Clint's picture
Am I supposed to put that up?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Clint wrote:Am I supposed to

Clint wrote:

Yes, get to work you slacker! Just kidding. I just found it funny, because I kinda seen it coming a mile away.

Also, I started on Dark Elf males finally, and ugh, I don't like how they're coming out.
dvize
dvize's picture
Naming Convention

What is the file naming convention?

looks like

<race> - <gender> - <charlevel> - <name>

Can't seem to download anyone elses older updates for some reason to cross verify.

dvize
dvize's picture
Naming Convention

double post

Mehh
Mehh's picture
You may as well remove the

You may as well remove the little note about the Telvanni factions since the guy ragequitted.

andynev1
andynev1's picture
Could we use this for

Could we use this for almalexia? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24840

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Well after ragequitting a few

Well after ragequitting a few times, I finally finished up Dark Elf male v to z. I guess they can be redone if some are fugly as hell! xD

http://www.filedropper.com/darkelfmalevtoz

Clint
Clint's picture
Awesome Mehh! If they'er

Awesome Mehh! If they'er fuglier than a mofo, we'll fix them up later ;)

Mehh
Mehh's picture
So I've been told to
Mehh
Mehh's picture
I suppose I'll take Dark Elf

I suppose I'll take Dark Elf males KL and U!

Suade
Suade's picture
Hey guys! I'm new to this but

Hey guys! I'm new to this but I suppose I have to start from somewhere. I'll start going down the list and taking more as I progress. For now, I'll take AshGhoul Male   and DagothRace Male. If I understand the tutorial this should be quick for me but we'll see!  

A few questions:

1.) If most of the npc's are done (what it looks like according to the first post) are we waiting until they are completely finished before putting them in game? How do they determine where the go, walk around, ect? 

2.) Do I have to merge anything after I finish with the npc's? Once I'm finished am I uploading morrowind_sk.esm here for you guys to combine it with the other npc's finished? Or is it a different file?

Let me know, I really appreciate you guys letting me work on this amazing project! :)

Clint
Clint's picture
All right, Suade and Mehh are

All right, Suade and Mehh are signed up, main updated (:

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Suade wrote:Hey guys! I'm new

Suade wrote:

Hey guys! I'm new to this but I suppose I have to start from somewhere. I'll start going down the list and taking more as I progress. For now, I'll take AshGhoul Male   and DagothRace Male. If I understand the tutorial this should be quick for me but we'll see!  

A few questions:

1.) If most of the npc's are done (what it looks like according to the first post) are we waiting until they are completely finished before putting them in game? How do they determine where the go, walk around, ect? 

2.) Do I have to merge anything after I finish with the npc's? Once I'm finished am I uploading morrowind_sk.esm here for you guys to combine it with the other npc's finished? Or is it a different file?

Let me know, I really appreciate you guys letting me work on this amazing project! :)

1. I don't even know myselff
2. You just load Skyrim/Morrowin's esms in the CK, make the npcs, save te esp./face gen data stuff, rar it, and upload it to a file hosting site. Be sure to be your rars, just in case your file hosted rar is dead.
Suade
Suade's picture
Okay so for the Ash Ghoul

Okay so for the Ash Ghoul race, what would their classes be in the creation kit? This particular one only does melee damage. Like what class is the typical melee enemy, spell enemy, ect?

If the ash ghoul race is technically an enemy creature, why is it in this npc thread? The only purpose of this creature is to kill it for a soul gem for a quest.

Thanks!

Suade
Suade's picture
Like for example this

Like for example this guy:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Dagoth_Velos

His name is Dagoth but he is an ash ghoul. And according to TES Construction Set, there are many ash ghouls, more than 3. Are the 3 listed only npc's and not creatures? Am I missing something here? Sorry I want to help and I watched the video but this is a little off the tutorial. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I think the plan is to

I think the plan is to convert the creatures from Morroblivion to Skywind(I could be wrong). Now you know why nobody chose any of those npcs. =p You can always pm Clint.

Suade
Suade's picture
Mehh wrote:I think the plan

Mehh wrote:

I think the plan is to convert the creatures from Morroblivion to Skywind(I could be wrong). Now you know why nobody chose any of those npcs. =p You can always pm Clint.

