

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
V5

I use v5 I think

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Well the readme is lacklustre

Well the readme is lacklustre to be blunt but the latest version allows an install of the plugins being non-merged so you can just deactivate the mods you don't want to use and update your load order using BOSS. The merged version is more stable, because less plugins are active in the load order so you would need knowledge of Wyre to delete mods you won't use. All the tools you need are installed with the mods anyway to achieve this.

EDIT: To disable some of the more "realistic" options in the SuperPack:

REALISTIC FATIGUE:

Go to Oblivion / Data and find SM Enc & Fatigue.
Find the line that says fFatigueRunBase

Change it and the ones below it to whatever you want. If you want it to be like Vanilla oblivion, use the values ​​it says after V.

COMBAT FUMBLING:
-Go in the misc item menu.
-Open + [Mod Options] -> Combat Fumbling
-Reduce "Max Penality" to 5 and increase "Threshold" to 5

RE-ENABLE FAST TRAVEL:
Go in "Oblivion \ Data \ ini \"
open "Map Marker Overhaul.ini"
find the line: "set tnoMMO.FastTravelMode to 2" and change to: "set tnoMMO.FastTravelMode to 0".

Mods i would recommend to add on top:

Ambient Town Sounds Edited
Better Cities
Brighter Drop Lit Torch
Combat Optimizer
Cyrodil Transportation Network
Deadly Reflex
Enhanced Weather
Indoor Weather Sounds
Keychain
Let the people Drink
Menu Escape
More Immersive Sounds Editied
Persuasion Overhaul
Put it in its Place
Reapers Adjustable Oil Lamp
Roleplaying Dialogues
Saddle Bag
Storage Sacks
Symphony of Violence

snarfies
snarfies's picture
Let the people Drink Already

Quote:

Let the people Drink

Already included in 6.4.2,  not that the changelog mentions what version.

I've made a torrent:  https://kat.ph/fcom-superpack-6-4-2-t6398677.html (or use attached)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Good job, more options for

Good job, more options for downloading, please seed people! :D

nesin
nesin's picture
lol i tried installing this

lol i tried installing this but not on a clean install, wanted to see if that was reeally necessary and big surprise, the game couldnt get past the launcher. It also deactivated nearly every esm/esps, and had half the FCOM related stuff deactived, and i couldnt tell if it installed the merged or non merged version,  so went ahead and reactived everything, mabye thats why - so Im not complaining, i shouldve tried it on a clean install and assumed the deactivated esps were meant to be.

but in the end, considering it doesnt even give a list of every mod and programs installed (even during install) and with no support to troubleshoot or get specific info,  just seem more trouble than its worth.

steph
steph's picture
Sounds like its a little

Sounds like its a little 'buggy' ..

gidz89
gidz89's picture
yeah it really does have to

yeah it really does have to be a clean install, mods can be added after if you know your way around wyre. Also, to get the non-merged version, you have to install the patch file (the smaller executable) and you get the option for it bein non-merged. On a clean install it is very stable (you do need a good rig to run it though) so is a viable option if FCOM confuses the hell outta you, i know it does for me.

I agree the lack of documentation is very disappointing however, a pack of this size should have better documentation. All the info funnily enough was available on the website but wasn't included with the pack, very odd.

nesin
nesin's picture
ah, so thats what the patch

thanks for the reply gidz, so thats what the patch files for; out of curiosity, would you active the patch file before or after activing the main setup. Another thing is im using the Steam version, so cant lauch it directly from the obse_loader, dont know if thats important. Anyway its still surprising noones uploaded an adhoc replacement to the superpack forums, even just to reupload the faq.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Yea the patch would be

Yea the patch would be installed after the main setup. The 4gb patch is just an option it patches Oblivion to allow the use of 4GB ram, i  think normally it only uses 2GB ram maximum.

Some of the features of the superpack do require OBSE, so to get OBSE working with steam:

1) Make sure you have received the latest update, we just updated on Steam about 30 minutes ago to make our binary more compatible with OBSE. Restart Steam if you are unsure and you should get updated. If you've replaced your binary with some non-Steam version you'll want to make sure it updates and you are on the new Steam shipped version.

2) Install OBSE into your steamapps\common\oblivion directory as you normally would

3) Get this file: http://media.steampowered.com/content/obse_loader.zip, and extract the obse_loader.exe over the top of the one from the standard OBSE install in your oblivion folder.

4) Run obse_loader.exe and everything should now work (you'll get passed through the loader first, just hit play).

I'm still holding hope Danwood will re-activate the forums because all the documentation was there, along with the Fallout Superpacks i never managed to get hold of :(

nesin
nesin's picture
gidz89 wrote:Some of the

gidz89 wrote:

Some of the features of the superpack do require OBSE, so to get OBSE working with steam:

1) Make sure you have received the latest update, we just updated on Steam about 30 minutes ago to make our binary more compatible with OBSE

Sry i dont get what you mean, what was just updated? and that zip for obse_loader is pretty old, Im allready using obse, version 0.0.20.6 but not the exe, just obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll and obse_steam_loader.dll as its said to do in the instructions.

