*** This mod is out of date. All all features have been merged into the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch. ***
BetterCharGen v1.8 for Morroblivion v064
Improvements for Morroblivion Character Generation Quest (aka CharGen) including better lighting for chargen and in prison ship, tweaked AI movements, invisible guide-rails along boat plank, seamless in-game transition to Oblivion intro quest.
Place after NPC/Graphics replacers like OCO2. Can be imported into a Bashed Patch.
Morroblivion v064: "Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp" is required.
This will probably be incompatible with any alternative start mods for both Morroblivion and Oblivion.
- Removed version number from filename.
- Fixed bug in Book for starting Oblivion intro quest. Also, renamed book to from Nerevarine to Outlander since you can start prior to being named Nerevarine.
- Fixed dialog subtitles in Class Quiz.
- Bugfixed for real this time.
- Fixed a bug where the class quiz would change your class if you travelled from Cyrodil to Morrowind. If you do that now, you won't be offered the quiz.
- No filename change to avoid needing to change voice file locations.
- Tweaked AI for first guard so that he escorts/waits for player.
- Added additional scripting/triggers for Jiub and boat guard to talk.
- Implemented class quiz! Formatting of text is not great, but missing voiced dialog is nice.
- Bug fixed Census Office lights.
- Added compatibility changes to start the Oblivion intro-quest from Morrowind. This can be started by selecting the "Memoirs of the Nerevarine" book found in the home of Caius Cosades. Once the Oblivion intro-quest is completed, you can return anytime to Morrowind and continue Morrowind quests.
- "Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp" is now required.
- Also expanded Oblivion intro/transition quest to be a "mini-quest". Full journal entries and quest marker added for quest stages.
- Added several conditionals so Oblivion intro-quest can be done without any tutorial boxes (while still preserving them for a new game that starts in Cyrodil).
- Initial framework for "tutorial" messages like the ones in the Morrowind intro quest: pick up dagger, pick up ring, etc.