Yes I do! I cannot figure out which are npc's and which are creatures, what race they are considered, ect. I'm going to talk to Clint about it.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
This is just my 2 cents

This is just my 2 cents worth,so feel free to correct me if I got it wrong.

At this time all NPCS that are being converted are put into esp files [or will be].

Creatures are NPC`s so they can be done the same way.

But at this time there is not a section for each race of NPC or creature in the mod,because if you just load morrowind_sk.esm into the CK,all NPC`s are on the same section,I think it is a beasts section.

So when all NPC`s and creatures are finished they will have to be in there correct places in the CK.?

Suade
Suade's picture
I think you are right.

I think you are right. However I am very new to this so I could be wrong!

I'm confused as to what I do for the ash ghoul creatures. I assume the three ash ghouls Ice lsited are NPC's and the rest are creatures. Since this thread is worrying about npc's I'll see if I can find and edit those 3. There's also the matter of the Dagoth. All the ash ghoul race names start with Dagoth - so what is the Dagoth race? Can't seem to find that either. Added Clint on skype so I'll be in touch with him.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
I don't have much time, so I

I don't have much time, so I will be quick.

Why in the world are you even trying to do Ash Gouls and the Dagoth Races!?!  We can't do those until someone creates a custom race for them.  Trying to do them now will get you nowhere.

Pick a race for which there is a Skyrim equivalent (basically only Dark Elves now), and work on that instead.  It will save you a lot of pain and suffering, I promise.  :)

Also, in Skyrim NPCs and Creatures are exactly the same thing.  There is 0 difference between the two.

Suade
Suade's picture
I figured as much, I was

I figured as much, I was wondering from the get go how I was going to make an ash goul face in the CK O.o I'm new to this so bare with me I'm still learning :) 

Ah I see, so if we make a custom race we can use those for the ash ghoul creatures THEN we can create the npc's. No one told me so I just picked the first ones!! lol 

Alright Ice, I'll take Dark Elf male M-T instead and you can take me off the Ash ghoul and Dagoth for now :P sorry for the confusion. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Errr... I wouldn't suggest

Errr... I wouldn't suggest taking that many letters. M-T is A LOT of npcs. Also, speaking of npcs, I wonder if the people making the Khajit's, Nord males, and such have ragequit yet. =p

Suade
Suade's picture
Okay, that makes sense!I'll

Okay, that makes sense!

I'll just go down by each letter for now, starting with M only. So I'll upload one everytime I finish a letter and see how far I get. Why would they ragequit? Too hard? haha

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Not hard, just tedious xD

Not hard, just tedious xD

Suade
Suade's picture
Got it. Okay I'm a little

Got it. Okay I'm a little confused with selecting a class though. For this guy:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mabarrabael

Would his class be 0hunter? What does the 0 prefix mean? 

Or should I just leave the stats tab entirely alone? Since it says in the first post we don't know which skyrim class correlates to morrowind. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
0hunter, yes. Leave his stats

0hunter, yes. Leave his stats alone, and make sure auto calculate stat is checked.

First few npcs are tough, but afterwards it becomes second nature.

Not to sure about 0 prefix, where does it say that at?

Suade
Suade's picture
Under the classes tab,

Under the classes tab, there's a whole bunch of classes with the 0 prefix: 0mage, monk, 0nightblade. Those are only a few, then you have stuff like combatwarrior combatmage. I'm not sure what the differences are with a lot of the classes.

So after 30 I'll have 30 esp's and and 1 .dds and .tga for each esp? How would you like me to put it in a rar? 

Example:

Dark Elf Males M.rar

NPC->esp, .dds, and .tga

NPC->esp, .dds and .tga

where -> signifies a folder

Is this the right way to make the rar, one giant file full of each esp and face gen data individually, or can you merge them? 

Thanks for the help :D

Suade
Suade's picture
Okay, now I'm trying to save

Nevermind, can  save esp normally now, but do I have to redo the face gen even though I exported the .dds and .tga? So in the creation kit I didn't touch the facial features but I have them exported. Do I still need to redo them?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
You'll end up with a huge

You're end up with a huge folder full of the facegen data. I doubt you'll have to re-export them. Also, when you finish an npc, just export the face gen data -> save the npc -> start on the next npc. You don't have to have 1 npc per esp.

