17 posts / 0 new
Last post
RammS
RammS's picture
[WIP] Proper Morrowind armor and other clothes in Skyrim

Approximately 1 month ago someone post a comment related to the free slots in some thread, unfortenately, I do not remember who was that and where is this comment=)

So, here is the plan how we can put morrowind-style armour system in Sky. Also, Oblivion-style too.

First of all, we need to convert armour, etc. meshes.

Second, seperate models and give'em a proper position on the skeleton. For example, we can separate pauldrons, gloves, add belts, etc. (It's very simple action).

Furthermore, who is familiar with nifscope, to correct position etc.

In addition, someone familiar with scripts should make one which will do impossible to use original sky gloves and "seperated" in one time etc.

Finally, adding in CK properties to our new armour, related to the original Skyrim defence parametres. So overall defence and weight of armour should be the same as full armor.

So, if somebody interested in such an idea and want to bring it into life, it would be great.

IMPORTANT RELATED THREADS:

•  
  • Morrowind to Skyrim Action Plan
  • Project Andoran Plugin Converter    
  •  
  • Project Andoran Nif Converter  
  • Proper Morrowind armor and other clothes in Skyrim  
  • Updating Morroblivion models to a Skyrim standard
  • Morroskyrim Master File   
  • MorroSkyrim Role-play system  
  • Morroskyrim Meshes and Textures  
  • Converting Skyrim NPCS   
  • Vivec Race WIP (Armour and other stuff conversion by helpfulperson)    

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 19:41
Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I am trying to get 3DsMax to

I am trying to get 3DsMax to work ones again, if it works I can start doing stuff. But I need a up to date In/Exporter for NIF files. The plugins from the nifscope site do not look like there up to date.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
Do you want me to run the

Do you want me to run the converter over the armor and clothes as well?

RammS
RammS's picture
It would be great,

It would be great, unknownone=)

helpfulperson already convert some armour types, but only few, if compare to the all armour.

unknownone
unknownone's picture
I looked into running the

I looked into running the convert over the Armor, and I don't think it would be fully converted with everything. The NifConvert and ChunkMerge do not like NiNodes in the nif file (I think they only read in NiTriShape, otherwise it crashes), also they might have bones or some sort of thing (I'm no mesh guy) that the converter will crash on. Most went through the 3ds Max script fine, but as far as running those two programs I'm pretty sure they will crash.

mxzero11
mxzero11's picture
unknownone wrote:I looked

unknownone wrote:

I looked into running the convert over the Armor, and I don't think it would be fully converted with everything. The NifConvert and ChunkMerge do not like NiNodes in the nif file (I think they only read in NiTriShape, otherwise it crashes), also they might have bones or some sort of thing (I'm no mesh guy) that the converter will crash on. Most went through the 3ds Max script fine, but as far as running those two programs I'm pretty sure they will crash.

Importing/exporting the armors from morrowind isn't that hard, that software has been around for years. We don't use the model converter for armors/weapons there would be too much error generated, instead we bring them from the game format into the modeling software edit the models and export them to the new game. This proccess involves 2 things a decent knowledge of nifscope and a fair knowledge of either 3ds or blender. Yes blender is infact supported there's a tutorial on skyrim nexus on how to export armors, specifically armors, to skyrim. I plan on referencing it in the near future.

I'm in the proccess of setting up the enviroment to do some animations for skyrim, after I get that project finished, don't plan on it anytime soon, I could work on some armors.

Finally duplicate the orginal armors in CK and modify the paramiters such that they're not OP or under powered.

I am going to address the elepant in the room by saying "we shouldn't touch the orignal models if we want to keep this ligit." I hightly reccomend we get a hold of the author of vvardenfel imports and ask his permission and use them. That would get us most of the armors and we could work from there. Sadly I'm not the best armor modeler and I can't texture worth jack so I can't make them from scratch.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
For implementation in the CK,
bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/m

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17664 Thought this was interesting and should go in this thread.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Here is a link to some

Here is a link to some morrowind armor remakes.  They aren't all the best, but the stalhrim and glass look pretty convincing.  If we can get permission they could at least be good as placeholders.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788585...

RammS
RammS's picture
Today I'm going to try

Today I'm going to try separation of gaunlets, if I have any results, I would post it

2 Shadow, hm Glass and Stalgrim really look not bad, but I haven't got a morrowind feel looking on them =(

Damn, I've got crashes in my CK after I install an update (I think, I'll reinstall it later). Also My ifscope crashes too O_o. When I try to run it.

Anybody have got knowledge of nifscope and working one? I can upload this simple 1 handed model in nif format, exported from 3dsmax if somebody can try it out.

Edit: My CK and NifScope start to work, but my pitty knowledge in NifS. doesn't give me a chance to create proper positioning etc. Anybody know how to use it? It'll increase speed of the coversion

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
I will take this task on.
I will take this task on. Supply the armors in a nif file, have everything detatched (Example: Where i can select the pauldrons without also selecting boots or chest) and i will get it in game
elderago
elderago's picture
quick question

are we looking to convert morrowind armor or what ?  

if you guys are I would strongly suggest recreating the armor,  it would be less hassle  then trying to convert  the old models and the result would be much better.

elderago
elderago's picture
double post

double post

alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
No, we are using oblivion
No, we are using oblivion models we have!
alexanderb
alexanderb's picture
Contributor
helpful can u give me all the
helpful can u give me all the armors!!!! i can implement them in the game so they have just shoulders, or just chestpiece.
Clint
Clint's picture
You're probably going to have
You're probably going to have to send Helpfulperson a PM.
elderago
elderago's picture
good too know I was somewhat

good to know, I was somewhat confused given that the topic kept on specifying Morrowind and not morroblivion armor.

I may actually be able to help with this, is there anyway to import the skyrim skeletion into  blender ? I know  about altering the verision date iin the nif file but, what about the bones ? which ones would I need to delete  in order to successfully import the skeletion