18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Suade
Suade's picture
Extremely noobish question

I've never played Morrowind in depth before. I tried for a couple hours but it was too dated for me. That's why I'm helping with this project!

But I actually don't know a lot about Morrowind. Like for instance, is this landmass I circled called "Morrowind" or does the actual continent by itself (not including Vvardenfell and Solstheim) have another name?

Also, how much of the actual continent of Morrowind did Morroblivion have in game? Do we plan on bringing this continent into Skywind or just Vvardenfell and Solstheim for now?

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Morrowind is all of the

Morrowind is all of the purple on that map--including the island of Vvardenfell and the other islands off the coast. It's the name of an Imperial provence, like Cyrodiil (from Oblivion) and Skyrim.

The game Morrowind (and by extension, Skywind) only includes the landmass of Vvardenfell, the city of Mournhold (added in the first expansion, Tribunal), and the island of Solstheim (north of Vvardenfell).

Skywind is a port of the game Morrowind into Skyrim's engine, using Skyrim's updated game mechanics and balance. So it will include the areas in the above paragraph, along with all the NPCs, quests, items, etc. I hope that answers your question! :) 

Suade
Suade's picture
Mooncat wrote:Morrowind is

Mooncat wrote:

Morrowind is all of the purple on that map--including the island of Vvardenfell and the other islands off the coast. It's the name of an Imperial provence, like Cyrodiil (from Oblivion) and Skyrim.

The game Morrowind (and by extension, Skywind) only includes the landmass of Vvardenfell, the city of Mournhold (added in the first expansion, Tribunal), and the island of Solstheim (north of Vvardenfell).

Skywind is a port of the game Morrowind into Skyrim's engine, using Skyrim's updated game mechanics and balance. So it will include the areas in the above paragraph, along with all the NPCs, quests, items, etc. I hope that answers your question! :) 

Yes it did! :) So you weren't able to travel outside Mournhold  (like leave the city through the gates)? It seems like when I played Skywind the only thing on the map was Vvardenfell, so I was just a little confused. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Tamriel rebuilt is a mod that

Tamriel rebuilt is a mod that actually is aiming to add the mainland to Morrowind. They're actually almost half done.
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?image=g/maps/map_mw_full.jpg&p=m...
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5217/tamrielrebuilt.jpg

They actually did a really great job. Their quests are actually even better than vanilla quests. If anything, I wish we were adding Tamriel rebuilt to Skywind instead of Morrowind. One day I am hoping we can...

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
I think the only way to

I think the only way to convert tamriel rebuilt is to sacrafice the expansions or at least "Bloodmoon" as the morrowind to Oblivion coverter can't convert all the data in all the expantions and the game AND Tamriel rebuilt. I'll Most likley check into converting it.

Gothryd
Gothryd's picture
If Morrowind and TR will be
If Morrowind and TR will be converted separately (by deleting some cells etc), will it be possible to merge the resulting esms after conversion?
Suade
Suade's picture
Wow! That mod looks amazing!

Wow! That mod looks amazing! How many members do they have? For such a huge project on an older game, they sure have made a lot of content. I'm going to definitely have to try Morrowind (even if I can't play it- curse being spoiled!) just to see this mod. I've been searching for an answer to this and so far have found nothing so I assume they haven't decided yet, but do you think when the finish the Morrowind mainland and move onto another region they'll move over to Skyrim? I mean I can understand why they're still using Morrowind's engine, with years of assets and dedication put into the mods for that game, they couldn't just switch over to a newer engine. But once they finish and start fresh, I wonder what they'll do. Reason I'm asking, is of course, if we can ask for some help or even using some of their assets or even converting their landmass into our mod! :D 

As to converting it, I wouldn't know. I don't know who does the converting here.

I think the only way to convert tamriel rebuilt is to sacrafice the expansions or at least "Bloodmoon" as the morrowind to Oblivion coverter can't convert all the data in all the expantions and the game AND Tamriel rebuilt. I'll Most likley check into converting it.

We dont have a Skyrim converter yet? How did we bring Vvardenfell to Skyrim then? I'm confused by what you meant, sorry!

BUT I do know we have a lot of possibilities right now, with the rumored Skyrim DLC being on Solstheim and the next TR map will be reworking Mournhold (city and surrounding lands) we may not have to convert either Morrowind expansions (if we are allowed to, of course by the TR team).

Mehh
Mehh's picture
The TR team is quite big.

The TR team is quite big. They've spent around 10 years on this project. They actually started before the Morrowind game even came out(I never understood how tbh).

The converter that was used for converting stuff is actually on the forum somewhere. From what I can tell you have to convert the game from Morrowind to Oblivion and then Oblivion to Skyrim. I've actually tried to convert TR to Oblivion, but the convert crashes.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion-to-skyrim/genera...
http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/general/...

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Yep, only Map 1 of TR can be

Yep, only Map 1 of TR can be sucsessfully converted to Morroblivion.

Starting from map 2 it just throws an error 'too many interiors' and the resulting master becomes corrupt. When adding all 3 maps it also gives 'too many NPCs', 'too many books' and some other similar errors.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Hm yea, I actually tried

Hm yea, I actually tried deleting all the cells in the Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon esms, and then tried to convert the TR stuff, but I got some other error. I forgot what it even said, I think it had to do with some sunrise or something.

Also couldn't you try seperating the npcs and books from the esm? At least then you'd have the landmass. You could work on the npc/book stuff separately.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I tried editing the esms too,

I tried editing the esms too, but then the converter just crashes at some point. I think thats because deleting stuff creates errors in master file and converter can't handle this. (Or maybe official esms are somehow different and aren't meant to be edited in 3rd party programs)

Deleting NPCs\books doesn't work for the same reason - they are placed in gameworld. When you detete base objects all their references will become corrupt and the converter will crash on them.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Tr
If we could delete enough interiors in tr and then convert it, couldnt we just manualy add the rest back afterwards?
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
That'll be quite a lot of

That'll be quite a lot of interiors...

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Well yeah
If it works, it's better than nothing
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Well, even if it works (which