282 posts / 0 new
Last post
Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Miscommunication

Leobloom, I think you read him wrong. He said reran his av software and there were no viruses, so it must have been something weird with his av software.

leobloom
leobloom's picture
Ah right, thanks for clearing

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes forum posts can be hard to "get". Good to state my case anyway :)

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
I am having trouble with LOd
I am having trouble with LOd tho. when i get on some of the LOD is wrong. like i would see land where an ocean should be. i should probably try to redownlaod that update
leobloom
leobloom's picture
No, it's not a problem at

No, it's not a problem at your end. The converter is still messing up with some of the land data and the LOD is messed by this as well.

Any progress with the holes anybody?

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
check it out. might help later on
alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
stuff
Oh and another thing i found was when i touch water in the morrowind world my game crashes. But so far what i found to do to avoid crashes is go into your Skyrim directory, open data then go to textures and DELETE : Sky :Water Do this because when you opened up your Oblivion.BSA and SI.bsa and then placed the textures into the skyrim textures folder you might have overwritten or even corrupted some of the skyrim textures. As soon as i deleted those i was able to actually get past the load screen and place myself into the morrowind wolrd. also if you have NVIDA graphics card i found that disabling shadows going into "manage 3d settings" and finding skyrim.exe and reducing things such as Texture Quality and Ambient Occlusion helped keep me from crashing while playing. Also if you crashed while playing the morrowind_sk.esm or esp. and cant get back into the game because you crashed on a load screen or everything is black, get out of skyrim, disable the esp, get back in, load the save, get off skyrim again, then re-enable the esp, and then load the save again. it might take a long time to see things or it might be slow on the load screen.
leobloom
leobloom's picture
Haha everyone freaked when I

Haha everyone freaked when I posted a screeny of a build with those mushrooms. They're not as analogous to the morrowind originals as you'd think.

What would be great would be if you could post those links, and if possible a brief descrition and the sharing policy of the mod creator (if you feel you have the time to find this out) in this thread: http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2538 as we are trying to assemble a database of all mods of potential use there.

I found a fairly sure-fire way of forcing a crash was to go to cell (-5, -7) and then go north-west towards balmora.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Haha.  You found one place

Haha.  You found one place where you could force a crash.  I have found many places where I can create a CTD at will.  Oh well, I guess every computer is different. :)

leobloom
leobloom's picture
Any progress with the land

Any progress with the land conversion/ holes problem. I am in NO WAY trying to rush you, it's just that a status update would be cool, because alot of further work requires this to be fixed before it can be started.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
New Converter
Leobloom, I've been messing with a drastically new version of the converter. I believe it converts more forms over now, but it gives me an error when converting over our master file. Will definitely let you guys know when we get it figured out, and will release it out for yall to try.
eloth
eloth's picture
bumpany news/updates? Is the

bump

any news/updates? how is land texturing progressing?

Is the plan to convert non convertable stuff into common static placeholders? That

would be the best and quickest solution for now, and later just add stuff manually(like books, activators)

and use search and replace in the creation kit.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Yes, I believe at least some
Yes, I believe at least some of the land textures are making it through now. I'm not sure if it's all, but I would assume so, at least from what I saw in the newly converted Oblivion master (looking in the CK not in game). And yes non convertible stuff will just have placeholders for now which we'll then replace with the appropriate ones. I can tell theyre doing this at least with trees.
Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Maybe you could modify the

Anyone planning on tree conversion ?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Contributor
sure is progressing very well

sure is progressing very well now just couldnt believe those cyrodiil pics looks absolutely gorgeous in Skyrim! :)

on another note, welcome back SB ;)

eloth
eloth's picture
i have uploaded the new

i have uploaded the new master: http://www.mediafire.com/?5vhu578u21e2vmq

Converted with chuvakin V0.95.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Contributor
excellent! thanks for this

excellent! thanks for this eloth! :)

is it still coc wrldmorrowind you need to type into the console?

eloth
eloth's picture
now you have to type coc

now you have to type coc and_wrldmorrowind :)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Contributor
haha i thought it might have

haha i thought it might have been different, thanks :)

EDIT: It's actually cow and_wrldmorrowind ;)

eloth
eloth's picture
I will use this esm to build

I will use this esm to build a master that use as much skyrim content as possible(clothes, armor, creatures etc)

And someone should lead a team that focus on converting as much content from morrowind as possible :)

EDIT: It seems that all npc stats and inventory is converted, we only need to change npcs from "creature" to

"race darkelf"(as an example)

Someone who is willing to do this job? Sadly this means that face appearance have to be tweaked, to make

unique npcs.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
As we already have a working

As we already have a working master [wihich I now twin with the Skyrim.esm master in my game,and have an esp using those two masters,[for info only if you don`t run it that way]].

