Last post
Ice
Ice's picture
[Outdated] Skywind Master v_00.95

S K Y W I N D   M A S T E R   F I L E

Download current Morrowind_sk.esm

Old link [v0.95]

Also might want to check out:

ps. Thanks for the awesome image, Iniquity! (I believe the above image is by here, if I'm wrong, please just edit me).

Edited by: thermador on 03/25/2013 - 15:41
Ice
Ice's picture
Regarding nameing cells, is

Regarding nameing cells, is it possible we can get the converter to name them? Trying to guess what cell it is just by looking at it could prove to be a nightmare.

Also, while Robert's esp opened fine for me in the CK, the game crashes when the mod is loaded. It's very possible its a compatability error or something... so I'll keep looking into it.

Clint
Clint's picture
Mooncat's ESM is still
Mooncat's ESM is still important because he made some adjustments to prepare for the converter. Also note that mine is an ESP, not an ESM. We should probably merge my esp into Mooncat's esm, and then clean it up and release it. No, we shouldn't have to rename the cells. Anruin said he's going to incorporate that feature in the next version of the converter, so when that happens, we'll just generate another esp file with fixed cell names, and merge that into the master. Same goes when land is fixed. At least I think that'll work, makes sense to me :)
Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet and sweet. Sounds like

Sweet and sweet. Sounds like a plan.

I'd really like to learn how to merge esms. Any idea where we go to learn that?

Also, at this point your esp looks great in the ck, but crashes on game load. Does it work for you?

Clint
Clint's picture
Doesn't TESEdit or TESnip
Doesn't TESEdit or TESnip clean esm's? I need to look for that still. But yeah, it crashes for me too.
Ice
Ice's picture
yeah, lets both look into

yeah, lets both look into that. I remember using tesedit to clean oblivion esps, but is there a tesedit for Skyrim? 
We need to know how to clean and merge esps.

ps. I'm jealous that you've been out of school for so long Robertneville. My final final is this thursday. =/ After that though, I'm hoping to jump on this more. :D 

Shadow
Shadow's picture
So I have been following this

So I have been following this project for some time now, and first I want to say what a great job everyone has done on the original Morroblivion.  I have absolutely no skills in modding, and I am in awe of everything that you have done so far.  I haven't commented until now because I usually have nothing to say that someone else doesn't already know, but I think I have something useful to say regarding the crashes on load up.

I downloaded Robert's .esp, and it crashed.  So I opened it up in the CK, and noticed one of the errors was about cells having identical names.  The CK being ever helpful renamed all of the cells.  So then I just saved with Morrowind_sk.esp as the active file, loaded up Skyrim, and used COC to travel to Morrowind.  This worked perfectly, however in the process the header was changed to match the file extension, so now my copy really is a .esm and somehow the file size was reduced by several megabytes.  So hopefully doing what I have said, if anything, will allow you to do some testing.

In addition to the missing ground from the conversion tool and all of the problems that I expected, there were some unexpected problems.  None of unknownone's converted meshes had collision, which was very problematic.  Also, the normal maps appear to be non-functional along with several textures not being recognized and appearing purple.  I just copied the textures straight from the complete installation, so all the paths should be correct.

Ice
Ice's picture
Way to enter a site barrels

Way to enter a site barrels blazing Shadow. :)

So basically, by opening the esp as active, it auto corrected the error and so when you saved it, the error that was causing the crash just died? Sweet!

Can you give us the file? (Upload to mediafire)

I'll be looking into the texture errors. If it's working for Unkownone, we probably both missed an install somewhere along the line. Then again if you directly copied the files, maybe not.

Collision. Oh dear collision. Did Anruin say we'll get that converted? Part of me thinks we won't since collision is so different this time around. I hope we can get it though, because that's going to be a MAJOR pain, lol.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Yea I just noticed the

Yea I just noticed the collision not working when I added some statics to a test world and could walk through all the buildings. I'm not entirely sure if the converter adds collision and if it does then it might be something wrong with the Temp.nif I am using for a base reference when running the NifConvert.exe. I'll take a look and play around with some settings. Hopefully we can get collision working because its kind of important. :)

Clint
Clint's picture
I'm still at work, but when I
I'm still at work, but when I get the chance I'll ask Macorn if his converter convert collision as well.
unknownone
unknownone's picture
Yes his converter does

Yes his converter does collision. I just realized that the Temp.nif in the folder is what the collision in the converted meshes is going to be. I did a ash log for the converted mesh and then a Markarth tower for the Temp.nif and the log had a large circular collision that was way farther out than the log itself. Basically it took the collision of the tower and put it on the log, which does not work. I'm pretty sure I just fixed the problem, and I got my ChunkMerge to work so I'll test some more things and if collision starts working like it should then I will upload new meshes. 