Suade
Suade's picture
Well I was saving after every

Well I was saving after every npc in case CK crashes. Can I just overwrite the esp after I finish the next npc? And it will still have both done?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
As long as you saved your

As long as you saved your npc, your npc won't be lost in a crash. And yes, it's a good idea to save after finishing each npc.

Suade
Suade's picture
I just looked at one of the

I just looked at one of the rar's you uploaded as an example Where did the nif's come from? 

Edit: Ok, I see. I was wondering why when I exited and reloaded my skyrim.esm and morrowind_sk.esm the npc's didn't reflect any changes. It saves to the esp, but not to the master files, is that correct? So I can't actually load the esp when I'm working on the esp because it won't allow me to save, which happened last time. 

So how come when I load the esp I saved by itself none of the npc's I edited come up, or anything else for that matter? Sorry for the noobish questions! :P I'm just concerned I'm not doing this right and it's an empty esp file. 

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
When you first load the

When you first load the Skyrim.esm & Morrowind_sk.esm you then made your NPC changes and edits.?

Then you save an esp [which does not change the masters in any way],that is correct.

But when you reload the esp it should reload the masters as it is dependent on them,so you only have to make the esp the active file.

That esp should have your changes in it though.

When any esp is loaded as active,the content of the esp [NPC`S etc] should have an * mark to the right in the CK.

Suade
Suade's picture
When I loaded the esp, I

When I loaded the esp, I loaded it without the masters. That's why it didn't show anything. 

So what I'm doing is, loading skyrim.esm and morrowind_sk.esm, and I'm saving changes to my esp. When I first opened the two master's with the CK, I didn't load the esp. After I saved the npc to the esp, I clicked data (just to see what files it was using) and NOW the esp is loaded. 

And it has that mark. Count: 1*

Okay, a couple questions now that I have done 10 NPC's or so.

1.) Is it ok that I'm directly copying the classes from Morrowind to the CK? Like that have probably no correlation to Skyrim classes, such as 0hunter, 0farmer and 0acrobate? What about a trader service, who sells a varity of general goods, what does that become in the CK?

2.) Is there a way to put earrings on an NPC without any other tool besides the CK? I have the nifs from a mod but I have no idea how to add them to just one npc. You can't edit NPC's ears in the CK (not in Character Gen Parts or Gen Morphs) so I'm guessing there isn't a way.

3.) What about NPC's that have multiple classes? In morrowind, Maeonius Yentimilal's class is a scout according to UESP.net, but he is also a minor trainer in long blade, athletics, and block. How does that correlate to the CK? Should I just leave him as 0scout for now?

thanks for further helping me get this done!

Edit: So far 11 NPC's finished in about an hour, with 2 in question that I may have to go back to! I don't plan on ragequitting if I try to do at least 15 a day I should be fine :) 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
1. Yes! Just use the

1. Yes! Just use the 0classes. 0 basically means Morrowind. Having 0 infront of stuff makes it easier for us to find Morrowind stuff, hence why it's before the npc's names and maps.

2. Sadly no, we'll have to worry about that stuff later. I can't even add scars to my npcs, and trust me I've tried to figure out why. The CK can make simple things so annoying, like making your own custom colored hair. Yet at the same time, making your own custom skin tone is a few clicks. >_>

3. Yes, just leave him a as a scout. Just worry about their classes. Plus he'd beat the shit out of you if you did try to ask for training help. =p I always found those types of things quite dumb. Why would they make an aggressive npc a trainer?

11 in an hour is quite nice, it'll soon become second nature to you. =p It's a really easy job, just becomes tedious, and I tend to get paranoid of my npcs looking fugly, which can slow me down. But hey, if one looks bad, someone will fix it in the future.
The first time I made npcs, I made the Orc ladies, and once my CK crashed and I lost a few npcs(I forgot why). I ended up paranoid, and saved the npc, and closed the CK afterwards. At the end I had 50 esps, one each npc, and boy was it super tedious. Then I started doing things the proper way, and ended up with 2 esps for 80 npcs. Sped things up quite a bit!

Speaking of fixing npcs, I already have a few in mind that I wanna re-do in the future. Here is one
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Eydis_Fire-Eye
I gave her such dumb looking clown red hair to fit her Morrowind look(fire is in her name afterall =p) but I wanna find a real life red haired color for her. Yes, I wanna make her a ginger!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIPZsEjeDRQ
I figured something like that might be nice, because the fake red hair color looks just plain silly in Skyrim.

As for my work, I haven't even started on my npcs yet, I was going to start last week and finish them last week. But a few things kinda killed my mood >_> and I also ended up with a painfull painfull tooth ache xD Sadly I need a root canal, and I lack dental insurance. =p Thank god for the painkillers they gave me.

Suade
Suade's picture
Thanks for the help Ah those

Thanks for the help :) Ah those are the worst. I chipped half my tooth once while skimboarding, hit the sand hard xD and I was in a really remote area, so I had to go the night and morning without painkillers until I could get to a dentist to get a filler. That could certainly distract you from work like this! 

Lemme go back and show you some of my work so far and you tell me how I'm doing :) Are we waiting on all the npc's to be finished first before we move on to the quests, ai packages, ect?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Quests are being worked on by

Quests are being worked on by a few people already. But you're always welcomed to help them. There is even a guide on how to make the quests.
http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2800

Suade
Suade's picture
Okay, just want to clear this

Okay, just want to clear this up. I lost 5 or 6 npc's when I loaded my esp just to check on my progress (only half of them are showing dark elf, rest of the ones I did are creature). I am loading skyrim.esm and morrowind_sk.esm and saving to my one esp after each npc is finished? 

Well that's what I did for 2 hours last night, and for some reason about 5 or 6 of them are back to what they were before. But since I have their face gen data exported, can I just leave the face customization alone and just redo the traits, stats and ai data? How does the CK know which .dds and .tga go to which npc? 

Anyway, here's some of the npc's I did (I had more varied blue skinned but alot of those were lost >.> ):

RammS
RammS's picture
I created a new esp for a

I created a new esp for a every new CK-session, due to the "Missing-info bag"

You could do the same.

At the end I had 15 esps

Mehh
Mehh's picture
@SuadeWell better off you

@Suade

Well better off you learn this now and get a rhythm, because guess what? After the Skywind npcs, we get to make the Oblivirim npcs! Yay...

Thankfully there are less npcs in Oblivion than Morrowind.

@Ramms, what's the "missing-info bag" ? Dammit now you guys got me paranoid that some of my npcs might be lost, lols. x.x

Suade
Suade's picture
I'm sure I have asked this

I'm sure I have asked this before but I want to clarify. I did 5 or 6 npc's that didn't save. however, I did export their face gen data. Do I need to do their faces again? Or just their stats/ai data and since the face gen data is saved it'll load the .dds and .tga.

Suade
Suade's picture
I'm sure I have asked this

So I'm loading morrowind_sk.esm, skyrim.esm, and my esp, and setting my esp as the active file? Will I be able to save then? Because when I load all three without setting it as an active file it wouldn't let me save the esp, which is probably the reason why I lost some npc's.

RammS
RammS's picture
Dark Elf Male - M I'll take

Dark Elf Male - N-O

I'll take it

ps you NEED to create a facegen data again, but you don't need to export textures again

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Suade wrote:So I'm loading

Suade wrote:

So I'm loading morrowind_sk.esm, skyrim.esm, and my esp, and setting my esp as the active file? Will I be able to save then? Because when I load all three without setting it as an active file it wouldn't let me save the esp, which is probably the reason why I lost some npc's.

Yes, you load all 3 and use your esp as an active file. Setting it as an active file means you wanna edit something in your esp.
Suade
Suade's picture
RammS wrote:Dark Elf Male -

RammS wrote:

Dark Elf Male - N-O

I'll take it

ps you NEED to create a facegen data again, but you don't need to export textures again

Ah bummer, alright I'll finish up M today.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
If you wish,as from V_09

If you wish,as from V_09 released today,you can just load SkyWindMain.esm and your esp [make it active] as SkyWindMain.esm will load all of the other masters including Skyrim.esm.

Suade
Suade's picture
Okay so how is this going to

Okay so with the new masterfile instead of loading morrowind_sk.esm I'm loading skywindmain.esm? Because skywindmain.esm is dependent on morrowind_sk.esm right?

Suade
Suade's picture
Okay so how is this going to

double post sorry - deleted 

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Yes,but if it does not

Yes,but if it does not work,go back to using morrowind_sk.esm instead.

If it all works for you by just loading SkyWindMain alone,then it will make me a happy man because I needed it tested.:)

Pages

Topic locked