I could make new esps for NPCs and give them races [like you state above] and try to do the same for cloths etc.

Those esps could then be merged to my work esp.?

BTW I use 2 masters because that way I have access to the Skyrim content in  the CK,and my game does not crash on loads that way.

Is it possible to do the jobs that you require using the method I have described.?

BTW for info only,I can now have the morrowind_sk.esp and the oblivion_sk.esp ticked and go to the AND_Tamriel world or the AND_morrowindwrld without problems as they are both using the skyrim.esm master along with there own masters.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Dang! Did you guys just load
Dang! Did you guys just load up Eloth's master and everything worked? I load it up in game and it crashes. I load it up in the CK and I don't see any meshes, although the missing meshes symbol doesn't show up. Do I have to make it dependent on the Skyrim esm? Like make it an esp that depends on Skyrim.esm? If so, how do I do that?
alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
hmm mine crashed too.
hmm mine crashed too.
alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
thats part of the reason why
thats part of the reason why i redownloaded skyrim altogether
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
This is how I did it but

This is how I did it but there are still a few missing textures,lights and some clutter.

1)open the CK and load Skyrim.esm.

2)Then leave Skyrim.esm ticked and load Morrowind_sk.esm.[it will take a while to load as it has to reload the skyrim master].

3)when the above is done save an esp named morrowind_sk.esp

Thats it.

You will [should] then have an esp to work on for futher additions like in my post above.

In game use only the esp as the masters will load automatically.

My game crashed on loads if I did it any other way.

You will need the textures folder from the main 053 morroblivion folder and the also the textures from the oblivion compress bsa and the SIs bsa loaded into the Skyrim Data folder before doing the above.

But this thread explains what is needed first.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/general/2474

The best way to do it,to be safe is to use the textures folder in thermador`s big 2.5GB download,as otherwise you will have problems digging out the morroblivion textures in your oblivion install.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
Frostmoth castle ingame. 

Frostmoth castle ingame.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
Balmora Temple ingame. 

Balmora Temple ingame.

eloth
eloth's picture
hmm, many cells around

hmm, many cells around pelagiad is empty, only land is there with this master i made :(

I will try to rerun the converter, and play around with some settings(if possible)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
I have started working on the

I have started working on the NPCs,by changing the races to the proper races instead of the Creature Race.

Have tried it out by putting Kunthar the Nord onto the streets of Pelagiad,if I can make him do exactly what he did in Morroblivion,I will start work on the others.

Trying to add cloths to the inventorys as I go through them,by sticking to the morro cloths.

eloth,

It does not matter if you have to put some skyrim based clothes into the master,as my esp will contain most of the morroblivion clothes,when I get it finished, [there are lots of NPC`s,LOL].

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
Kunthar in Pelagiad. 

Kunthar in Pelagiad.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Look great!

Looking good Ironman and Eloth! Now if I could only get that damn master file to work for me....

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
Do you have TES5Snip.?I have

I have listed the way to get it working in my above posts clint,but try this.

1)load skyrim.esm into the CK.

2)leave skyrim.esm ticked and load in the morrowind_sk.esm.

3)Save an esp named morrowind_sk,esp.

But first you will beed to copy the Textures folder from thermador`s big download to your skyrim Data folder.

Delete the Sky and Water folders from the Textures folder though,and check that those folders are not there after unpacking the bsa files also.

You will also need to unpack the oblivion compressed textures bsa and the SIs textures bsa to the skyrim Data folder.

But before you do any of the above install the meshes for morroskyrim that unknownone has posted in his thread. 

Best way to go is to start with not textures or meshes folders in the Skyrim Data folder,then you know that only the meshes and textures needed are there after doing the above.

hope that is easy to follow,it was hard to write.:)

Important,only tick the esp in the launcher,not the esm.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Ironman,If I load up

Ironman,

If I load up Skyrim.esm and Morrowind_sk.esm in the CK and save it (as Morrowind_sk.esp) the esp file is only 1KB. I guess that's because the plugin file relies on Morrowind_sk.esm.

Now if I load up Morrowind_sk.esm and Morrowind_sk.esp in game, the game crashes. If I load up just Morrowind_sk.esp, the game will run, but the console command "cow AND_WrldMorrowind" won't do anything.

What am I doing wrong?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
Are you trying to load

Are you trying to load skyrim.esm and morrowind_sk.esm into the CK at the same time [both ticked].

If so that is wrong.

Would it help if I put my esp on mediafire later.?

