Pages

199 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shadow
Shadow's picture
[Obsolete] Skyblivion Installation Instructions

Thread is Obsolete, see HERE for latest Skyblivion download.

Edited by: Shadow on 03/31/2013 - 15:33
Shadow
Shadow's picture
No comments? I knew that

No comments? :(

I knew that part about the nirnroot would scare people off...

Numerical
Numerical's picture
Oh, we were supposed to

Oh, we were supposed to reply? Sorry! Awesome guide, by the way, loved the Nirnroot part.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Yes very good guide, yep i

Yes very good guide, yep i ran a mile with that nirnroot comment. haha they always frustrated me, especially that darn quest in Oblivion would take me forever to do.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yeah, I thought it was a good

Yeah, I thought it was a good comedic way to end the guide.  But it is still a valid warning, unless my game just really hates nirnroots.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Haha your game is cursed by

Haha your game is cursed by ninroot. :)

Saves people the frustrations of many crashes by not knowing this so good job, i know it would have certainly frustrated me.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, I have reduced my

Well, I have reduced my crashes to basically 0, and from what I've found the main problems are problems with meshes.  Specifically the two below, plus nirnroot.

Clutter\MiddleClass\MiddleBarrelTopped01.NIF

Clutter\MiddleClass\MiddleBarrelTopped02.NIF

Before, I would get a crash every time I looked at them, and after switching models, the game runs perfectly.  Can some people check in their games to make sure they get crashes looking at them as well?  Both of those models can be found in the IC waterfront district.  Thanks a lot, if I'm right Cyrodiil is about to get more stable than Skyrim (which is really stable for me).

Numerical
Numerical's picture
Yes, those barrels crash my

Yes, those barrels crash my game too. Did you try swithching the Nirnroot model with the Skyrim one? Maybe it'll fix the Nirnroot crashes too.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Way ahead of you. Uploading

Way ahead of you. :)

Uploading a file that changes the filepaths on the barrels to MiddleBarrelTopped03.NIF, which is a working Oblivion barrel mesh, and the nirnroot file path to the Skyrim one.  Have yet to actually test the nirnroot fix, but the barrels work great.

And here it is:

Moved up top :)

Edit:

My Nirnroot fix does indeed work.  Man, Oblivion ingredients look horrible compared to the Skyrim ones.  Perhaps I'll try to fix that.....

Numerical
Numerical's picture
Could you please put them in

EDIT: Sorry, I'm retarded.

Also, thanks, you're awesome. I could replace the ingredients if you don't mind me helping. Oh, and it also crashes when reading the Gray Fox posters on the walls!

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, so far I have already

Well, so far I have already replaced several ingredients with models that haven't been converted over yet.  Including all variants of:

Sweetrolls, tomatos, trollfat, vampiredust, voidsalts, lettuce, potatos, and wheat.

I am mostly just worried about those without models first, then I might replace some that already do have models, but I think I have that covered.  Thanks for asking though.  However, if you can think of a good Skyrim replacement model for some of the ones I haven't done yet (that don't have working models), please tell me, because I think I am running out of good models.

Also, thanks for the tip on the Gray Fox.  I'm not sure if I can fix that, but I'll look into it.

Edit:

I will upload the file after I have tested it a bit.  And Numerical, perhaps you could start on misc items that don't yet have models that are converted over?

What I have done is extract the Skyrim - meshes.bsa into a separate area, and found the folders with meshes related to what I am doing, then move those into my meshes directory (I have tried to keep it organized with a Obliviskyrim folder as seen in my barrels fix, so please follow that).  Then I go through the section I am working on one by one, checking to see if there are any missing meshes.  If there aren't press cancel on your way out or you will have a dirty edit, which we don't want.  Make sure you only use very similar models so it doesn't look bad, and when you are done, delete all of the extra models that you haven't used.  Pressing the create .bsa button is helpful because it tells you exactly what you have used.  Once that is done, test ingame and then upload.  Hope this walkthrough was helpful.