Clint
Clint's picture
Thank you do much Unknown
Thank you do much Unknown :) When I get Max 2012 installed, I'll take a look at all these nif issues as well.
Shadow
Shadow's picture
So apparently my internet

So apparently my internet connection does not like uploading to mediafire.  I will have access to a better connection tomorrow morning so I can upload my .esm then.  Though I assume doing what I did should work for anyone. Perhaps someone else could try and see if it works for them.

Another problem that I did not expect to see appeared.  None of the doors that I tried teleported to another cell.  In game they just acted like statics, so I checked in the CK and none of them are set to teleport.  This may just be because all of the cells were renamed, but I really have no clue why.

For those who do not believe:

(These are shown with only the first download of meshes)

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Nice! If you are using my

Nice! If you are using my meshes, do those have no collisions as well? I figured out how to add collisions but when I do that the mesh gets completely distorted. But anyways, definitely looks good and looking forward to playing around with that .esm when you can upload it.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
The meshes in the first

The meshes in the first download that you put up have no collision (at least the ones I have checked).  Due to my slow internet I have not checked the second file yet, but I will bet that they don't as well.

The pictures look great, but there isn't really much to do except reminisce yet.  I am really looking forward to the next version of Anruin's converter, where we can begin to do some more serious work.

EDIT:

Here the link to the .esm

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5rl9se689kfgyi5

And here is the link to a VERY simple travel mod that changes the editor ID of one cell

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?itok711c4ixrku7

Just coc WildernessAAA to be transported to Seyda Neen

Clint
Clint's picture
Guys, good work on everything
Guys, good work on everything so far! Unfortunately work is killing me right now since it consumes most of my normal day, but I'll look into these mesh collision problems as soon as I can.
Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Just a heads up--there's not

Just a heads up--there's not much worth merging from the original .esm file I created.  I just put it together as a working base.  All it contains is a global variable and voice types for all of the Morrowind races.

Besides, as far as I know, we don't have a good way to merge plugins yet.  Unfortunately, TESVSnip is bugged and should not be used under any circumstances--I know TESGecko and TESEdit are in the works, but how soon we'll have them, I don't know.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
I've got the whole day off

I've got the whole day off tomorrow, and so I will take a look at the mesh collision issues. 

Clint
Clint's picture
Crud, so we're just going to
Crud, so we're just going to be working off plugins for now? Anyways, Mooncat, how do you make a master file? That way we can make the current Morrowind_sk.esp into a master, and build off that?
Shadow
Shadow's picture
I don't know why this

I don't know why this happens, but when you save a file in the creation kit that is marked in the header as a .esp , but the file extension is a .esm, it is automatically converted to a .esm.  At least that is what happened with my morrowind_sk.esp when I saved it to correct the duplicate cell name issue (what I believe is the cause of the crashing on loadup).  This may work for you.

Edit:

Oh, and unknownone, I hope you make some progress, and I really appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this.  Your work is essentially laying the foundation for everything to come.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Wrye Smash should work... But

Wrye Smash should work... But you might have to get the svn version, since Skyrim itself has been updated since Wrye Smash last was.  And I've never grabbed the svn version before, so I'm not sure how that works... ^^;

If you rename the file to .esm, will the CK convert the header properly?  I'd be a little weary of that.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yeah I was wondering about

Yeah I was wondering about that.  My masterfile ended up about 35.9 megabytes smaller that the original converted one.  This is odd because everything seems to work ingame, but something pretty bad could have happened that I just don't know about.  However I do remember Anruin saying something about how the output size of the files wasn't what he expected.  Could this be the problem?  In any case, doing it manually would probably be much safer than my method. :)

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Ground is definately missing

Ground is definately missing SB,as I can see objects,but all land is sea,in my game and in the CK.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Actually, it is only mostly

Actually, it is only mostly missing.  I just wandered onto a big patch of working ground outside of Ald-ruhn last night.  Not to mention the fact that Anruin said this would be fixed in the next version. :)

Ice
Ice's picture
Shadow:Last night I tried to

Shadow:

Last night I tried to make Morrowind_sk.esp active and save it, and my set failed to save...

Mooncat: Thanks for the heads up on the esm and the tools. Yeah, we're definitly going to need to merge...