That way you only have to make sure that you have the latest master,and do the folders bit.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Go Eloth!!!I'm reallly glad

Go Eloth!!!

I'm reallly glad you were able to get that converter working, and those screenshots you posted on the other thread really got me excited.  Now we can work on Morrowind instead of Oblivion. :)

I have a question though.  Does the grass work everywhere?  I'm asking because the Oblivion masterfile did not get any converted grass, and it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Thanks, and I'll try that new file out as soon as I can.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Ironman, no I've tried
Ironman, no I've tried loading Skyrim.esm first then Skyrim and Morrowind_sk.esm afterwards, then saving an esp. When I load just the esp the game doesn't crash, but the command "cow AND_WrldMorrowind" doesn't work.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
Clint,Well at least the game

Clint,

Well at least the game does not crash now so try this.

Tick just the esp in the launcher.Only the esp.

Then do not try to load an old save.at the Main menu screen just press the tilde key and type COW AND_WrldMorrowind 0,0

That should work by putting you at the centre of and_wrldmorrowind.

I hope this works as it all works ok for me.

If for some reason that does not work,make sure that the morrowind_sk.esm is above the esp in the launcher load order.

Clint
Clint's picture
Contributor
Ok ironman, thanks bud!
Ok ironman, thanks bud!
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
GL,it should work though,if

GL,it should work though,if it does make a new save that you can use for morrowind.

One other thing,turn off FFAA and object fade in the advanced options in Skyrim,but only if you still can`t get into the world.

I have run out of ideas now,so I hope it worked.?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
About the NPC races and

About the NPC races and factions,is there a list of those on the morrowind wiki,or anywhere.?

I am having some problems trying to figure out who is in each race and faction in the game.

I need the info to use in the CK.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Contributor
clint,I have put my esp on

clint,

I have put my esp on mediafire if you want to try it.Link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mfraseyv382uhes

Didact1
Didact1's picture
Contributor
I believe you're looking for

I believe you're looking for this?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Morrowind-NPCs

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Hey everyone.  I'd just

Hey everyone.  I'd just really quickly like to say that the masterfile is awesome.  Especially after putting it through Oscape.  The distant LOD is much better than Oblivion's, and the map is even better.  I can post some pictures in a few hours, and the LOD if anyone wants it.  Thanks for reading. :)

eloth
eloth's picture
im just putting up some

im just putting up some screens here to show what i am doing these days, im going over all

meshes making them more skyrim compatible(meshes didnt have specularity, bump mapping, or tangent spaces when i started)

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Contributor
This is looking great.  If

This is looking great.  If nobody objects, I might try mocking up some Morrowind quests in the CK to be merged later (assuming I ever find that most elusive of resources--time).  The CK is fantastic, because it lets you build quests in a vacuum and plug the proper NPCs in later--so I could even test the quest to make sure it works using vanilla Skyrim NPCs if I wanted. :)

leobloom
leobloom's picture
Eloth. Looks absolutely

Eloth. Looks absolutely awesome. I think we should have another look at chuvakin though, to try and get those trees fixed. The collision meshes are also probably suboptimal aswell.

RammS
RammS's picture
Contributor
Yeah eloth!=) it's looks

Yeah eloth!=) it's looks really great!

eloth
eloth's picture
@leobloom:I think the trees

@leobloom:

I think the trees can be changed to speedtree, maybe make custom ones that has the same look and feel

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Awesome work Eloth!Thanks
Awesome work Eloth! Thanks for the work on those meshes, those screenshots look awesome. :) I don't know if you are aware, but some meshes have collision that shouldn't. Will you be fixing that as well? Also, I don't know how grass works. To get grass in those screenshots did you have to paint it by hand, if did you simply need to change some settings in the CK? Thanks for getting work started on this. Mooncat: If you can find the time that would be awesome! It will probably be awhile before I get the LOD and screenshots up, and in the meantime I'm going to get to work on getting doors teleporting correctly, starting in Seyda Neen and Balmora. Edit: I've been getting crashes randomly when opening crates, and I think some leveled item is bugged. Anyone else seeing this?
eloth
eloth's picture
i will look at collision

i will look at collision issues eventually, i have so far encountered some collision issues that needs to be

adressed.

Adding grass is real simple, just choose landtexture in cs, open its window, then choose which grass to

drag and drop into it.

Levelled lists is a mess right now, have to go through them and add missing content.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Contributor
@Mooncat i don't think anyone

@Mooncat i don't think anyone would object haha

Looks STUNNING, even better than Skyrim itself i must say, i especially like Vivec.

Pages

Topic locked