Numerical
Numerical's picture
Aww, I was just starting to

Aww, I was just starting to replace the ingredients with the Skyrim ones. I'll do it anyway because I'm bored.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Your fine as long as they

Your fine as long as they aren't the ones I already did.

I am officially in stability/alchemists paradise.  Not a single crash, and no creatures interrupting my ingredient gathering.  Funny story though, all of my NPCs are still static horse models, and I go and take some stuff from a barrel marked as owned, then all of the sudden the horse starts turning to face me (they've never moved before), and I get the red enemy markers, but then I can't kill it because it has no collision.

In other news, the gray fox poster does crash, so I'll have a look at it in just a moment, and upload my ingredients.

Here is the link to my ingredients mod:

I couldn't figure out the Gray Fox, though I bet it has to do with the picture, could anyone else have a look at this?

Now I am working on something a little bit more substantial, teleportation.  As in door teleportation.  First I'm going to make all major worldspaces accessible (cities), and then I might move on to individual buildings.  So far I have done... Bruma.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I can`t download those files

I can`t download those files from google docs,if I use the pulldown menu download option [top left],it gives an error.

If I try each download menu at the end of each file line,it gives an error.

Any chance that they can be put on mediafire.?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Ironman:  I would much rather

Ironman:  I would much rather not.  Mediafire hasn't been able to download a single file onto my computer for the last several months, and I have had to result to using my phone/internet in other places.  But I guess that is my problem.  I will put some mediafire mirrors up shortly for you and anyone else who has problems with google docs.

I have hit about the 50% point on my door teleporting mod, so I will upload for people to test.  Currently it includes Anvil, Bruma, and most of the Imperial City.  Though keep in mind this is just for connecting worldspaces.  I might work on getting into individual cells later once I'm finished with this part though.

Edit:  Here are some Mediafire mirrors

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Here is version 1.1 of my

Here is version 1.1 of my door links mod.  This one completes the entire Imperial City, including the university and prison (man that is what I call a puzzle).  Now only a few more cities are left.  Any problems with the first one, or this one after you try it?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks for the work,and the

Thanks for the work,and the mediafire links.:)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Don't mention it. I'm just

Don't mention it. :)

I'm just trying to get this project off of the ground, and hoping some more people will upload some simple mods like I am doing.  We've had this converter for too long without any mods to make the experience better, and that really needs to change.

Edit:

Say, would anyone like my CTD reducing, and NPC/Creature Horses mods?  The first gives a good portion of the items with error markers/ strange purple box models the model of a simple Skyrim bench.  It isn't pretty, but it works really well.  For instance, I couldn't enter the Imperial City Prison without it.  The second makes all creatures and NPCS into static horses.  This is simply so you can see where they will be when we get around to giving them correct properties.

Edit2:

I have uploaded a new mod that is combined with my previous ingredients mod.  Look at the first post for more details.

Sorry about that, now it actually is up in the first post. :)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Hey everyone, so I am going

Hey everyone, so I am going to be gone for the rest of the week, and am unlikey to finish anything substantial before then.  I have given some things for you to work with, and I hope by the time I am back things will be much further along.  :)

I did everything up top in a semi-productive day, and if everyone picks something to do, we could get a lot accomplished.  Specifically, I am wondering if anyone would like to pick up on my door links mod. It has only a few more cities left to go, and it shouldn't take to long.  Then if that gets done, would someone like to begin the interior to exterior door links mod?  Something got bugged in the conversion I think, and only the interior doors are set to teleport.  However, this means you know exactly what cell goes to what, so It shouldn't take as much thought processing as piecing together the Imperial City. :)

Here is the method I thought up if the person doing the second door links mod wants to use it (bear with me, as it might take a few read throughs to understand these instructions) :)   Start in the interior cells, and pick the one you want to do first.  Select the door going to the outside, and press the button that takes you to the door it is teleporting to. Double click on that door, and with both GUIs open, press the button in the first door's GUI that takes you back to it.  In that first door, uncheck the teleport box, and then save and exit that GUI.  In the second GUI that you opened, check the teleport box, and select the original door as the door it will teleport to.  Position the new marker showing where you will teleport to, then in that second GUI, press the button bringing you back outside, exit the GUI, and then place the teleport marker.  Save, and then that door should now work ingame.

It may not be the best method, and I found it hard to write instructions for, so don't feel pressed to use it. :)

Alright then, I look forward to seeing what you guys can do. :)

platapus94
platapus94's picture
I'm going to try this out but

I'm going to try this out but so far I love what I'm reading. I really appreciate the work you've done and hope that I can also try to chip in

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Thanks for the guide. But is

Thanks for the guide. But is it just me, or does the Obliviskyrim Crash Fixes download link not work? How do I download it?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
There are two different

There are two different links.  Have you tried both of them?

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Yes, I have. The MediaFire

Yes, I have. The MediaFire link says the file is invalid or deleted. The other link brings me here: https://drive.google.com/start?authuser=0#home

Edit: After clicking around on the second link, it finally went to the correct page. I got it now, thanks.

I still got a question though, should I put the meshes into Meshes/Obliviskyrim or just replace the original ones?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Just throw them in your data

Just throw them in your data folder.  The folders are all in the right spots.  While the meshes are just stock Oblivion and Skyrim, I decided to make duplicates, just to keep things easy and organized.

Great name by the way, change maybe one letter, and it would probably be one of the best names around :p

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Downloading the files just

Downloading the files just downloads the mesh, not any folders. So should the barrel go to Meshes / Obliviskyrim / Clutter / Container / middlebarreltopped03.nif ?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
That's really weird, but yeah

That's really weird, but yeah you got the directory right.  Did you get the nirnroot mesh as well?  If not your .rar file just might be corrupted.

While I'm here... Just so everyone knows, Skyrim still does not like loading the new Morroskyrim/Skywind master alongside the Oblivion one, so nothing there has changed from the first post.

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Yeah, I got the nirnroot too.

Yeah, I got the nirnroot too. I need the esp too, right?

Edit: I was downloading the files wrong. Didn't know there was a download button to download all of the files at once.

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Should I be seeing red

Should I be seeing red markers all over the place? I'm seeing x marker headings in some locations, just like I'm viewing it from the CK or something.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I think we can all see those

I think we can all see those red markers,they are direction markers,but you are correct they should not be visible in the game.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yeah they are normal.  I

Yeah they are normal.  I switched models in a different .esp, so they aren't so evident, but I don't think that it is upload worthy.

rubiksman333
rubiksman333's picture
What's the dealio?

So I thought I installed everything right, but when I try to load a save file, it crashes after the loading screen, and when I try to start a new game, I get about 3-4 errors in a row, then it just sits there showing the skyrim logo, and nothing happens. Anybody know what's up?

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Have you tried putting your

Have you tried putting your character in an interior and then saving and then try to download all of it? Also be sure you deleted the Sky and Water folder from the Oblivion textures.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
There are some guys that can

There are some guys that can just tick the Oblivion_sk.esm in the launcher and it all works fine for them.

But I had the same problem as you are getting rubiksman333,so I do it a different way now and it works for me.

1) Open the CK and load in the Skyrim.esm.

2)After Skyrim.esm has loaded,leave it ticked and load Oblivion_sk.esm

3)After Oblivion_sk.esm has loaded,save an esp file named oblivion_sk.esp.

Run Skyrim,but this time only tick the oblivion_sk.esp [not the esm].

At the main menu screen press the tilde key and type COW AND_Tamriel 5,10

If you are now on the water front then save a new save.

Hopefully you can just get back by using that save next time.

Hope this works for you,but make sure that you have not ticked the morrowind_sk.esm or the oblivion_sk.esm,only use your new esp file.

GL.

steph
steph's picture
Nirnroot? Nirnroot?

Nirnroot? Nirnroot?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Nirnroot? Nirnroot? ! Is

Nirnroot? Nirnroot? ! Is there a Nirnroot attack...help!.:)

Shasow
Shasow's picture
Whether you subscribe to my

Whether you subscribe to my theory or not, one thing is certain; the nirnroot is on a path to destruction.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I was just kidding Shasow.

I was just kidding Shasow.

Shasow
Shasow's picture
One does not simply kid about

One does not simply kid about the Nirnroot. :) If one does, that one may find an arrow in their knee.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
LOL!. I used to be an

LOL!.:) I used to be an adventurer like you before I took that arrow.

But hey! someone stole my sweetroll.:)

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
Nirmroot? NIRMROOT?

Nirmroot? NIRMROOT? NIRMROOT!

but really, I wanted to know how to make an Oblivion_sk.esp that I can load in the creation kit without needing the original Oblivion_sk.esm. The esm version seem to glitch(as in freezes game) when ever I try to fix some of the bugs in it(door and ncps).  so i was wondering if(or how) you can convert the Oblivion_sk.esm to an esp (so I can edit it directly, not from seperate esp)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Do you have TESVSnip

Do you have TESVSnip Supreme.?

If so load the oblivion_sk.esm into it,then highlight it and save it out as oblivion_sk.esp.

Then try to load the oblivion_sk.esp you just made into the CK.

But being an esp,it might then become dependent on the skyrim master esm.

Ooops! I just tried using TESVSnip,it saves out as an esp,but the CK is still using it as a master,so I quess that will not work.

What we need is a proper tool to change an [esm to esp] or [esp to esm] in TESV,is there one out there yet.?

Shasow
Shasow's picture
You shouldn't use TESVSnip.

You shouldn't use TESVSnip. It corrupts plugins and whatnot.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
WE need TESVEdit,but it ain`t

We need TESVEdit,but it ain`t out yet.?.:(

SupremeEpicness
what about tesvgecko/wyre

What about tesvgecko/wyre bash, will they convert it to esp without corrupting it.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I have not tried TESVGecko

I have not tried TESVGecko yet,but it might do it I quess.

SupremeEpicness
okay When I change to esp

okay When I change to esp with tesvsnip I get a 300mb(ish) size file, which is much larger the the origanal but when I use tesvgecko I get a 230mb(ish) file, which is the same as the origanal file. I have not test this new file in the creation kit yet, but it looks like it should work. :D

Shasow
Shasow's picture
I've never heard of

I've never heard of TESVGecko, but I know for a fact that Wyre Bash would work.

SupremeEpicness
Really? Dose it load in the

Really? Dose it load in the creation kit? I seemed to have misplced my new Oblivion_sk.esp file so I didn't test it yet. if wyre bash works fine, as you say, then I could just use that. :)

Edit: I've tried using wrye bash it seems crash the creation kit mid-way through the loading process. I think I might have done smthing wrong.

Shasow
Shasow's picture
What do you mean "Load in the

What do you mean "Load in the Creation Kit"? Wyre Bash is an external program.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
How are you getting TESVGecko

How are you getting TESVGecko to save out an esp,the versions that I downloaded from the Dark Creations site do not have any save or saveAs options.?

I can only view the contents not save out a new one.

SupremeEpicness
@shasow: "By load in the

@shasow: "By load in the creation kit" I mean run the esp file in the creation kit, like making edits to it or somthing.

@ironman12345: I really not sure how to work tesvgecko but I have I (semi)working esp file that I made with it. Also the developers of tesvgecko said you can make esp from an esm or vice versa. I made the file I while ago. The power went out for my block for like a day after I made which is why I'm just now am talking about it.

Pages

Topic locked