Is it necessary to also add the obse_loader.exe to the game folder  even tho the steam wont launch directly from it?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
oh sorry ignore the updating

oh sorry ignore the updating part , found the info for ya so just copied & pasted. Yes i would say put the obse_loader.exe in your folder (Steam/steamapps/common/oblivion)

You will also need to enable "Steam Community In-Game", check the box in Settings->In-Game

If that doesnt work then, after enabling "Steam Community In-Game" just run the Oblivion.exe not the obse_loader.exe the latest versions of OBSE should be steam compatible.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
hey

I am on v6 and I have been struggling to get rid of these realism mods. I did what gidz89 said and some of it seems to work. But for some reason, my character still gets tired and slows down when he is running...hmmm

nesin
nesin's picture
eventually decided to try

eventually decided to try this out but after less than than 10 minutes, allready decided im gonna uninstall it (well delete that install) there too much stuff idont want or know how to isolate, Like the pitch blackness in the caves is fine if theres something to illuminate it (tho id prefer to uninstall it), so was using a torch, problem solved but then it ran out and i literally cant continue playing cause all the other torches i picked up disappeared from inventory, the same as every single weapon i pickup except the one im holding disapears and nothing else stays in the inventory either, wheres all this stuff disappearing to? and for the last rant, theres a reminder script looping every 10 seconds that im carrying too much to be able to sprint, my encumberance is 30/180, lol,  Just seems like this needs the forum support to tweak properly. Imo the ideal FCOM repackage would just include the FCOM mods and nothing else if the whole point was to uncomplicate those installations

diegobeatz
diegobeatz's picture
Hey! Made an account just to

Hey! Made an account just to say I freakin love you (no homo of course)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
@diegobeatz Haha your very

@diegobeatz Haha your very welcome :)

@nesin yea all the documentation was included on the forums of the website, really stupid i know it should have been packaged all together, makes me wish id copied and pasted off the website now :( It's best to install the "non merged" version to get rid of certain mods you don't require, just install the main file (big one), then the 6.2.4 update patch and during that installation a message will pop up saying whether you want the merged or non-merged version. The non-merged version will have all the mods separate instead of merged and then you can uninstall what mods you like and then update your load order with boss or manually (if you know your way around load orders). For the non-merged version you will need to know how to use Wyre Bash to uninstall mods from the merged plugins.

Oh and on a further note, it MUST be installed on a clean install of Oblivion.

Danwood
Danwood's picture
Hello The forum is up again

Hello :)

The forum is up again (thanks for reuploading the superpack!)

http://superpackden.mastertopforum.net/index.php

All the documentation (including mod list, installation guide, troubleshooting etc) is also available.

I'm going to release the last version of FCOM SuperPack, in the general section of the forum you can check the preview changelog.

Release is due to a week approximately :)

Dan

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Danwood! Your back! No
Danwood! Your back! No problem on reuploading the pack love the collection and thought it was a mighty shame it went. I look forward to the final release :)
seldalore
seldalore's picture
o:

Thank you, Danwood! I am one of the unfortunate few who, no matter how many alternative attempts, never managed to successfully get FCOM working. I am looking forward to release 7 :)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Yea the final version looks

Yea the final version looks amazing. According to the changelog you have the option of just installing the "Main" Superpack that will just be the core experience of FCOM so if you don't fancy those realism mods the pack adds then you don't have to have them. :)

Danwood
Danwood's picture
I'm also going to overhaul

I'm also going to overhaul the roleplay/hardcore mods in next version, as not shown in the preview changelog.

New version will be much more steamlined and polished, and in the same time will add to immersion and roleplay

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
nice

Eagerly waiting for this. I couldn't use this last time because of those realism mods.

skunkdave
skunkdave's picture
Thanks x infinity.

To a newbie Oblivion modder, this pack and these recommendations/Steam instructions are beyond exemplary. Thank you very much for your time and effort for the community!

I added a minor archery rebalance, but your taste is exceptional.

Update: Well crap. CTD after Oblivion loadbar, and I'm pretty sure I can only blame myself. *sigh* Will devote another four hours tomorrow. Sure, without y'all I'm sure it would be more like 30 hours.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
down

the website is down for me :(

gidz89
gidz89's picture
The sites back up now haha

The sites back up now haha you had me worried for a minute there. :)

monc
monc's picture
thanks Danwood

I'd just like to thank Danwood for his amazing superpacks - some people think awesome mods which make games from 'pah' to 'wow' should only be available to those able to program. I, however, am not able to, so I am SO grateful to Danwood - such sterling work.

PS: I'm a father with a full-time job, I love FCOM, but I don't have time to learn how to program - so thanks, thanks, thanks Danwood - those occasional moments of 'me time' I get are now spent exploring caves, not trying to work out how to get mod s to work - thank you!!! (and of course, apologies to angry mod fascists...)

Alex_Portnoy
Alex_Portnoy's picture
I just thought I would pass

I just thought I would pass along the link to Zaric Zhakaron's video tutorial on installing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15wDKl9zDSA

I haven't played Oblivion in years and wanted a guide to a quick setup and there it was!