I so badly want to spend more time on here and less studying for my final final thursday. XD

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks for the info SB. That

Thanks for the info SB. That really is strange how we lose data size....

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Is there a download for

Is there a download for Chuvakin? It would be cool to check it out and see how it's doing the conversion.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Oh ok, it sounds like an

Oh ok, it sounds like an interesting tool. I know C but I've never touched C++ before, I'm not sure how different they are.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
S.B.  Glad to see that saving

S.B.  Glad to see that saving in the creation kit reduced the file size for someone else and it was not just my setup acting weird.  But I wonder what is being lost in those 35 megabytes.

Ice:  That is really strange.  If that does not work have you tried out my version that I uploaded (a few posts back).  I wouldn't use it as a base .esm, but it should be useful to test fixes and additions to the morrowind world.

Unknownone:  I think that I have a copy of the converter lying around somewhere on my computer, I'll see if I can find it and then I can PM you with the link.

Clint
Clint's picture
Newest available version
Actually I have the newest (v93) so I'll post that up as soon as I get home.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
unknownone,The main

unknownone,

The main differences between "C" and "C++" is that C is more or less a variable/function/ driven lanquage,but C++ is an object orientated lanquage that uses classes etc,it would take a book to explain,but let`s just say that C++ is years ahead of C,but C++ still retains some the workings of C.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Ah ok that would help explain

Ah ok that would help explain why its used mainly for applications and such, I wrote in C for scientific purposes. I'm assuming that C++ is then very similar to Java? I played around with Android app development, but do not know much Java.

Shadow: Thanks! That would be really cool if you still have it laying around.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Yeah! I suppose you could say

Yeah! I suppose you could say that C++ is simular to Java,But Java is used mainly [these days anyway] for web based use to link to Java based functions to run online apps etc.

C++ uses a lot of resouces that get embedded into the app and C++ can be very usefull for making apps run on cross platforms,like UNIX,win32/64, etc by embedding sensing code etc for each OS etc.

But hey,this is getting way too techy,LOL.:)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Unknownone:  I found it, but

Unknownone:  I found it, but I think we might as well wait for Robert to upload the newest version if that is okay.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Could you send it if its not

Could you send it if its not to much trouble? I don't have to have it but I'd like to just look at things and see what they are doing. I'm not going to try to add new stuff though. Thanks!

Clint
Clint's picture
Download Chuvakin v93
Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
@robertneville777:I would

@robertneville777:

Chuvakin v0.93 gives an ERROR and creates only an 1.730.386 bite file.

Clint
Clint's picture
Readme and Conditions of Use
SB, did you read the readme I included with v93? Also, did you read Anruin's readme in v90?
Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
Yup I did Read the readme

Yup I did Read the readme v0.90 is working perfectly, v0.93 is not.
it has the exact same setup.

Clint
Clint's picture
Readme v90 has the Conditions
Readme v90 has the Conditions and Terms under which this program can be used. Basically how we use it is our responsibility, not the creators. It also says the app is free distribute. The little Readme in v93 that I put in says to put the ini on your desktop, configure it there, and then run Chuvakin.
Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
Got it to work, well I think

Got it to work, well I think its working now, at least no ERROR showing up at start.

Apparently the Chuvakin.exe does not like it when I call its folder [Chuvakin v0.93 Alpha], but Chuvakin.exe v0.90 works fine in folder [Chuvakin v0.90 Alpha]. I now removed the DOT from the folder names.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
V0.93 is giving me an

V0.93 is giving me an "msvcp100D.dll is missing" error message.?

Clint
Clint's picture
Ironman, I thought it
Ironman, I thought it wouldn't need it, but I'll upload v93 again with those other files. Weird it works for everyone else though.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! Robert,I think it`s

Thanks! Robert,I think it`s because I have a more up to date C++ redist installed.

I am putting the ini onto the desktop.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Could you post here when it`s

Could you post here when it`s ok for me to dowmload again please Robert.?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Hey, just a quick question. 

Hey, just a quick question.  Does anyone here have the changelog for the new version of the converter?  Like any new things that are converted, or bug fixes.

Clint
Clint's picture
v90 to v93
It's usually in the readme, but with v93 there really isn't one. I think from v90 to v93 it's mainly streamlining the code and better commenting on the code.
Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
I am not complaining, only

I am not complaining, only observing.

I used:

Chuvakin v0.93 Alpha

Renamed: 

Morrowind_ob.esm

Into:

TES4.esp ( 81.120.230 bites ) ~ 77,3MB

Placed it in folder: